Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 about my submisions...before you try to delete - Minitokyo

about my submisions...before you try to delete

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

im really afraid that my subs will be deleted due to its simplicity...but you see...that's what i like...we have different tastes on gallery items and i like simple images...please try to understand me...and besides...i fell not so good when my subs are deleted one by one...

ramchong

ramchong

Dirty Old Ninja Master

Hm... since this is not the first time... and i do agree with you that Bot Chii not really understand the art of simplicity... but what to do? Bot Chii is my lover too, she come to me quite often... eventhough i had enough for her... but that's useless... she's juz like the matrix mainframe who monitoring our souls in a fully covered capsule... Mt is her world and we live inside it....

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

celluz

celluz

Italian Otaku

PLEASE...dont give me the chance to say what i thinking now :D

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

i agree with you completely. I really think that simplistic walls meant to be simple should still be maintained. But then again, we see many wallers who submit walls that use too much stock photo its hardly a work of originality. Though i must say i get confused over a stock photoed wall and a collage wall, still, I'm not sure/ =/

But for one thing, ripped walls have no place in MT.

Feel the Rain on Your Skin. No One Else can Feel it For You. Only You Can Let it in.
Signature Image
-=Admin&Mod=- Flip | Ice and Snow | Nippon Foods | TSubasa | Pure Light Love | Assistance Coalescence | Make a Friend | FMWS | Syaoran shrine | Filipino Comm. | Sakura | Sea | Pokemon League | SS shrine | The Real Folk Blues | English | McDonald's

celluz

celluz

Italian Otaku

Anyway...i agree with you Athena.......

Jyu-Jyu

Jyu-Jyu

*blush*

sometimes -- simple is the best ^_^ but sometimes simple is not recognized by others. The simplicity of things sometimes is wat is the most graceful. ^_^ although ur wallies get deleted i'm sure there are lotsa ppl [those who do get to see it before it gets deleted] who actually appreciate the simplicity of your creation. ^_^ cheer up and just keep doing wat ur doing -- or maybe put a lil tweek in it. ^_^ *hugs*

Katzbalger

Katzbalger

Managment Fun

Read the user policy. I've seen one of you walls, all it is is a character on a white bg. That is not a wallpaper, that's a scan. There is also no work involved in creating it what so ever.

All in all, it's a cop-out. You're submitting scans while trying to say that you've created the image from scatch. This is why your walls are getting deleted.

To finish off, I'll say it again, READ THE USER POLICY. If you have any more issues, contact me.

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Quote by ramchongHm... since this is not the first time... and i do agree with you that
Bot Chii not really understand the art of simplicity... but what to do?
Bot Chii is my lover too, she come to me quite often... eventhough i
had enough for her... but that's useless... she's juz like the matrix
mainframe who monitoring our souls in a fully covered capsule... Mt is
her world and we live inside it....

Well, it is not botchii who deletes it, its the gallery moderator >< and if no images are deleted, MT will be cluttered with lotsa wall and maybe the server will be very slow and all and all and all :P
I got my wall deleted before too, everybody experience it so I think it should not matter to you if it got deleted because of simplicity, after all you are proud of it and you know you have made it well.. cos simple walls are often looked as not putting much effort, if mt allows simple walls, there will be people who will keep on submitting wall just to gain level and all without any effort ><
If you wanna showcase your work, maybe you should put it up in a web :) not that I detest your taste in simple wall or disagreeing with you, just try to reason it out, hope you dont get offended

Signature

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Expecting that this thread might be closed eventually, off the bat, I too actually do indeed love simplicity at its finest, but to me, there also should be a fine line of what is considered a lot of effort placed on the table, and what little is to being pressed forward as well. If nothing much is being added to the wallpaper, there's a slight chance that it will be wiped out in the long run by the gallery moderators themselves. That's just from my personal view.

Anyways, if it's leaning a bit more to the simplistic side, emphasize more on the quality of the wallpaper. Make every object look stunning, incredibly crisp and clean. Believe me, those walls do have visual appeal, because quality over quantity is what matters most.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

ramchong

ramchong

Dirty Old Ninja Master

Quote by tareren
Well, it is not botchii who deletes it, its the gallery moderator &gt;&lt; and if no images are deleted, MT will be cluttered with lotsa wall and maybe the server will be very slow and all and all and all :P
I got my wall deleted before too, everybody experience it so I think it should not matter to you if it got deleted because of simplicity, after all you are proud of it and you know you have made it well.. cos simple walls are often looked as not putting much effort, if mt allows simple walls, there will be people who will keep on submitting wall just to gain level and all without any effort &gt;&lt;
If you wanna showcase your work, maybe you should put it up in a web :) not that I detest your taste in simple wall or disagreeing with you, just try to reason it out, hope you dont get offended

I think you bent the defination in the artistics in simplicity, it doesn't mean you put up a empty, or plain color wall and paste a scan... and that's it... and i'm sure people's do put in efforts into it... much more efforts contributed do not equals to best result... and this is what i don't like in Bot Chii (you should know why there is Bot Chii, and i knew GD do the work...) she can only accept complexity but not simplicity...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

About simplicity. Simplicity is also a basis of what you can call "beauty". However, MT restricts wallpapers that are made with "low effort". Sure it's hard making a wallpaper and all but if you make it obvious that you made it with a lot of effort, it would be fine.

Simple doesn't always mean low effort.

Simplicity has its own elegance. If by making a wallpaper out of an extracted image + fill or filter, then you have yet to find that elegance that is hard to look for in simplicity. We all know that finding that certain elegance is also exerting effort.

Also, gallery directors don't just delete walls like mad. They consider before deleting. Otherwise, they wouldn't be called gallery directors but wallpaper deleters. I would recommend you to join the minitokyo forums on IRC (#minitokyo on irc.rizon.net) before submitting any wallpaper you deem would be a target to delete by mods. That channel has plenty of mods that would not just approve your wallpaper. They would also give good comments and suggestions, making sure that your wallpaper would be good. Good wallpapers surely don't get deleted.

Latest wallpaper: I'm Still Waiting

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I know the mods would say that this thread is a complaint of removed submissions. There are some seemingly low-effort walls out there, but sometimes, these walls have lots of elegance and beauty in them that there may be a reconsidering in deleting them. As long as you don't make your effects too obvious for others to quickly point out, then that will determine how original you are with what you make. Sometimes, a background isn't always the most complex; perhaps the foreground is meant to draw more attention. It can happen. As long as everyone knows you tried with your wallpaper without it being overly simple (such as slapping a scan onto a background which isn't even modified much, especially with stock images, and calling it a day), then it should be okay.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Holt

Holt

pffft

I understand what you mean but there has to be a line between artfully simple and just plain lazy. Where that line is drawn depends on the observer.
I'd have to see these walls are considered too simple for myself to make a proper judgement but I think the mods have their reasons.

Signature Image

Norin

Norin

Mono Espacial

I understand what you are saying, just as i read your thread my newest addition was deleted for its simplicity. I must say that there was an art movement around the 20`s called minimalism, this movement is known by a phrase that says something like "Less is more", Im not sure if those are the actual words because I have only heard and read the phrase in spanish "Menos es mas" but it means that things do not have to be complicated, they don`t have to have alot of images, textures, shapes to be better than others, because somtimes, less is more, simple is considered to be elegant, simple, and much more powerful, mostly because it makes a grater contrast ... but what can we do?

If you want to make an omelette you have to brake some eggs
Signature
Be excellent to one another

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

sometimes "Chii" gets carried away with what it deletes. eg, for a long time i had 1 submission, which was a proper wallpaper i put efford into. today i posted another wallpaper, which was just a bit of fun which was drawn in 10 minutes XD. this was deleted by a gallery moderator because she/he didnt feel it belonged on minitokyo, which was fair enough, but they also deleted my other wallpaper which had been there for months with no problems. i know that its agaisnt the policy, but i resubmitted my first wallpaper, because i felt it shouldnt of been deleted

sailormoon

sailormoon

Ah! Where's my 3rd eye!!

OMG! I thought I was the only one who might of liked the simple look! I love your work athena I didnt know it was getting trashed by bot chi!? I have had it happen to me to in the dead of night...:( darn that bot chi! just keep working hard at it you'll creat more of the kind of wall's bot chi likes :)

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.
In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth."
- Alphonse Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist.

"still the road keeps on telling me to go on.
something is pulling me, I feel the gravity of it all."
-'Gravity', Wolf's Rain, Performed by: Maaya Sakamoto

"What lies beyond the memories..."
"The place where everything comes from and everything returns to. The blue planet."
- Last Exile

Signature

"For love and justice, I'm the pretty soldier Sailor Moon. In place of the moon, I'll punish you!" - Sailor Moon

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny.
Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Forbidding simple wallpapers is a right decision because most people would think 'it's okay to submit a white screen with a character'. To avoid these actions the policy forbids simple ones.
There are only very few artists who can handle simplicity in an artistic way and even they need some time to create simplicity.

ded113

The Grunge Princess

Quote by CelessaExpecting that this thread might be closed eventually, off the bat, I too actually do indeed love simplicity at its finest, but to me, there also should be a fine line of what is considered a lot of effort placed on the table, and what little is to being pressed forward as well. If nothing much is being added to the wallpaper, there's a slight chance that it will be wiped out in the long run by the gallery moderators themselves. That's just from my personal view.

Anyways, if it's leaning a bit more to the simplistic side, emphasize more on the quality of the wallpaper. Make every object look stunning, incredibly crisp and clean. Believe me, those walls do have visual appeal, because quality over quantity is what matters most.

I agree with cel. Sure simplicity is good but there's a major difference between 1-2-3 simple and working more on the wall. I see ppl use stock pic as bgs and paste the character and that's it. Of course ppl jazz up the BG with additional stuff that makes it more. I hope this makes sense. My advice: Work a bit more on the bg. Works for me.

Yoh

Yoh

Yoh The Great!

A friend of mine was also complaining about that, she made a wall and got deleted because it was simple, but what about people that is the first time and it was hard for them to make them. :nya:

Earn money reading e-mails here

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

I hesitated to post when you and I we're talking because you're gonna massacre me with your verbal abuse.

When we say simple wall, we say minor flares and not many great effects, but in your case, your a slap-it-on person and just crop-out scans. You do not exert full effort in making walls that many people will, you only make walls to satisfy yourself. But doesn't it feel good when many others feel satisfied with your work? What you're doing is selfish. If you want a personalized wall that will look good on your desktop then make one for yourself, but be mindful and also create ones for others.

I'll speak in Tagalog to talk some sense into you...

Kailangan mong paghirapan para magustuhan ng iba. Kung sarili mo lang iniisip mo, hindi ka aasenso sa buhay. Pwede mo namang lagyan ng simpleng background para kahit papano masabing pinaghirapan. Eh ang pinaghirapan mo lang yata yung pagpili kung saan mo ipepwesto yung scan. OO, alam ko hindi ka pa marunong at di pa gaanong magaling pero kaya mo yan. Tignan mo ko, inabot ng isang taon bago natuto, pero wala pa rin ako sa level ng mababanges na waller dito.... kaya subukan mo naman gumawa ng para sa nakararami at hindi para sayo lang....

alam ko sasabihan mo nanaman akong lamang lupa o tatang kapag nabasa mo toh.... pero ayus lang.... at least napasok ko sa utak mo na sakim ka at sarili mo lang ang iniisip mo.....

I know you'll get mad but think about every single word I said in your mind. You'll thank me once you understand but I knwo you'll be too shy to say it....

Signature

Jyu-Jyu

Jyu-Jyu

*blush*

Quote by jakulitoI'll speak in Tagalog to talk some sense into you...
Kailangan mong paghirapan para magustuhan ng iba. Kung sarili mo lang iniisip mo, hindi ka aasenso sa buhay. Pwede mo namang lagyan ng simpleng background para kahit papano masabing pinaghirapan. Eh ang pinaghirapan mo lang yata yung pagpili kung saan mo ipepwesto yung scan. OO, alam ko hindi ka pa marunong at di pa gaanong magaling pero kaya mo yan. Tignan mo ko, inabot ng isang taon bago natuto, pero wala pa rin ako sa level ng mababanges na waller dito.... kaya subukan mo naman gumawa ng para sa nakararami at hindi para sayo lang....
alam ko sasabihan mo nanaman akong lamang lupa o tatang kapag nabasa mo toh.... pero ayus lang.... at least napasok ko sa utak mo na sakim ka at sarili mo lang ang iniisip mo.....
I know you'll get mad but think about every single word I said in your mind. You'll thank me once you understand but I knwo you'll be too shy to say it....

i wish i knew how to read that! T_T but i've never actually seen your work athena -- so i cannot say anymore than wat i've already said.

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Direct your attention here:

http://athena.minitokyo.net/gallery/

See for yourselves.

Signature

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Quote by ramchong
I think you bent the defination in the artistics in simplicity, it
doesn't mean you put up a empty, or plain color wall and paste a
scan... and that's it... and i'm sure people's do put in efforts into
it... much more efforts contributed do not equals to best result... and
this is what i don't like in Bot Chii (you should know why there is Bot
Chii, and i knew GD do the work...) she can only accept complexity but
not simplicity...

Hmmm, you should see what I mean, cos .. am not bending the description, but there are some people who did this and yeah... walls got deleted >< I agree with Celessa that there is a line for simplicity, you cant just submit a wall without adding anything much to the scan ><
Oh, ramchong ^^" I think you got it wrong, as I have mentioned, it is not bot[chii] who deleted the walls, bot[chii] is just automated message sender ><

Signature

shijiroken

shijiroken

Angel that finds his "Heaven"

what is bot chii?? I don't know that... anyway, it is true we have different taste when it comes in art, some people want a simple art, some wants those art that are not good enough but it has a hidden meaning some wants a complicated art and others do really appreciated all of them ( I hope all peopla are like that...)... for me, eventhough it is just plain skecth, complicated, simple, have a hidden meaning, art is a form of expression or art tells what is the real person was... So, you might feel sad because of deletion, right? anyway, as long as those people who have seen that, they might known the expression you want to say in your walls... eventhough a masterpiece of a person is deleted, as long as it is appreciated by others and you are grateful to that appreciation, that masterpiece (simple or not) will be marked as history, written or not... Do you have a sketch pad?? hope I can see them, I do really appreciate if you show it to me.. ok?? don't be sad athena-chan... keep smiling, it do really makes you beautiful (eventhough I haven't see you, but I can see them in your submissions...) and keep submitting your masterpiece, your eagerness to show your masterpiece to others what really counts, I'm so envious of you because you have the courage to submit your work but me, I don't have... so be proud of it, ok??

Heaven

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.