Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 about my submisions...before you try to delete - Minitokyo

about my submisions...before you try to delete

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

ultima100

ultima100

Holy Angel Ultima

hehe about 4 of my scans were deleted by Bot Chii cause of "there is a bigger size", but I couldn't find them even one. just complain -_-''

Jyu-Jyu

Jyu-Jyu

*blush*

lol

Quote by jakulitoDirect your attention here:http://athena.minitokyo.net/gallery/
See for yourselves.

thanks jakulito-san! *bows* i see what you mean;

But Athena-san -- don't get bogged down by it. everyone gets their wallies deleted [2 of mine recently] but oh well -- just gotta learn and move on -- don't dwell in the past. it'll just hinder you... so go and make wallies -- just give it a tweek here and there. ^_^

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

As you can see, she has no walls whatsoever. She made 2 wallpaper submissions a few hours ago but now they're gone. The reason why:

Quote by jasmineyou are not allowed to upload scans as wallpapers with
no modification of the scan from your part. this is not walling but
only cropping a scan to wall dimensions, a process utterly not
artystic. besided that scan already exhists in the gallery:
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/66368/

Signature

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

I like simplicity too, but I get really scared that some of my more simple walls would get deleted so I tend towards making collages and making things more complex than necessary because I don't want my wallpapers deleted.

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

MoonlightEternity

MoonlightEternity

::Amayasuki::

Well i gotta say there's nothing wrong with a simple wallpaper. But I guess users here prefer MT not to be crowded with very simple wallpapers. Like what Katzbalger said, if its like a picture with a white background, its too simplistic. I understand that anyone would be sad if there wallpapers were deleted. but if everyone was submitting simple wallpapers, which usually aren't very hard to make, Minitokyo would be so full of submissions, it'd probably explode. ><

and i've been reading some of the other posts on this thread, and i just gotta say, slipping on an image onto a premade background, or just a blank background isn't the greatest idea XD its a little TOO simplistic, and shows u don't put effort. Rippers are just plain uncool, and cropping a scan just won't work. Not trying to blame u or anything, i kno why ur worried, but i guess you should take what these people are saying into consideration. I think it best that you try again, and try to make ur wallpapers with more effects, and spend some time searching up tutorials to help u make you wallpapers more "complex". though tutorials have never really helped me ^^'' i experiment around with different effects and see how it would look.

simple is nice but too much isn't good either ^^. Try making a bit more complex ones, Athena, and see how BotChii takes it. I know everyone has had wallpapers deleted.

Signature Image
::MoonlightEternity aka Kimi-chan::

hey girl hi5!!
i agree with you!!

Signature Image

Khriss

Khriss

is addicted to RO again. sigh.

i agree.
in fact, i actually hate wallpapers that have too much of....
stuff.

rayearth

rayearth

[ The Real Gouf ]

I can't judge without seeing your work first, so maybe you could upload it somewhere and post the link here so we could judge better :)

ramchong

ramchong

Dirty Old Ninja Master

Quote by ramchong
I think you bent the defination in the artistics in simplicity, it
doesn't mean you put up a empty, or plain color wall and paste a
scan... and that's it...

Quote by tareren
I agree with Celessa that there is a line for simplicity, you cant just submit a wall without adding anything much to the scan

Were that juz the same in what i hav mentioned first?

Quote by ramchong
(you should know why there is BotChii, and i knew GD do the work...)

Quote by tareren
Oh, ramchong ^^" I think you got it wrong, as I have mentioned, it is not bot[chii] who deleted the walls, bot[chii] is just automated message sender ><

i'm sure you miz out the word GD there... and again i already knew that but you can't understand what i have mentioned... OX Bot Chii is the mask or a coverage for GD(hope you understand the word "gd" now...) If without BotChii sure there is a great chaos happen in mt!!!

But i hav to put it that way to explain the deletion of BotChii, else who the hell know which GD deleted their artwork!

Seems we actually hav the same common, with no offensive charges... juz a small miz communication... hope you really get what i mean now...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

celluz

celluz

Italian Otaku

http://www.imageshack.us/

if you want to upload images for free and have an immediate link

When you posted your deleted works i was online..but never give the chance to see them because was deleted veeeeeeeery fast.

Anyway....im still hating the "generic deletion message"....but like always...is an idea lost in space....and if someone want to know what i think about the people rear Bot Chi...simply look on my user page and check "her" reply in the "most fastest closed topic of this site" :P

angelrhea

angelrhea

<"Little Hime">

gee very sad to know about this. well simplicity is beauty. im sure Bot knows what she's doing and surely there is a reason for everything. but somehow, they must also understand the beauty of simplicity.

jasmine

Retired Moderator

jasmine

jazz mod

Athena, I was the one who deleted your so called wallpapers. Why? Not because of the issue of simplicity (there are some really good simple walls that I have in my favs list) but rather because taking a scan and resizing it to fit the wall dimensions is not called walling. As I already said in your userpage: one is not allowed to upload scans as wallpapers with no modification of the scan on his/her part. this is not walling but only cropping a scan to wall dimensions, a process utterly non-artystic.

I refer you to the FAQ about wall submission and how the walls are evaluated:

Quote by FAQWhat can I submit as wallpaper?
» You can submit finished wallpapers that you made yourself using graphics software such as Adobe Photoshop, Coreldraw, gimp. This means you cannot submit wallpapers that you found elsewhere, or modify existing wallpapers to submit them as yours. You may use stock images such as those found on Minitokyo, for example anime characters, to enhance the wallpaper.Submitting wallpapers from others is known as ripping and will be immediately removed from Minitokyo with all consequences that follow.

How is the quality and effort of my wallpapers evaluated?
» This is an important subject, as many wallpapers are deleted every day. There are minimum effort and quality requirements for submitted wallpaper because minitokyo wants to provide high quality content and in order to reduce the leeching, since leeches are generally scared by effort.
Actually, effort is more important than quality, especially for new members. These are four points that, if followed, will greatly increase the chances of your wallpapers staying on Minitokyo.
1) Extraction. The act of taking a character out of a scan to put in your wallpaper. Polygonal lasso or pen tool + at least 500% zoom is your friend if well used, while magic wand generally makes for worse wallpapers, and shows less effort
2) Cleaning. If the scan is grainy or contains other artifacts, cleaning the image is an important point
3) Layout. A decent composition is important. A thought out wallpapers is certainly more appealing and represent a higher level of quality/effort
4) Quality and effort in designing the background. This is a topic too vast to be covered here, but try to make quality backgrounds. Monocolor or other extremely simple or filter-whore backgrounds, while nice in some cases, usually do not lead the moderator to judge your wallpaper a high effort one.
Of course we're not expecting new members, nor old ones, to be perfect in every one of this aspect, though please try to give your all. But a wallpaper trying to follow these criteria is MUCH more likely to be accepted. The art & design forum contains further help on these topics, as well as links to tutorial sites.Also a detailed description of the creation process will help the moderator judging the effort you put into your wallpaper.

And also before you make a thread like this in the forum think ok? Cause you are presenting mods in a very dark and completely not obejctive way. We never delete anything without reason.

What I do is me...
... for that I came
me @ DeviantArt, AnimePaper, msn space

*sigh*

as i said...i love simple....if you cannot understand simple english then close this thread before i loose up my temper...damn!

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by athena*sigh*

as i said...i love simple....if you cannot understand simple english then close this thread before i loose up my temper...damn!

calm down athena.... your fuming.... lahat ng nangangatwiran tinutumba mo diba.... ano inaantay mo...

Signature

yeah?

whats the point of having really lots of line with additional effects the call it "a very nice wallpaper!?"
as i said...IT WAS suppose TO BE A SCAN!!!

what do you think "IT WAS suppose" mean?

Norimune

Norimune

Prince of Winter

I once criticized Bot chii (and the moderator behind her) for deleting a wallie that took me three weeks to accomplish (first time photoshop user :D )... After making my critique against these two wallie wreckers; half Mini Tokyo threw their rabid dogs at me. They called me all tipes names, irrespetuous, close-minded, childish (well acctually this last one is more like a complement for me :) )
Anyway, the only thing they didn't do was coming after me with pichforks and torches while I seeked refuge in my member page... :(
I understand that managing this site can be the heaviest of all burdains, and that artist feelings cannot always be considered. However the real reason for deleting a wallpaper should be posted alone, not among 20 other reasons by an impersonal bot. That would be a nice start...
Ok, now I'm going to hide in my custom page again... I can already feel those pitchforks... >.<
:) :) :)

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici." By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Calm down athena >< , maybe you should submit it as a scan instead, and keep the resized image in your comp or something ? ^^

well, ramchong i guess it is misunderstanding

Signature

ramchong

ramchong

Dirty Old Ninja Master

Quote by tarerenwell, ramchong i guess it is misunderstanding

Ya... due to my poor english...

Quote by jakulitoI hesitated to post when you and I we're talking because you're gonna massacre me with your verbal abuse.
When we say simple wall, we say minor flares and not many great effects, but in your case, your a slap-it-on person and just crop-out scans. You do not exert full effort in making walls that many people will, you only make walls to satisfy yourself. But doesn't it feel good when many others feel satisfied with your work? What you're doing is selfish. If you want a personalized wall that will look good on your desktop then make one for yourself, but be mindful and also create ones for others.
I'll speak in Tagalog to talk some sense into you...
Kailangan mong paghirapan para magustuhan ng iba. Kung sarili mo lang iniisip mo, hindi ka aasenso sa buhay. Pwede mo namang lagyan ng simpleng background para kahit papano masabing pinaghirapan. Eh ang pinaghirapan mo lang yata yung pagpili kung saan mo ipepwesto yung scan. OO, alam ko hindi ka pa marunong at di pa gaanong magaling pero kaya mo yan. Tignan mo ko, inabot ng isang taon bago natuto, pero wala pa rin ako sa level ng mababanges na waller dito.... kaya subukan mo naman gumawa ng para sa nakararami at hindi para sayo lang....
alam ko sasabihan mo nanaman akong lamang lupa o tatang kapag nabasa mo toh.... pero ayus lang.... at least napasok ko sa utak mo na sakim ka at sarili mo lang ang iniisip mo.....
I know you'll get mad but think about every single word I said in your mind. You'll thank me once you understand but I knwo you'll be too shy to say it....

sensya ngayun ko lang nabasa....thanks...shy akoooo...jokes!

oo na sige na mali nanaman ako!

e sa gusto ko eh!
sge na suko na ako!

pero naintindihan kita...tatang....old man jakulito!

galing mo pede ka rin pala maging seryoso!

Jyu-Jyu

Jyu-Jyu

*blush*

*comforts athena* hey sweets -- it's okay -- just try something else in another way next time. If you can't beat em -- then join em!! lol j/k ^_^

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

i really encourage you to calm down athena. I know how frustrating it is to have submissions deleted but trust me, loosing your temper will not lead to anything good. I even know a close friend of mine who was banned for having done a complaint ...
so please, i know you are a nice person, don't loose your temper.
Do your best next time and i'm sure you won't have problems anymore

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

kenzuke

kenzuke

Victimized

in the first place this is also an anime walling community.... so basically we use scans and make bgs for them.... for the case of just "using a scan and almost not changing anything and making it into a wall" thing.... well... so what's the purpose?..anybody could make something like that.... and MT is the place to show off your skills...... that's why... MT only accepts walls that were mostly done by you.... so if you really like just those simple walls.... then MT isnt the place to put em.... hope you understand... :)

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Quote by athenasensya ngayun ko lang nabasa....thanks...shy akoooo...jokes!

oo na sige na mali nanaman ako!

e sa gusto ko eh!
sge na suko na ako!

enough with the old man remarks!!! I'm dunno my friggin age dammit but I'm not that old!!!

Kinokonsensya ka na......

now that you're all calm and cool.... *points at athena* you conceded.... accept your defeat!!!

Sino balagong, may kamatis sa ilong... si.. si... si.... XP XP XP

Signature

Quote by jakulito

Quote by athenasensya ngayun ko lang nabasa....thanks...shy akoooo...jokes!
oo na sige na mali nanaman ako!e sa gusto ko eh!sge na suko na ako!

enough with the old man remarks!!! I'm dunno my friggin age dammit but I'm not that old!!!
Kinokonsensya ka na......
now that you're all calm and cool.... *points at athena* you conceded.... accept your defeat!!!
Sino balagong, may kamatis sa ilong... si.. si... si.... XP XP XP

tang inis kasi yang kamatis na ayan di matigil!!!!!

parang tanga!

di nila maintindihan tagalog noh kala nila galit pa rin ako!

>>regrads>>

for all who cant understand tagalog....

i already accepted my defeat!

sorry to all the mods and admins....its all jakulito's fault i swear!

he pushed me to be mad or something...jokes!

it's his fault that i accepted my defeat!

hey!

its my fault for being angry!

ill fly to all the mods and admins and say sorry ryt noW

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.