Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Resolution Monitoring [NOT a thread to post your res] - Minitokyo

Resolution Monitoring [NOT a thread to post your res]

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 36 total items

Ayu-sama

Ayu-sama

Angel of Destruction & Rebirth

That would be a nice addition though I doubt many wallers are willing to do that much res. ^^''

yamazaki

yamazaki

what the ??

Quote by Aa-chan

Quote by yamazakii have 2 pcs, the first one usin 1280 x 1024 the 2nd usin 1024 x 786.
so i go for 1280 x 1024 ^^

I'm not asking for what resolution you use, it is simply a suggestion to the powers that be.

im sorry, must not read your post properly...-.-;; gomen
and yea thats a good suggestion. gotta down with that

Signature

signature by: k1ru ^_~ thanks alot girl
thanks to k1ru for the signature ^_~

minakomel

minakomel

not present at times

thank you for making this thread....I was wondering the same thing...
you just need a poll in this thread ^^

In my opinion wallpapers should be always in at least 1600x1200. The picture can always be made smaller without any loss. With 1600x1200 almost all users will be able to use the wallpapers. The exception is of course some tft users who have 1280x1024 or some other non 4:3 resolution, but I guess they can cut the wallpaper to fit their screen. In that case the big size is also a benefit.
Myself being a 1600x1200 user, I've experienced the frustration of searching for nice wallpapers and finding most of them 1024x768. Stretching that size to a 1600x1200 will make it look unbearably horrible. I'm so picky I don't even use 1280x960 on my desktop. The only downside in the matter might be that a bigger picture uses obviously more memory. If this is a problem, you could always resample the picture in your image editor of choice...

Hm... ohh... ok... (After reading Aa-chan's post) So you're saying that it's better to post wallies with higher resolutions because it's easier to resize it into smaller sizes...? Hm, I agree with that. I'm still in 800x600, and since I'm making higher resolutions wallie, it's easier to shrink. Yes, a very good idea indeed!

Signature Image

All blackheads in Mashima Hiro's mangas are my boyfriends. Owh yes they are.

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

I don't see why there are certain resolutions that are not allowed. Wide screen walls, for example. They aren't allowed, but I have yet to hear a good reason as to why. I say that, as long as someone out there is using a particular resolution, it should be allowed on here.

Signature Image
-----| feeling : blah. | UserPage V1 : RO Succubus in pink | Latest Creation (BLEACH) |-----
Groups: Oldsters (a) - Nippon Foods (a) - Widescreen-Wallers (a) - Japanese (m)

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

Quote by Aa-chanI remember reading about plans to ask the user their favourite anime
series and then tally it up throughout the site to find out which is
the most popular. I had a similar thought but aimed at the resolution
the user uses. Whether this be 1280x1024 or dual 1600x1200 monitors, I
think it would be kinda cool as then this could be tallied and wallers
could look at the most popular resolution and create their walls
accordingly.
The majority might not care, but it might be a nice touch to submit
your wall, but have links to other popular resolutions aswell.
Just a thought and I don't think it's been mentioned before. I'm sure
shinsemgumi will correct me if I'm mistaken ;) .
NOTE: This is NOT a request for your resolution, there are other
threads for that purpose ;)

i think that that is a great idea
that way there would be more choices for all of the members to choose from bassed off of their monitors' resolutions
i hope that this can happen soon, it would be so great ^_^

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

The problem that I'm having is that I'm having a hard time finding wallpapers for my resolution. I'm a widescreen user that has a 16:10 aspect ratio (not one recognized by MT). Perhaps there's a way to search/sort wallpapers by popular resolutions? I was actually looking for a feature like that today...

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

kawaiiguy, unless MT has changed this in the last couple of days, they do not allow widescreen resolutions. So, us widescreen users have to use larger wallpapers or make our own and put them up in other places.

Signature Image
-----| feeling : blah. | UserPage V1 : RO Succubus in pink | Latest Creation (BLEACH) |-----

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Quote by MistressPookyChankawaiiguy, unless MT has changed this in the last couple of days, they
do not allow widescreen resolutions. So, us widescreen users have to
use larger wallpapers or make our own and put them up in other places.

The common 16:9 resolutions are allowed, as noted here. But in terms of monitor resolutions, 16:10 is far more common. The Dell 2005fpw, 2405fpw, Apple 20in, 23in, and 30in are all 16:10 monitors. I don't know of very many 16:9 monitors aout there...

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

Sorry, I don't know what you mean by 16:9 and stuff; i go by pixel count. ^-^;;;; Either way, I think the point that the OP was making was that not all resolutions are being represented.

Signature Image

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Quote by MistressPookyChanSorry, I don't know what you mean by 16:9 and stuff; i go by pixel
count. ^-^;;;; Either way, I think the point that the OP was making was
that not all resolutions are being represented.

16:9, 16:10, 5:4, and 4:3 are aspect ratios. Most resolutions, 800x600, 1024x768, 1600x1200 are 4:3 resolutions (divide width by height). Likewise, 1280x1024 is a 5:4 resolution (probably the most common one), while most widescreen TVs (and many movies) are 16:9. Computer monitors, on the other hand, usually fall into the 16:10 category. I don't actually know of any computer monitors that are 16:9.

Signature Image

page 2 of 2 « Previous 1 2 36 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.