Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How long can/have you wait(ed) for someone? - Minitokyo

How long can/have you wait(ed) for someone?

page 1 of 1 19 total items

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

:.ICE:.:BIN.:

Realistically speaking, how long can you wait for someone..? Where you and your bf/gf/partner are separated for one reason or another for an extended period of time and wait for each other until the time when you can reunite..? Is 'love' worth endlessly waiting for?

For example, I have a friend whose bf just went to the army and will be there for two years with very little vacation time. My friend also will not be able to go to her home country (she's in the USA) more than twice a year, with no guarantee that she'll be able to see him during those times... They can barely see each other or even talk to each other, but she's planning on waiting for him anyway. But I don't know anyone who actually succeeded waiting for their boyfriends in the army, and it seems too irresponsible/naively romantic to say that you will wait for someone for that long.

Or another example. There's a couple that tried to maintain their relationship through long distance and other unfortunate circumstances (e.g. both parents hate the bf/gf, or both are just way too busy physically and emotionally for a relationship). But eventually, the guy/girl gives in and says that he/she wants to remain friends or break up or whatever u want to call it. If their feelings are still there after a while, he/she says that maybe they'll be able to get back together.

If you were to be in/have been in a similar situation, how long do you think/have you can keep your feelings alive for the other person?

I dunno.. these issues suddenly became personally relevant to me these days and its getting me all feeling down and depressed and whatnot. So I'd like to know what you guys think. And I'm VERY sorry if this is a repeat thread - please delete shinsengumi-san, if it is. I did try searching ^^;

"Faith means believing in something that will only make sense in reverse."
"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

ParadoxPixie

ParadoxPixie

Triple Orgasmic Bi

I'll wait forever. Yes, I'm that loyal and darn-right stupid. And I feel that the other person will do the same because hey, we're both idiots.

"I'll rot carefully, cautiously and in style."

dont feel down love it happens.
i had that happen when my husband joined the Air Force and we were separated for about 9 months. true it wasnt to long but he gets sent every where the military wants him at any time for any length of time.
yes it's hard to wait for him without thinking that i should give up but love is always worth it.
if you found the right person and you know without a doubt the s/he is the one then stick with it. true it does hurt to be away from them for how ever long it is for but you can get through it without a problem if you love them strong enough.

Signature

yamazaki

yamazaki

what the ??

well i dunno but i guess i'll wait for her forever. im an idiot too that believe in true love

Signature

signature by: k1ru ^_~ thanks alot girl
thanks to k1ru for the signature ^_~

Lodigo

~Assasin Cross~

i will wait forever also

ultimate540

ultimate540

Innocence Fleeting

Quote by yamazakiwell i dunno but i guess i'll wait for her forever. im an idiot too that believe in true love

yay...we're all idiots..don't give up hope everyone, your not alone lol

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

My girlfriend and I hope that nothing comes between us between now and the time we both graduate from college. This should be in about 3 years, but I hope we see each other sooner than that just to make sure we stay together and not drift from each other. Even if we don't see each other, I'll still wait out the 3 years because I love my girlfriend so much, not forgetting to do my chores and any other important things. I know there is a possibility that she may leave me for some other guy, or some other girl approaches me (which happened today, which made me happy that I can still be approached) and may want a relationship out of me, but I chose to wait and that is something I will do. To be able to wait 3 years for such togetherness is a long time, but if the both of us don't make any attempts to be with other people, it shows how much we really care for each other.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

i will wait til i find the person for me...through dating ppl. i mean, u seriously can't expect to marry a guy without going through the rest and finding out if that is the "one". and the longest im remained with some1 is prob 8 months...pretty long eh. funny thing is, when i was little, i used to believe in true love, a soul mate, the "person just for me"(jeez i sound like chii OX )..yeah and now, through looking at all divorces and others, im not sure of that anymore :\ ...but some of my friends still think im childish abou tlove and need to growup ^_^'

I think it depends on how long you have been with that person before you are separated. If you have already been with eachother for many many years then there is a chance you could wait "forever". It also depends on the person. For me however, I dont' know how long I could wait, never been faced with that situation, but I'd like to think I would wait forever, but probably wouldn't. I couldn't always be missing someone, I'd need someone who is always there. My dad is gone most of the week and only comes home on weekends, I can't imagine being with someone like that, and he is not even gone for months or years.

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

yea on the one hand it seems like waiting for the other person is totally doable and is the logical thing to do if people think they're in love, but the question of being realistic stumps me.

Like really, how do you know this person is THE person for you when you could be totally blinded by your emotions? And what if you limit your chances to meet someone better (or the real soulmate, if you believe in that) because you're waiting..? Hm. Or maybe the fact that you decide to wait forever is a possible indication that this person is the one?

"When men are the most sure and arrogant they are commonly the most mistaken..."

yeah i would wait as long as i live. Unless i hear that she died.

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

I waited for a guy to get out of the service for two years, but then he wanted to let me go, so I guess I can wait for a guy if he'll wait for me. :)

Why do you kill the joy of death?

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

I guess we would all want to say that we will wait foreevr for them, but in reality, that doesn't happen very often. there are always some one else that tempts us, and after some time we will have doubpt about the other person. I know i would wait for the person for as long as i can, but I can't really say how long.

Signature

garnet4david

Tree without Leaf

I Will wait until the time tell me that i have no longer to wait for my fate because i have my own destiny ahead. When i have no longer to sail the sea coz the sea dried away or maybe when i my smiling tears had become a sad tears.

1. LIFE doesn`t need 2 b peRFECT, 2 b WONDERFUL as long as someone REMEBER & CARES. it`s more than enough 2 bEE-HAPI

2. I Am eXiSt to mAkE yOu aN eXiT

3. KOi tO sEki tO wA kAkUsArEnU

Signature Image

sanatos

sanatos

[BlEaCh.LoVeR]

i dont wait under five minutes because i can't wait for other people either these person is my love

Beat the machine which work inside you

K-Jin

K-Jin

Cloud

I waited for one girl for 8years....she was worth it...

This is my story...I'll end it the way I want...or we'll all die here...

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

I always want to believe in the best of any body as much as I can. The reason why I want to believe in the best of people is because I give people the best in me. Though I'm always the one getting hurt because I try to hold on to something that will not work out. But I never want to give up or at lease know... I tried. So some where along the line I wouldn't doubt my self to think... what would have happen if I tried. An example of what you said... My brother went to jail for about 5 years. He was in love for the 1st time in his life with this girl. My brother never been this way with anyone. She said she would wait for him but not even under a year... You had someone new. And what you said... over here made me think...

Quote by unicorn2006how do you know this person is THE person for you when you could be totally blinded by your emotions?

Theirs no point to hold on to some one that does not love you for you... But if that person loves you and have to leave in anyway? I will try my best to be with the person still, even if it means to fight a war I don't believe is right. I'll be by the one I love side until the day I die. I know I'm an idiot to think this way. But I know I'm an honest idiot ^_^'

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

unicorn2006

Retired Moderator

unicorn2006

Quote by K-JinI waited for one girl for 8years....she was worth it...

WAT??? are u serious..? wow.. so there are people who do wait for that long..

iiwa

iiwa

Cheeky Little October Kiss

i waited for a guy once 7 yrs... well.. i could have say it was worth it =) things worked well ^_^

Ano hi kimi ni sayonara sae iezu,
Soshite miushinatta yume mo..

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.