Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Scans deleted for not giving credit? - Minitokyo

Scans deleted for not giving credit?

page 1 of 1 8 total items

biggsyke

Scanner

biggsyke

Has it come to this?

Hi, I've had two scans of mine deleted and a warning posted in another about these submissions not being my own.
Well they are.
What do I have to do, provide a picture of me scanning from the actual magazine?
I mean, it says I should give credit to the proper person, website, etc. but I'm the one who scanned and uploaded.
So, is there any way to to get these submissions reinstated without uploading them again?

I'm the Spaceman, get used to it.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Magazine is the key word. In your description, make sure you note what magazine it came from.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Giving credit doesn't just include telling who made it but also where it came from as melmachine18 mentioned.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

biggsyke

Scanner

biggsyke

Has it come to this?

Here's the Bot's message:
"The description of the scan you submitted was deemed insufficient. It had one of the following problem:
- It was not clear whether or not the scan was done by you.
- It was taken from an image gallery or official site and you failed to provide the proper credit to the individual or website. You may submit the scan again and provide information about the artist or the website.

If you genuinely do not know where the image came from, simply stating "Not my scan." will suffice, but in a duplicate situation, individuals who provide proper credit will have their scans stay and yours deleted."

It says image gallery, individual, or website.
When I read that stating "Not my scan" is enough, I don't think naming the source is the reason for the deletion as much as it is believed that the scan is not from my own property.
It sounds more like I'm being accused of stealing another person's scan/submission and not giving them credit (not the actual source/magazine).

Does the Bot just browse the gallery and see a familiar scan or do the mods actually click on the link and look at the description?
Looking at the description, it feels more like a problem of not giving someone else proper credit, not the source.

Anyone else have an interpretation?

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Much less than of the time, the mods click on the link and look at the description. Also, this act is done by other members, and if the members don't see sufficient information about the scan provided, especially the credits as to where the scan came from, then most likely the scan will be reported so it can be removed by the mods. It's very important that, in order to keep a scan at Minitokyo, you must provide the credits.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

biggsyke

Scanner

biggsyke

Has it come to this?

All right, so the Bot says I can re-submit the items if I give credit.
So from what I've gathered I can do so if I state the *hard* source (magazine) without fear of being banned.
Because to me it sounds like the mod (or another member) who was browsing and found my scans believed I took them from someone else without giving them credit. But this isn't true.
And if you look at 90% of my scans I do name the magazine where they are from.
It just stinks because this lowers my level from losing the scan, the favorites added, and the comments.

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

In your description, put the words "Personal scan". That's what I do for my own scans. That marks yourself as the original source. Stating the original magazine (ie Newtype Japan, Animedia), and a month/year is a nice bonus because it lets others know where the scan came from in case they might want to buy the magazine for themselves (okay, maybe it's just me wanting to buy the magazine for myself... :P)

ultima100

ultima100

Holy Angel Ultima

When I submit a scan, I always put the name of magazine in description. You should do so. Realize that your scan still can be deleted for other reasons. The best way is modifying a scan into a wall.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.