Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The sleeping Arrangements - Minitokyo

The sleeping Arrangements

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Well, I was watching this show by the name of "King of Queens". And this episode showed how the husband and wife's bed had broke somehow. They went to order another one but it would come in a few weeks. So the store gave them two Twin Matresses to compensate. At first they were very hesitant towards the idea of sleeping in seperate beds and even tried to tie the beds together. (But they fell through the middle) Soon after they began to get used to the idea of seperate beds. They felt "Young again" as if they had to sneak over to each other in order to sleep with each other and stuff. It was hilarious, and later on when their single matress came in they did not want to trade them back in.

So now that i've got the experience down the main questions in the thread is:
If you are married (not married whichever you'd relate to better) do you choose to sleep in seperate beds or one bed with your significant other?

Why do you make this choice?

Do you think that either choice would have a large effect on the relationship? For better? Worse?

Any other questions can be brought up as well.

I just thought I'd give in my input. So my opinon is basically neutral. I would probably try them both out and give my decision. Although in my opinon seperate beds seems more fun. Just because. (i don't really know why) Maybe it's the idea of sneaking over to the other persons bed? -lol- Just like the Husband said "It feels like it's lights out at the orphanage and it she's the new girl. (or guy depending on your standpoint) In my opinon there probably wouldn't be much of a difference. With the exception that for all those lazy people who don't feel like getting up off the bed to do anything, they should stick with a single matress. *laughs*
~Narutofan

Signature

Shagmar

Shagmar

Resident NERD

I currently sleep with my g/f and have so for the past two years. As to why we do this...not entirely sure. She just tends to sleep better when I'm there and by now I'm just use to it so it has no effect on me one way or another. I honestly don't think seperating into two beds would have any effect at all. Considering she's usually in bed before me so the lights are out when I get into bed as it is. Not to mention sometimes I get a nice surprise...IE she's wearring something sexy.

i understand the idea of "sneaking over to the others bed" but I don't think that would make any difference. Sooner or later it's going to become routine just as sleeping in the same bed becomes. I see how it would change things up for a while though, but too much work for so little return in my opinion. Plus, my g/f and I have a tendency to just pass out in bed, so unless we are in the same bed so that one wakes up the other as they get into bed, my sex life would drop drastically...and that's not acceptable.

One thing to think about, back in the 60s and before, married people did sleep in seperate beds...it wasn't until the 70s/80s that it switched to a single bed for two people. It must have worked back then, but it also must have changed for a reason...

Signature

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

i'm gonna ty both actually, i like the idea of missing each other sometimes so as to not "saturate" the "urge", you know what i mean.. oh and that show is crazy hilarious..lol

Jamethial

Jamethial

Dream-Weaver

Interesting.... but not. I don't think I would want to sleep in seperate beds if I were married. ^.^;; lol

ps I hope your happy Anthy.

Signature
Life is full of infinate absurditities,
which strangely enough do not
even need to appear plausible,
since they are true.
-Luigi Pirandello

the only time we sleep in different beds is when he is gone or i am gone. i dont sleep well when i am alone in the bed so i sleep on the couch till he gets home

Signature

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

I sleep with my girlfriend and I can't really imagine doing otherwise even though it's only been three years. I think seperate beds could create that sense of "sneaking into each other's bed" and certainly having all that space and the blankets to yourself would be nice, but I personally do not think that's worth giving up what I get from sharing my bed with someone I love.

I get to go to sleep with my best friend and I've come to think that the simple act of sleeping with her is more important than sex or comfort. It helps me feel connected to her and I think it helps create a sense of communalism in a relationship. Plus she's like the best teddy bear I've ever had. XP

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

Shagmar

Shagmar

Resident NERD

I pretty much have to agree with Kuzain. The more I think about it the more I just don't want to give up have my g/f right next to me. Sure once and a while it's nice to have the bed to yourself, but I don't sleep that well when she's not around. Dreading the coming weak as I'm going out of town...

Signature

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.