Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How to protect work - Minitokyo

How to protect work

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Sinistra

Sinistra

MT Fanatic

For you wallers this might be something intoresting you might want to start doing.

Ways to protect your wallpapers from getting ripped off the site.

Brand them this means put your username copyright and any info at the bottom of the wallpaper.

WaterMark Make a little image as your watermark then put it at the bottom of the wallpaper with a blending property that will make it visible but not at a glance. you have to look for it.

PhotoshopWatermark For those that use Photoshop you can put a vertal watermark on your work this will keep people from ripping you off

Report ripper to their host you can find out what host someone is using ether by DNS lookup or a whois lookup on Register.com

I hope some of these help you out

anti-spammers | photoshop-lovers

Keough

Keough

Lockhart

This actually really helps alot of people with the Rips. But even sum people try to post the same in hoping it can get pass by ^^ but this thread will surely let people keep in mind in how to protect their work..

Sinistra

Sinistra

MT Fanatic

Most people try to remove the copyright which makes the walls not a regulation size so thats also another good way to notice a rip

Sorry to sound like a noob but what is a "vertal watermark"?

I try to just put my handle in the image in a way that it's out of the way of the desktop but is blended into the image so they just cant cut and paste over it.

~ Save Bandwidth! Use a text siggy instead!

My Latest Walls:

Ethereal Summoner ~ Yuna & Valefor
Sunshine Girl //make you happy?

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

It also helps to put a copyright notice in the JPEG image's EXIF data.

Quote by breadcrustIt also helps to put a copyright notice in the JPEG image's EXIF data.

Oi what does that mean, care to explain?? I worry about this issue a lot, your guys tips are helpfull...

yea, I don't know what a vertal watermark is either. I don't even know how to put in a watermark with photoshop.

Signature Image

chibi-lizard

chibi-lizard

the official cicak kecil

here's a tutorial on how to create an invisible watermark ... but if i'm not mistaken .. it only works for IE
[click me]

there's several other watermarking tutorials :) lazy to get the links >.< gomen ^_^'

.:: [ S . U . K . I - S . A . N . C . T . U . A . R . Y ] ::.
Signature Image
.: don't kill me cause i'm a lizard :.

thanks for the tut... I'll definitely use it

Sinistra

Sinistra

MT Fanatic

yes very nice Tutorial ^_^

hey,
just as a report back i tried the above mentioned tut 9the one for putting a watermark on your art)

it works well, no prob there.
but it doesn't seem to work too well with very detailed and dark art work.
In the end it dulls the art and you can't put a very detailed watermark in there
(initially I drew a little man giving people da finger, but it doesn't show only a very simple and large font seems to work)

I am just bothered by the pic getting duller. If you read throught the tut in the end you put your watermark behind a white layer and your orignal art on top and then you adjust the opacity of the original art. What happens then is your drawing gets faded when you drop the opacity for the watermark to show since the layer beneath is white.

Okay I don't know if I made a lot of sense there, but if you tried it you would know what I mean. Does anyone know of a way around this or a better way to do it?

This is a cool topic. I heard on the news that George Lucas has been seen in each episodes 1 thru 3 in a short scene. It's his way of "watermarking" his work by appearance. This leads me to believe that you can do the same kind of thing with your art. Let me explain:

When you draw, paint, or digitally color something, place a key in the image. Not some ugly circle with your name in it, but rather, something small and subtle. I heard that the Thomas Guide map books have intentional street mapping errors on each page so that they can match up their own work with the work of illegitimate map makers. If the two maps are drawn and called out identically, then Thomas Guide has nabbed a culprit.

You could come up with a symbol or shape that appears in all your work and is somewhat hidden or intentionally obscured. Say you have a monogram or initals you'd like to include. Put them somewhere in the image so the average person looking at the image doesn't know the difference, but you do.

Food for thought...

puKKa

puKKa

Ecchi~~

this is really good to know, I've never found a good way to mark my works but now I got some good tips on how to, thanks :D

ever-ruler

ever-ruler

..: winter air :..

There is really no absolute safe way to protect your work. I usually just place copyright information and my "signature" on the bottom right corner. But I doubt anybody would waste the time to steal my works.

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

Another way is to keep your PSD files so that you have proof that you made it.

This tutorial teaches you how you can place an INVISIBLE water mark on your wall --> http://s4.invisionfree.com/Design_Xtravagance/index.php?showtopic=17

What's even better is that the watermark can only be viewed in Internet Explorer which makes it less detectable. The only way to see it is to highlight it.

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

FredGreg

FredGreg

Cynical pedant.

That IE-only watermarking method is OK, but it does dull the work like voodoo said... also, it's not really IE-only, it's just that you need to make the picture high-contrast. Only IE highlights pictures out of the three major browsers (Netscape doesn't count, it's just a bastardized version of Firefox with the worst part of IE thrown in), so only IE will make the pictures high-contrast out of them. Sharpening any picture you want to rip in Photoshop a few times will be fine - I just tried it, it works brilliantly.

You end by dulling your picture & still having it reversible if they're cluey (not too likely, but it could happen). It's like DRM - ultimately futile, & damaging in any degree of implementation. It's still good if you're willing though.

The only way you can make your mark stay is if it's subtly integrated, IMO. Like advertising, if it's seperate, it's removable. Product placement can ruin the show, but if it's subtle, it won't, & the ads won't be removed no matter how much someone wants to. The same principle applies to digital images (& to physical, but they're too much of a bother to rip anyway).

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.