Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Chivalry? Girls do you like it? - Minitokyo

Chivalry? Girls do you like it?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

SamuraiHaruko

SamuraiHaruko

Butterfly

If you don't know what chivalry is then I'mm tell ya: its is courtesy and considerate behavior, especially toward the "weaker" persons aka Women.

Okay my thought about it is hat it's bullshit XD I'm sorry fer cussing you can all hit me with stick now X3 [first time I cussed on MT] anywayz ^_^' I hate chivalry cause I'm looked about as the weaker sex...I can do stuff on my own.

You see I'm very small and people think i can't carry heavy boxes or stacks of boxes....I can hold me own...I hate when ppl worry about me because I'm so small. I can take care of stuff bigger then me on my own. I'm stronger then I look X3 lol but it is sweet once in a while maybe lol

Now. Ladies what do you think of it? Guys your opinion is loved too .

Magically Delicious, yo.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Yeah there are times I wouldn't mind it because I like the respect, but I hate it when people treat me as if I'm stupid and incapable of doing things. That's when I blow up...

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Damn has feminism ever twisted the term of chivalry these days.

Chivalry

1. The medieval system, principles, and customs of knighthood.
A. The qualities idealized by knighthood, such as bravery, courtesy, honor, and gallantry toward women.
B. A manifestation of any of these qualities.
3. A group of knights or gallant gentlemen.

In no way does chivalry imply a weakness between the sexes. It's just common decency.

Signature Image

SamuraiHaruko

SamuraiHaruko

Butterfly

same it can get annoying and at times you don't really need it THAT's when I really feel like dirt

Magically Delicious, yo.

hibikinadesico

hibikinadesico

may my smile be with you

DS15 is right, dont take it the wrong way ladies, but i personally would love to have a helper whenever i can, maybe thats why people have maids and buttlers. but what chivalry means all depends on the individual

Meaning of life you ask me?? meaning differ for all and to all shut the hell up.

if you are a hot girl, than you must be my friend pleaseeeee

SamuraiHaruko

SamuraiHaruko

Butterfly

if it's knightship then why is it that I don't see any knights around...O_< and I'm talkin bout the chivary used on ladies

Magically Delicious, yo.

huh?

Signature

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

I think it's nice and sweet, but I'm a timid person and I like that... in a relationship setting... but when we get down to details of regular life, I do like to take care of things myself... I'm a very controlling person and I like things to go my way, so my dualistic nature can be quite a handful.

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

i like it when a man treats me like a lady its nice
but most of the time it dosen't happen i just do things for myself

happianime

happianime

May all your dreams come true!

I love chivalry! It makes a man's reputation good! Sometimes I do feel inferior and weak, I also do stuff by myself. I don't need men! ^_^

Always approach with a smile!

rocknroll-isgo

rocknroll-isgo

Holy hole in a donut, Batman!

Meh, I suppose both. I don't mind someone opening a door for me --- that's polite --- but at the same time, I can't stand when they treat me like I can't do anything because I'm a girl. For example, I had a guy offer to drive when we went places, which is sweet and all for the first few times, but then when I wanted to drive, he said it polite for the guy to drive and that "girls don't really drive good anyway". wtf??

So I guess chivalry is great to some extent --- as long as they don't do it for the wrong reasons or go overboard with it. That's my opinion anyway. ;)

Signature Image
{----------------------------------------------------------------{Antique.POP}

I think it is a good thing. They are showing respect for you, just like manners. Last night my sister's boyfriend walked me home because it was 1 in the morning, aI didn't want to stay at the house they were staying at, and I was afraid of a bear in our dumpster. I thought that was very kind especially since he was so tired. I don't like them treating me like I am weak but they are still thinking of me so that is good.

I like chivalry BUT to an extent...its nice to have from guys but...not have them taking all my stuff...opening doors fine. Taking all my bags, no. I can carry my bags..if they want to HELP carry they cna, but not everything.

I mean jeeze, im not delicate!

I thought only knights followed chivalry....which is like a european version of bushido...everyone knows what that is right?

yes... ne ways its always good to get the others side opnion i figure....
It sux when i aways guess wrong and pay the price ^^

candy-chan

Retired Moderator

candy-chan

I'm a strong and independant woman too :D ! XD
We arn't a weaker sex right? kekeke

Mitsu

Mitsu

-Lost Life-

....o man... I think the orther way around. "gets pounded on"
Well if there doing it... I wouldnt care a bit.. hey there doing it all for me, soo I wont have to do nothing. <(~_^)>/'' party pooper.lol. Well you should tell theme on what you think. Might change things a little.

Signature

//\\Z//\\ // >>//<< ```/___ (( -))

Quote by crazywhiteasian19I like chivalry BUT to an extent...its nice to have from guys but...not have them taking all my stuff...opening doors fine. Taking all my bags, no. I can carry my bags..if they want to HELP carry they cna, but not everything.
I mean jeeze, im not delicate!

i so totally agree with you here. it is nice once in awhile but dont over do it

Signature

MetalFire

MetalFire

where is my head

I do chivilrous things. but i mean it doesn't get me anywhere

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

well idk about the whole "weaker sex" thing, but i think that a little chivalry every now and then makes a girl feel special... ie: opening doors, giving your their coat when you're cold, etc... :)

Signature Image

faceofspades

faceofspades

Risk Your Life

I respect women, especially their differences. though i'm not sure if the things I do to convey that respect is chivalrous. It's like i'm intrigued more by the opposite sex than the same sex, yet I don't like it when girlz take that kindness for granted and think they can walk over u.

When my day comes, I want to be buried face down so whoever doesn't like me, can kiss my @$$

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Long live chivalry! Anyone who says otherwise can grin and bear it when I open the door for them. They are the one with a problem, not me.

I am invincible!

SamuraiHaruko

SamuraiHaruko

Butterfly

Quote by BorisGrishenkoLong live chivalry! Anyone who says otherwise can grin and bear it when I open the door for them. They are the one with a problem, not me.

lol

but that can be nice

Magically Delicious, yo.

rslgto

rslgto

Der Wille zur Macht

Shallow b***** don't appreciate chivalry, real ladies do.

"Condemn me, it does not matter. History will absolve me!" - Fidel Castro

~Run Kasumi Run!~

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 31 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.