Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Caucasians vs Colored People - Minitokyo

Caucasians vs Colored People

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

DancingBlades

DancingBlades

Seducing Swords

What is the real meaning of "Caucasian"? Why are people of America called Caucasian? Is it because of their light skin tone? But then, aren't some Asian's even lighter? And why is it that the African Amercians were labeled as "colored people" in the past? Aren't we all colored people?

Americans - White
Asians - Yellow
Europeans - White
Africans - Black
Latins - Brown

thats just how it is...we are humans and segregate to have some sort of order in life

Signature Image

Lakail

Jedi Master

So I'm caucasian. So where is Caucasia? And I finally decided that white is not a race! I check other on surveys now cause I don't fit in on them.

mmmm...well, i guess since theres a wide range of diff colors....they decided to group the same 'shades' tgt and i guess the paler ones with supposedly..blonde hair...blue/green eyes...brunetes...etc are all caucasions...just...easier than sayin lk..oh. tht pale white dude. yellow girl. white and somewhat red person...lol know what i mean? don't know if it really explains much..but i nvr thot about it until now x]

-teaego

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

Quote by DancingBladesWhat is the real meaning of "Caucasian"? Why are people of America
called Caucasian? Is it because of their light skin tone? But then,
aren't some Asian's even lighter? And why is it that the African
Amercians were labeled as "colored people" in the past? Aren't we all
colored people?

Well, what you said "Aren't we all colored people?" I think you're right, because white is a color. but I don't really know why other people are "colored people."

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

Caucasian:

Anthropology. Of or being a major human racial classification traditionally distinguished by physical characteristics such as very light to brown skin pigmentation and straight to wavy or curly hair, and including peoples indigenous to Europe, northern Africa, western Asia, and India. No longer in scientific use.

Not sure how it became associated with "white people".

Signature Image

Quote by SharinganKnightAmericans - White
Asians - Yellow
Europeans - White
Africans - Black
Latins - Brown

thats just how it is...we are humans and segregate to have some sort of order in life

I'm partially yellow/white >.<
I'm a half breed child....its kind of disgraceful. You dont see much of those out there. haha
I still feel that the whole label system is a little bizzare.
People are people regardless their skin tone.

What is inside is all that matters. The outside is just a shell of the true form within ^.^

Quote by toxictea23

Asians - Yellow
Europeans - White
Africans - Black
Latins - Brown

I'm partially yellow/white &gt;.&lt;
I'm a half breed child....its kind of disgraceful. You dont see much of those out there. haha
I still feel that the whole label system is a little bizzare.
People are people regardless their skin tone.

What is inside is all that matters. The outside is just a shell of the true form within ^.^

What's funny about that is that there can be differences on the inside between races too.

But that's not what you meant I'm sure.

Signature Image

Quote by SharinganKnightAmericans - WhiteAsians - YellowEuropeans - WhiteAfricans - BlackLatins - Brown

Americans are NOT classified as White. Americans do not have any specific skin color that is associated with them, unless your refering to Native Americans which are redish brown.

Anyway, Caucasians, who knows, I do know that there were caucasian people in Greek Mythology, they were kinda to the north and across some sea, so they would be somewhere in europe. Caucasian isn't understood very well but its essentially European and I think its properly as opposed to Anglo-Saxon even though they interchange a bit nowadays.

And the collored people thing was a racial discrimination method (not only used in America by the way) and its not used anymore because thats what it was. It was color as opposed to the light "white" skin

Teryon

Teryon

He who invents Ultratech

Quote by SharinganknightAmericans - White
Asians - Yellow
Europeans - White
Africans - Black
Latins - Brown

-Stop being so limited ;) I refuse to segregate along purely biological and largely irrelevant lines as mere race. Segregation is a natural data-sorting method, sure, assaigning things to categories and such, but one must be careful to use the proper data categories. Otherwise you get crap like the KKK and whatnot. Idiots; there`s a clan dragon in a nearby town, and Ive been tempted many a time to violate my oath to not kill people and go kill HIM, regardless of the larger karmic consequences of such an act.

"Brute force is not my way. My technology can devise infinitely more
successful, subtle, and unpleasant methods..."
Signature

Lakail

Jedi Master

I'm human and proud of it. I think splitting race apart is pretty dumb. It really doesn't help at all, just dengrates.

Quote by SharinganKnightAmericans - WhiteAsians - YellowEuropeans - WhiteAfricans - BlackLatins - Brown

SharinganKnight that's mean!

But basicly no you are not white if your an American. Being an American means your a citizen of America. And why some people like Asains are whiter then Caucasians is because of Gens.

Why African Americans where labled colored in the past was because basicly back in the day there where a lot of light toned people.

Come on use your brain it's comman sence.

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

Americans are not the only Caucasians. Caucasians are people with pale skin. Not albino, but you get what I mean. It's like people with yellow-brownish skin being Mongloids. It's just a term.

Brownie the Cat

In native culture there are four sacred colours, red, yellow, black and red. People of different races are also classified into those colours. Red, native people and any people who have brown skin, yellow - asians, black - africans and white - caucasians. This is just how all things are made up, like traditional medicines, seasons, life cycle, etc. All are realted to the medicine wheel, at least how I've been taught. I think it is only natural to classify races, just like classifying cliques in school. It's not mean, just a way to recognize our differences, whether they are good or bad.

ElectricPhantasm

ElectricPhantasm

Nice to meet you .!.. (>_<) ..!.

Caucasian is the "correct" term for addressing white people; however, the "correct" term for black people and asian people is less used because it can sound somewhat derogatory, here they are:
Black people - Negroid
Asian people - Mongoloid

geninlv1

geninlv1

untamed

I believe there is a term for this division of race: pseudospecies-something. But the thing to note is the word "pseudo", we make up these divisions that aren't really there.
Still, a lot of my friends use racist jokes to get along...

DancingBlades

DancingBlades

Seducing Swords

Nuh uh. Americans and Europeans aren't all white. If they ARE white, it means that their skin tone is the color of the white printing papers! And no, not all Asians are yellow. I'm perfectly light tan and I don't even go out in the sun. >-< African's aren't always black. I know one who's light brown...

Latin-American's are also NOT brown. My friend from sixth grade, Asia, she's Latin-American but she has the same skin tone as I do.

And last I checked on the maps, there is no such place as "Caucasia" or whatsoever. Caucasian is actually a breed of mixed Europeans... not everyone has curly yellow hair or blue eyes or light skin color. Still, why do we call "Caucasians" white when they're not?

Is this defined as labeling others for the sake of superiority?

wingsofsteel

wingsofsteel

Bloody Murderer

this is goinf to sound a little or maybe alot offensive but anyways, i think that Caucasian is just a term for white and who wants to be more asain but then later on it turned into a classification of white ppl. to answer the second question, i think that they were called "colored ppl" becasue they were darker than most ppl.

i don't agree with you that asains are yellow because they aren't. not even close. they are more of a light tannish color and its jsut wierd how ppl came up with the term that asains are yellow. and not all americans are white cause there are different types of americans. i also can't agree that caucasians or europeans or w/e are white because there aren't, in fact most are usally colored red here and there. some are also even tanned kinda dark.

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

Actually white is kind of misleading term. We actually look more of a pink or peach color. To be actually white you would be an albino.
The color in our skin is from a pigment called melon, and africans have more of it than caucasian. The term Anglo-Saxon is primarily an English term, it was the Saxsons that conquered the British Isle. And the term never went away, even after the battle of Hastings where the Saxson king was killed by an arrow to the eye and the Normans took over.

The facial features are the real question. Why do the asians eyes look narrower or even slanted from caucasian? Are you also aware that a native north american indian's heart is 10% larger than a caucasian? These are traits that stand out after generations of breeding asians with asians, but we are still the same speices. You know how you can breed german shepards with a chow and you'll still get a dog, but you can't breed a great dane with fox, even though they are both dogs. Genetically humans haven't been spearated genetically that far apart yet. And I hope they never are.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

Caucasian simply means of anglo-saxon decent. Generally known as White, but doesn't simply mean light toned skin. It has more to do with physical traits than the actual skin tone.

Black people were once called colored because dumb white kids in the south used to ask their parents, 'why they darker than us'n?' and they're folks said to them. 'well they's been colored that way'. And there you have it. They're 'colored'. Other terms that have been turned into racial slurs are words like N**ro, which is actual the spanish word for black, and the slang term of that, N***er, which is just rude, although now commonly used by some 'african-americans' to describe their own race.

One thing I can't understand is why we want to tack on 'african' to their race. Not all dark skinned people originated from africa (Aborigines, for example) and why the hell would you want to refer to yourself as having nationality from the area that sold your ancestors as slaves? (That's right all you products of improper education. White folk didn't go scouring the jungle for slaves, tribe leaders Sold their own people to americans and europeans as slaves...)

Anyways, Black, White, Green... We're all red on the inside... >>;

The word Caucasian is a derivative of the Caucaus mountains in Southeastern Russia. At least.. Southeastern USSR. Not too sure if that part broke away or not. Anyways, it is around that area that the Caucasian race started it's deliniation from whatever the norm was at the time. The fairer skin probably evolved because not as much sunlight was reaching the peoples in the northern, more mountainous regions.

joycev

joycev

the PS3 with boobs & personality

Asians - Yellow
Europeans - White
Africans - Black
Latins - Brown

Hey you forgot one!!

Native Americans - Red

Signature Image

just do what i do, call yourself american.
i only call myself a mexican or mexican american when i'm joking around with my friends. why are we called latino's. some of us cann't speak english let alone latin. classification in today's world is pointless. soon we will all be one global race and the aliens will come and freak us out as on.....then we'll turn them into tacos. hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm tacos. (i don't even like tacos.)

^ Definitely agree. If you were born in Britain, you are British. If you are born in Mexico, you are Mexican, if you are born in America, you are American. You could have Mexican/British/American ancestry, but you are still a citizen of <country> and are therefore American/Mexican/British/etc. The only people who can call themselves blank-Americans are the people who were actually born over there and migrated to America. I don't care that 100 years ago your family came here from Asia. You aren't Asian-American, you are just plain American.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 26 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.