Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is romance dead? - Minitokyo

Is romance dead?

page 1 of 1 12 total items

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

We were having a class discussion today about love in the "old days", and we argued about if romance exists nowadays.
I think romance is dead in our time. It has been corrupted so much by the media, there isn't any romance in the world any more. Long time ago, romance exists in many different places because they are all original and cultural. But the media has taken away all that.

Signature

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Quote by RainOfStarsI think romance is dead in our time. It has been corrupted so much by
the media, there isn't any romance in the world any more. Long time ago, romance exists in many different places because they are all original and cultural. But the media has taken away all that.

i agree for the most part... i don't think romance is completely dead, but i DO think that it's a dying art... everything is just "i love you"... there really isn't as much meaning behind those words as there used to be. i also agree that the media is partly to blame.

Signature Image

angelrhea

angelrhea

<"Little Hime">

oh i think romance is not completely dead just like ms fireflywishes said. but then again, on the second thought romance is just easy to give in and to give away without realizing the real meaning of love. love is such a deep word combined with deep emotions but then, people nowadays didnt care to notice or to attach it. they can just simply throw that word away. how sad. but then again there is always hope, there are still people who thinks that romance isnt dead just like me.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

I must agree and disagree. Romance as we know in the past is dead. Our day is a world of consumption. You get yourself a girl/boy friend, and when you got what you wanted, trow it away. (For those who take it seriously, This is not a general quote.)

I, myself, is kinda romantic, in a way. When My old girlfriend was comming from school, I prepared a little candle light diner, with masage and all the stuff to relax and show her how I loved her. I also hided some lovenotice within her cloth or in the fridge.

you know, romance is not really death, she have just evolved and some don't even know how to use her...

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Quote by EctorussI must agree and disagree. Romance as we know in the past is dead. Our
day is a world of consumption. You get yourself a girl/boy friend, and
when you got what you wanted, trow it away. (For those who take it
seriously, This is not a general quote.)
I, myself, is kinda romantic, in a way. When My old girlfriend was
comming from school, I prepared a little candle light diner, with
masage and all the stuff to relax and show her how I loved her. I also
hided some lovenotice within her cloth or in the fridge.
you know, romance is not really death, she have just evolved and some
don't even know how to use her...

ah, one of the few romantics left! most guys i know i have to teach how to massage! :hmpf:

Signature Image

gountessg

Dark Angel

YOu really have to look at it from different angles. Practically, yes, or it dies fast, but it will for ever live in eternal books, the romanitic novels.and I love them. each person must look at it with their own eyes. if you love, romance is alive for you.

what is your purpose in life?

Ya but one other thing that lose the society, is that the girl don't really know how to find romantic guy.

(what I will say is my though. Don't know for you, but for me it is)
I'll explain. For the last 6 years, I am alone XO sniff sniff. The matter is that most of the attrative girls got for the first boyfriend, the tipical Bump boy of the highschool. Those dude gived a bad experienca for the girl. So for the time after the broken time, they (girls) don't want to repeate this experience a step next our feeling without even noticing us. ( when I say our and us, I am talking about me and my friends.)

We are not the real Kawaii type of boy, but we are in the range. For myself, I got some skill that should make a girl proud to be my loved one. I can cook meal, I do lundry, I can repair cloth (don't remember the word) ..... anyway know what I mean.

NOw adays people go around just wanting this and that from others, you hardly see a great ahppy couple in love, you always see them fighting, going with different people everyother day, To me it is actaully sick, I wish it was more like it used to be, where people care and love there mate,
Well who knows what the world beings in a few years later from now.

soulas

The Crappah.

teh media may destroy romance as i know for all i care. but all i know is romance never does get corrupted. its teh people who think of it. if a person thinks that romance as tv puts it is correct, its his thoughts. but that doesnt mean he is not a good lover. same goes to a person who knows romance as it is but thinks it is superficial. he probably would e a very bad lover. just love as you know and want to.

~j

did i just got thrown back in time by 2000 years?

AnimeHero

AnimeHero

The Man of Few Words!

Quote by RainOfStarsWe were having a class discussion today about love in the "old days", and we argued about if romance exists nowadays.
I think romance is dead in our time. It has been corrupted so much by the media, there isn't any romance in the world any more. Long time ago, romance exists in many different places because they are all original and cultural. But the media has taken away all that.

I completely agree but oh well like any romance was coming my way anyways!

I'm BACK!
NEW USERPAGE COMING SOON!

Signature

Vinitachi

Vinitachi

Azndude

Quote by EctorussI must agree and disagree. Romance as we know in the past is dead. Our
day is a world of consumption. You get yourself a girl/boy friend, and
when you got what you wanted, trow it away. (For those who take it
seriously, This is not a general quote.)
I, myself, is kinda romantic, in a way. When My old girlfriend was
comming from school, I prepared a little candle light diner, with
masage and all the stuff to relax and show her how I loved her. I also
hided some lovenotice within her cloth or in the fridge.
you know, romance is not really death, she have just evolved and some
don't even know how to use her...

Nicely said.
Right now I just seeing romance like a lone firefly in the night sky. Glowing here and there but nothing compare to when it was in the old days.

Learning little by little.
Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Even though romance is dead on our time, I'll still say no because romance is immortal...

Besides, there are some Mt'ers who experience romance here, hehehe!!!

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.