Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anime Expo 2004 in CA - Minitokyo

Anime Expo 2004 in CA

page 1 of 1 20 total items

tokicho

tokicho

i shall snatch ur candy!

i was just woundering if anyone went to anime expo 2004 in Anahiem, i went yesterday/ 4th of july, it was fun ^.^ and it was my first anime convention so im even more happy...
ne way, did anyone go? and if so, did you like it ^.^

jump up and down and scream like a monkey!
midi itty bitty adventure, midi itty midi adventure, ya!

sammo

Retired Moderator

sammo

Retired Moderator

gahh...i wish i lived in CA, i would love to go to those conventions T_T

Yea.. if I lived close to anyplace that did anime conventions, I would love to...

Signature

Nuriko

Retired Moderator

Nuriko

Hentai Slayer

I live in San Diego, but I didn't go because I heard how much it sucked on the first day. I mean, Under17 didn't even show XO

Signature Image
Congrats to Crash-kun :: sarak :: Evanrued for winning the Nuriko Prize!

Sir-Boingal0t

Sir-Boingal0t

BOINGATR0N

i had a friend who went there .....without me

i killed him

Signature Image
DigiTalBoing XD boingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingo
ingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoingoing

tokicho

tokicho

i shall snatch ur candy!

Quote by Sir_Boingal0ti had a friend who went there .....without me i killed him

lmao, i pratically had to drag my dad to take me and stay for the whole day Oo,

i live in nor cal and was planningon goin but just didnt work out.

Sephiroth

Sephiroth

Chopper City

i was gonna go, but then it just didn't happen

*cries*

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

PANDAgirl

PANDAgirl

LURK.er

I went on Saturday!! ^_^ Yoko Ishida was cool!!!! XD There were so many crappy cosplayers. I'm going to be a crappy cosplayer next year :D .

raging_otter

Not In

Quote by sammogahh...i wish i lived in CA, i would love to go to those conventions T_T

yeah darn those conventions ... why are they so far away from where i am living now... :(

damn, if only i lived in CA

tokicho

tokicho

i shall snatch ur candy!

Quote by PANDAgirlI went on Saturday!! ^_^ Yoko Ishida was cool!!!! XD There were so many crappy cosplayers. I'm going to be a crappy cosplayer next year :D .

lol, i wanna be a cosplayer sumday- ill propably not be good at it but ima try sumday Oo

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

I went. It was awesome.
But only because I crew for Karaoke and they're a highly amusing department to work in. Plus, if I work I don't have to pay, and as I didn't attend any events, paying for it would be a very big rip-off.
Quick rundown of what I did:
Friday: Arrived at 12 am. Oops. I guess that's really Saturday.
Saturday: Got my badge. Went to dealer's room for a little while, too crowded, didn't find anything (not that I was really looking for anything aside from Kino no Tabi pencilboards, and I didn't want to shift through 10957357 shitajiki just to find one) and went to Karaoke for my shifts. Hung around for the semifinals/finals of the karaoke contest, although I ended up having to guard the Karaoke "Green Room" so I didn't get to see all of them. I DID see Shadowflight's (the group who won 1st in the group category) and they were very impressive. Got Curry House (CurryFest = cheap food :D) for dinner. Went to the impromptu FuKu panel (as I'm technically a staffer) in which we took over the Karaoke Green Room (as 90% of Karaoke staff was FuKu) and talked to people and harassed people into coming into the room and talking with us by yelling "fuku" at the top of our lungs when we saw someone pass by.
Sunday: Went to the Matsuri but nothing was set up. Went and did my shifts for karaoke, then went to dinner with some other friends. Came back for my second shift, then hung out with another group of friends.
Monday: Went to Book Off as I realized all the best deals would not be in the dealer's room. I was right, I got the Whispers of the Heart soundtrack for $3 (heart!) Went and helped clean up the karaoke room, went to Little Tokyo for another Curry House run and picked up Agatsuma's newest CD from Kinokuniya (another heart!). Hung out some more and then went home.
So, um, there was a con outside of karaoke?

bahhhhhh i missed it!.........stupid school.....stupid work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

remeber the force will be with you. always

tokicho

tokicho

i shall snatch ur candy!

WOW tama-neko!
sounds kinda borin yet fun Oo...
i only went sunday tho T.T
saturday i had to be in an early 4th july parade-
i was with the belly dancers WHOOT!
yay ima belly dancer- not as good as sum of the other ppl in it tho T.T

misl3d

.:: 4ever a Dre@mer.. ::..

Lucky bastard......^-^= (Don't take this too serious, isn't to offend you)

Signature
	Image http://ang3ll.deviantart.com

........................... I will get my revenge. Sooner or later...And i can wait for years...................

DeviousOni

DeviousOni

[D E V i O U S]

I went on July 3rd. I meant to go the first day, but didn't work out. But I guess it didn't matter cuz I heard the first day kinda sucked. Anyway, walked away with lots of anime and manga and I even met Spike's VA and got him to sign my Wolf's Rain poster! Even cooler was meeting the VA of Julia (again, from Cowboy Bebop) who also happens to be the singer of the Silent Hill 3 theme song, "You're Not Here". That was awesome! It was my 3rd time going to AX since first going to AX (and my first con) 3 years ago. Very cool indeed. :D

Quote by PANDAgirlI went on Saturday!! ^_^ Yoko Ishida was cool!!!! XD There were so many crappy cosplayers. I'm going to be a crappy cosplayer next year :D .

There were a lot of cheap looking Naruto cosplay going on >.> But there were some good ones though. You can check out the AX2k4 cosplay at www.fansview.com :)

Compared to the last few years, it seems that companies were barely giving away free stuff, but instead they were focusing on low DVD prices. I remem two years ago i came home with a grip of posters from companies like ADV. This year there were small things given away for free, but the DVD prices were pretty cheap at some places. My friind got the Read or Dream TV series (R.o.D.) boxset signed by the creator, director, and character designer! damn him. They were also showing stuff thats not out publicy like a few eps of Full Metal Alchemist (dubbed), Ikkitousen, etc.

The best advice i can give is if u want to go next year, get presale asap. Its so much cheaper for a full pass compared to paying for one at the last moment. You can save almost 10-20 bucks!

h2dz

h2dz

h2UNDERGROUNdz

yeah!!! i live in CA, but didnt go T_T ... instead of goin to Anaheim, i went to San Diego :(

giving it all away...

DeviousOni

DeviousOni

[D E V i O U S]

Quote by h2dzyeah!!! i live in CA, but didnt go T_T ... instead of goin to Anaheim, i went to San Diego :(

well you could always try for ComicCon in San Diego. May not be AX, but at least you could get some good anime for a good price.

Quote by carpetflyerCompared to the last few years, it seems that companies were barely giving away free stuff, but instead they were focusing on low DVD prices. I remem two years ago i came home with a grip of posters from companies like ADV. This year there were small things given away for free, but the DVD prices were pretty cheap at some places. My friind got the Read or Dream TV series (R.o.D.) boxset signed by the creator, director, and character designer! damn him. They were also showing stuff thats not out publicy like a few eps of Full Metal Alchemist (dubbed), Ikkitousen, etc.
The best advice i can give is if u want to go next year, get presale asap. Its so much cheaper for a full pass compared to paying for one at the last moment. You can save almost 10-20 bucks!

Seriously! More free stuff before this year. What happened?? But some things were still cool--like meeting the creator of RO. I wish I had won one of the cool posters they had. ;_;

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.