Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Games Changing Platforms - Minitokyo

Games Changing Platforms

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Just saw a magazine with a (sexy) new Tomb Raider on the front. Only this time, Lara's on the X Box.

We all know Tomb Raider was originally on just the Playstation and PC, but now fans of the franchise will have to invest in another system they might not have.

What do you think about companies selling out and switching platforms for their exclusive rights? Would this affect the fanbase?

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

its not like it hasnt happened before. Final Fantasy did it too.

I am invincible!

ZeroFear

ZeroFear

That guy...

I'm frustrated that I won't be able to get my lara fix for a while but I think a FEW GOOD games have exclusive rights with other systems makes good business sense.

i doubt that it will be a problem. if they want to play the game they will just have to get the other system. there are a few people who have most of the systems out there anyway.

Signature

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

But what about when the marketing gets so underhanded it affects the other systems directly. X Box 360 comes out. Now why do people own an X Box? Halo.

Halo 3's release date will coincide with PS3's release date. That's gonna hurt sales. People wondering what system to buy that day may lean to the X Box with the sure-to-be-good Halo 3, while the brand new PS may not have such great launch titles.

Now one of PS's classics has crossed over also.

Final Fantasy is at least still on it's original system. They expanded, not abandoned. And that was a smart move for them. But to just ditch one for the other? O_o

RurouniSpritz

RurouniSpritz

Misutard.

I think that every company should just sell out to Sony.
XD
No, um...

Of course it would affect the fanbase - all the people loyal to the original system now cannot get the game x.x. On the other hand, people on the new system can, and if it were more popular, this game has a better chance of getting a better fan base.

Quote by Shkira Final Fantasy is at least still on it's original system.

:x
The main Final Fantasy series still lives with Sony though. (And the PC...kinda)

Signature Image
:3

That's a tough question. Only few fans have money to throw away to buy multiple new console systems and yet you don't want to commit your hard-earned money on a system that may become a flop. I bought Sega Saturn years ago because I wanted to play Sakura Taisen game and I bought Dreamcast to continue playing Sakura Taisen 3 and 4. But Sega decided to pull out of console system so I'm stuck with orphan.

And resident evil its not longer exclusive from nintendo

happianime

happianime

May all your dreams come true!

That's really expensive buying both a PS3 and an Xbox for the games. I think the people just want to have more money. >.< Greedy people.

Always approach with a smile!

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

I miss Sega too, mughi.... :(

Quote by happianimeThat's really expensive buying both a PS3 and an Xbox for the games. I think the people just want to have more money. &gt;.&lt; Greedy people.

The whole thing's a competition. Who's going to have the more popular system? And some will survive, some will drop out, depending on who gets more money.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.