Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 I need help, got an IE virus - Minitokyo

I need help, got an IE virus

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

chibikko

chibikko

chibigaki

I'm really desperate. Everytime I open a new browser window, this site appears and a random pop-up as well. As you can see I can't change it to 'about:blank' because it already is ''blank''. I had this virus once but I don't remember how I removed it. I know that Firefox is much saver but I just can't use Firefox when I still know that I have a virus on my PC.
Well what I tried was that I looked up in the folder 'Windows', 'Program files' etc. My 'Temporary internet files' as well, but I just can't find it.
I'm very glad if anyone could help me, I'm truly thankful for every reply.

Have you tried removing the bug with an antivirus program and/or spyware remover?

Tatsuya

Tatsuya

.: Lonely Chicky:.

i guess this is a spyware/adware, try use anti-spyware this programs, may be it can solve it.
(please forgive me if i wrong ^^')

Signature

ps : excuse my poor english

chibikko

chibikko

chibigaki

I actually have an anti-virus program but it's pretty old.
Tatsuya, which program shall I use? I don't know these anti-spywares >>

Deen

Deen

|| Le croyant ||

I guess that is spayware or adware... sometime hijacker install the program which contain Pop UP and advertising.
My advice is you try use anti spy program.. you can use yahoo toolbar that contain free anti spyware, if your computer "virus" has been removed from your computer, you can uninstall yahoo toolbar if you want.

Signature Image

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

in the future, do use firefox, mozilla or opera

RurouniSpritz

RurouniSpritz

Misutard.

Try Adaware, which supposedly scans and removes some viruses and stuff.
If not, try http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/ or whatever that site is called...it helped me remove one of my parasites, anyway.

:x

If not...just reformat. XD

[edit] How do you put in urls? Isn't it <url=www.etc> and then </url>, but with square brackets? It didn't work when I tried...

Signature Image
:3

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

its a spyware problem. tying using Spybot S&D. this program will get rid of any spyware/adware in your computer.
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

in any case, use Firefox from now on. ^_^

Tatsuya

Tatsuya

Quote by chibikkoI actually have an anti-virus program but it's pretty old.
Tatsuya, which program shall I use? I don't know these anti-spywares &gt;&gt;

Spyware Doctor which i'm currentlly using now, it is freeware! hope ya helpful! or you can try the ppl giving the link

Signature

chibikko

chibikko

chibigaki

@Deen
yahoo disappears and the virus site appears again >>
@RurouniSpritz
Didn't work ;_;
@exentric
It found over 200 problems but the IE spyware couldn't be found >> thank you anyways, at least the other viruses were deleted ^^

[Edit] I didn't see your post, Tatsuya xD sorry. Well I can't install it. It says 'This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it.' I reinstalled it and again error. So I can't install it when having a virus? That's bad XD

zh4rx0

~~ p A r 4 n 0 i a ~~

Hi chibikko ^^
i have experienced something similar like that. It happend to be more than just a adware/ spyware problem but a trojan virus or a worm (cant remember which exactly ^_^' ).

I recommend using a standalone antivirus called STINGER u can download it for free at http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger and more tools at http://vil.nai.com/vil/averttools.asp .

Other software i used are THE CLEANER which only 30 days trial but it works. Available at www.moosoft.com . I hope this will help you with the problem. Wish u GoodLuck ;) :) .

::: A part of member circle :::
-- O# JapaneseLover #O -- -- O# Japanese #O -- --O# NegaraKu #O --

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

@chibikko
try this. open spybot in advanced mode. if you dont know how, just open em, under Mode>Advanced Mode. there will be more toolbar on the left side. go to tools> IE tweaks. check the middle one. the other 2 is up to you. this might work but cant say for sure since I havent use in IE a while so cant say how effective it is @_@

asta

asta

I'll wait Forever...

You got it too? I have one too! and it's stilll there! T.T but i ignored it but i dont think i did the right thing... Yahoo anti spyware didnt work on mine and then stuff are appearing on my faves like free sex etc... ewww idont even go to those sites! and i also dont know how to remove it T.T

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Tatsuya

Tatsuya

Quote by chibikkoI didn't see your post, Tatsuya xD sorry. Well I can't install it. It says 'This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it.' I reinstalled it and again error. So I can't install it when having a virus? That's bad

i'm sorry about it, or you try this http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/14013/ < how to manually remove spyware, submit by celessa-san :x

Signature

ooh...I think I got the same problem xD I tried every spyware/adware remover, and I found the file....I tried to delete it...but It will come back after seconds.....I just leave the IE with that virus and keep browsing with firefox xD....if you found the answer, I'll be glad to hear something from you xP

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

First, stop using Internet Explorer and begin to use Firefox. Secondly, make sure that Spybot, Ad-aware, and SpywareBlaster, which is a program that prevents spyware and other viruses from entering your system by blocking the spyware-defined websites, are installed (all three can be found on the internet and are free to download). After that, make sure that you have a firewall installed, and update your virus definitions with the three prorams as often as possible so the more recently defined viruses can be searched on the system and, if there are any on the system, removed quickly. After you think your system is stable from using these 4 programs, then you could remove the three spyware programs and only use the firewall afterwards as the websites which were detected for downloading spyware will still be stored as restricted websites in your Internet Options, and the firewall, which filters traffic, will aid in stopping spyware attacks.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

i got that once...and i had to reformat the whole thing because my computer just failed :(
so, my advice is to use firefox, and try antispyware programs that had been mentioned by others.

white-zero

white-zero

Left this part of the universe.

Hmm...seems that all anti-spyware aren't good enough to remove it. Do you know the name of that spyware program? If you do, try google it out. Maybe you'll find a tool that specifically to remove that program.

If it's a CoolWebSearh variant, you might wanna try CWShredder;

http://www.intermute.com/spysubtract/cwshredder_download.html

tian82

tian82

-Lovely-

Quote by royaldarknessi got that once...and i had to reformat the whole thing because my computer just failed :(
so, my advice is to use firefox, and try antispyware programs that had been mentioned by others.

Yup, I agree too, I mean reformat the pc is more safer. I got this too before but I reformat it because it is more safer or maybe you can try this anti-spyware from microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
I am using this and Yahoo antispyware. Hope this can help.

-Sweet Cotton Candy-
Signature

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

If the coolweb shredder doesn't work, google for a program called hijackthis. It can reset IE defaults over spyware a lot of the time, but you have to becareful because it can also change a lot of settings so I'd just use it to reset the defaults unless you are sure about what you want to change.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

Quote by KuzainIf the coolweb shredder doesn't work, google for a program called hijackthis. It can reset IE defaults over spyware a lot of the time, but you have to becareful because it can also change a lot of settings so I'd just use it to reset the defaults unless you are sure about what you want to change.

Yeah, get HijackThis, it's a very useful application. Also run AdAware + Spybot Search & Destroy. Also try to do a System Restore to a previous date, sometimes that helps too. Good luck with it, I know how annyoing spyware is.

Be Free and Masturbate

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Quote by dutchforceAlso try to do a System Restore to a previous date, sometimes that helps too. Good luck with it, I know how annyoing spyware is.

This is something you do not want to do. When you use system restore, when creating the back-up, a snapshot of the system is taken. Thus, the viruses may still be remembered. Restoring the system to an earlier time does not guarantee the removal of the viruses. Furthermore, if all of the above fails (everything that each member said), you may restore your computer to factory default.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Alex204

Seeking Rakuen

Quote by exentricits a spyware problem. tying using Spybot S&amp;D. this program will get rid of any spyware/adware in your computer.
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

Exactly what i was going to suggest; this program can work wonders! just make sure you let it up-date its self first.

Signature
"Rules are there to make you think before you break them."

Quote by melmachine18

Quote by dutchforceAlso try to do a System Restore to a previous date, sometimes that helps too. Good luck with it, I know how annyoing spyware is.

This is something you do not want to do. When you use system restore, when creating the back-up, a snapshot of the system is taken. Thus, the viruses may still be remembered. Restoring the system to an earlier time does not guarantee the removal of the viruses. Furthermore, if all of the above fails (everything that each member said), you may restore your computer to factory default.

It does not remove viruses, but it sometimes does get rid of spyware/adware. I tried it a couple of times with success. Since it restores the system's configuration to a previous state, in some cases spyware gets undone. It won't get rid of files that are already infected. There doesn't seem to be a virus involved in this case though, so I'd say give it a shot.

Be Free and Masturbate

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.