Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Who reads the most? - Minitokyo

Who reads the most?

page 1 of 1 14 total items

I was wondering what do guys and girls think: Are there more girls who read books, or are there more boys? and what do you think about people who read books and people who dont? and if you read, whats your favorite book? personally, I think its harder to find guys who like to read books, because in my life, I havent met many. and I think reading is good, that people get wiser by reading books. I like to read books! my favorite ones are the chicken soup and Harry Potter collections!There great!

DakX

DakX

Inactivity strikes again

Hmm i am one of few guy's who read for fun and enjoy it as well. I read more then girls. I also read faster. Its not really funny wen you get teased becuz you read books and you like it. But hey its my choise.

Please excuse but my english isn't very wel but I am still learning.

personally i find that girls tend to read more then guys, espeically when they're younger. Girls mature faster and are more likely to be interested in reading then little boys are. but i guess it can go both ways because a lot of my friends hate reading and some just laugh at me cause i like to read...a lot. o well im fine with it cause i have other friends that like to read too so its all good

Scarlet

Scarlet

Wouldn't you wanna know?

To my knowledge, unfortunately, there are statistically more girls reading than guys. Which kind of sucks, if you ask me.

But it doesn't mean guys don't read. Most of my friends do, boys and girls (but, then again... friends usually do have things in common with you^^).

For my part, I really read a lot. I swallow book after book. Fantasy, historical novels, biographies, shool textbooks... Everything I find interesting. Oh, and of course mangas. *smile* I started reading in a very young age and still do. For me, it's the best way to learn, to relax, to discover...

Right now, I'm reading "A Game of Thrones", a fantasy novel by George R. R. Martin. What I like most about it, is that there's not too much magic and the Medieval period described is not that of glittering fairytales and noble knights and fair ladies. It's the cold brutal reality of human nature and intrigues and murders and such. I like this kind of stories.

And, of course, like so many people, I can't wait for "The Half-Blood Prince" to come out! ^^

bubbles123

bubbles123

hmmm.off daydreaming

i love to read book in my spare time. i like any typr of book.

never say never,ur day will come,for ur love to arrive.
don't lose hope, every moment count
even if it sad or happiness, everything is a part of u.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

As for who reads more boys or girls it is hard to say.
Nowadays there are actually few people in this day and age who truely love to read. As for myself I love too read. I especially love the Harry Potter books and can't wait for the next book to be realeased.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by CleonickI was wondering what do guys and girls think: Are there more girls who
read books, or are there more boys?

Evidently, it's not a question of gender, but rather which individual like to read that is most dependent on this question over here.

As such, I know many of my friends who never like to read anything at all, though reading is a must if you want to excel well here in university. Of course, the atmosphere also completely changes the situation as well. I go to Chapters down by the mall from time to time. Chapters by the way - is a gigantic bookstore here in Canada, and yes, I met across friends there who love to read from time to time. Whether it would exist in the lines of ancient history, to the treasury tales of Harry Potter, there's bound to be many readers out there, regardless of if they are a boy or a girl. So no - I can't really give an answer to your question here, statistically enough. I don't believe that gender should be a case in any direction, over here.

Quote by Cleonickand what do you think about people
who read books and people who dont?

People who read tend to be more of the intellectual of the norm. People who don't tend to be more of the party hats of the norm. That's just from my perspective.

Quote by Cleonickand if you read, whats your
favorite book?

Four Feathers, based on the movie of Four Feathers. I wish I had the author's name, but funnily enough, it's been ages since I read the book. I can't recall, so pardon my answer over here.

Quote by Cleonickpersonally, I think its harder to find guys who like to
read books, because in my life, I havent met many. and I think reading
is good, that people get wiser by reading books. I like to read books!
my favorite ones are the chicken soup and Harry Potter
collections!There great!

Hehe! I knew you'd like Harry Potter's colletion as well. Me? I'm not too interested in that sort of stuff - but Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul - it's a must, and I readily enjoy reading this sort of stuff and explaining it with my company. Besides, it helped me begin to understand the way our society works, in relations to nature, of course. I recommend people to read this book.

And yes, it's hard to find people who like to read at a regularly constant pace. You just have to be in all the right places, of course. That's what I like about Chapters - it has Starbucks inside as well, and we can all sit around the table, sipping our smooth sweet Strawberry Frappuchino and reading from time to time. Gah - I also play card games there as well. I'm a mad MTG player, I tell you. lol - And a good Crazy 8's player as well. **Mumbles** Lucky me. lol

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

From my personal experience, girls read more than boys, but that's just from my experiences. The percentage of girls and guys that read it probably about the same.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

from my experiance it seems that girls like to read more than guys. i LOVE to read...

Quote by DakX I also read faster. Its not really funny wen you get teased becuz you read books and you like it. But hey its my choise.

i know what you mean. i read fast too... it's annoying when people make a big deal that you can read a long book in one day... currently my favorite book is The Samurai's Garden by Gail Tsukiyama... it's a beautiful story and i'd highly recommend it!

Signature Image

CLAMPchic

CLAMPchic

I'm just me

Quote by CleonickI was wondering what do guys and girls think: Are there more girls who
read books, or are there more boys?

From what I've seen, there are more girls who read than guys. The guys I know/have met are more interested in video games, movies, tv, or hands-on stuff like sports or cars or that kind of thing. Not saying there's anything wrong with that or anything; but of course, there are those girls who are more interested in clothes, make up, girly magazines, and guys than reading, so it can go either way. *shrugs* I just know more girls than guys who read for fun.

Quote by Cleonickand what do you think about people who read books and people who dont?

I feel kind of sorry for those who don't read, because they miss out on so much!

Quote by Cleonickand if you read, whats your favorite book?

This is a really hard question...I have so many books that I like! I'll just list some of them, if you don't mind: the Bible, any book by Tamora Pierce, Ted Dekker, or Frank Peretti (all 3 really good authors), Pride and Prejudice, The Scarlet Pimpernel, The Oath, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, the Mark of the Lion trilogy, Wings of Dawn, Hawksong, Snakecharm, Shakespeare's plays

Quote by Cleonickpersonally, I think its harder to find guys who like to read books, because in my life, I havent met many. and I think reading is good, that people get wiser by reading books. I like to read books! my favorite ones are the chicken soup and Harry Potter collections!There great!

The Chicken Soup for the Soul books are pretty good...and Haryy Potter is well written, though not one of my favorites (I prefer LotR or Tamora Pierce's books)

Quote by fireflywishes

Quote by DakX I also read faster. Its not really funny wen you get teased becuz you read books and you like it. But hey its my choise.

i know what you mean. i read fast too... it's annoying when people make a big deal that you can read a long book in one day...

Same here; last weekend was State for track and field, and while I was there, in three days I read three Tamora Pierce books, each of them over 400 pages. I shocked everyone by doing that...but I never really knew how unnormal that is...that's just how I read *shrugs* It's not a big deal to me anymore, but it's weird to other people, I guess. Then again...I love to read, so that's why, I guess.

Signature
"If you always do what you've always done, you'll always be what you've always been." ~ Anonymous

PwnOXz0r

PwnOXz0r

The One

I'm a guy... I can read around 2-3 books a week. Around 400 pages. Maybe more books.

Join us. There is no option but Green.
Be bold, think Green www.limerockcafe.net

Limerockcafe.net

metalhead

metalhead

chinese ink martial artist

HMM i think girls read the most.And I read fast but while am reading i get distracted by everything so stop the reading ,,bah .

merged: 12-04-2006 ~ 03:56pm
people who dont read are just stupid .thats all.they are ignorant people.

merged: 12-04-2006 ~ 03:57pm
my favourite is farenheit 451.really cool one.yipi

The world is a pizza pie...Yeah!

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

I agree that statistically girls would read more than boys. Most of my friends though are avid readers in both sexes. Our interests also merge sometimes.

I myself like historical books (faction: fiction+facts), in particular anything from the Classical Greek, Roman and Mesopotamian world. Fav authers include Steven Pressfield (Classical Greek), Valerio Massimo Manfredi (Roman and Greek), Simon Scarrow (Roman army) and Lindsy Davis (Roman context whodunnits). Then I hover around the fantasy genre, but I do have the complete Discworld series from Terry Pratchett. Currently reading an el thicko Steven Erickson a friend had passed on.

But I do try to read more often than not.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

gilesaquil

gilesaquil

honora medicum

Hm...I'd also think females read more than males, but that's putting it a little arbitrarily...it depends on the personality of the individual; I know a few bookworms who are guys.
I myself am obsessed with reading! (almost to the point that my room kinda looks like a small bookstore ^^). Fantasy novels (Robert Jordan, Jean Auel, Anne McCaffrey, etc) and classics (especially Arthur Conan Doyle's and Charles Dickens' works) are the best! ^^
Plus, being in PT/medical school, we're forced to really read more than several five-inch thick textbooks. Does that count?

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.