Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Certain userpages just don't work... - Minitokyo

Certain userpages just don't work...

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Ritalin

Ritalin

Rawrz.

...in Firefox or Opera.

Did a search, nothing came up with someone reporting this.

Any username that has a hyphen (-) at the beginning or end of a username doesn't allow Firefox users to view their page. It's a browser thing, I know. But is it possible to dissallow people to register with a hyphen at the beginning or end of their name from now on?

I would like to visit their userpages for comments and all that good stuff, but it simply isn't possible. I don't use Windows or Mac so I can't jump on IE for this. I tried in Konqueror, Opera, and Firefox with no success from any...

*Extreme suggestion* Rename users with the hyphens? XD

Example, I wanted to see this userpage because it was featured in Express: http://evolution-.minitokyo.net/ Can't though. Stupid hyphen.

Any way other than what I suggested we can get around this? :/

Caffeinated Dreams
outrageously caffeinated weblog.

IRC--express--Twilight Whispers-

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Wow, I had no idea. - I guess I don't know anyone with tildes in their names.

akari-chan

akari-chan

59 luv XD

I don't know what you're talking about, but it works perfectly fine for me. I am using firefox.

Signature
*~Latest Submissions~*:
{Relaxation}{Melancholic Yuki}{Basil}{Potemayo}

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

Oddly, I can view evolution-'s userpage just fine, using Firefox 1.0.4 on Windows xp Pro.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by akari-chanI don't know what you're talking about, but it works perfectly fine for me. I am using firefox.

Same. Perhaps it has something to do with your computer, because I can see it perfectly as fine as well.

And no - don't you dare remove the hyphens within the names, because I know a few members who do have hyphens within their names and they wouldn't really like the change, so asking for such a demand comes at an extremely high price, nonetheless, especially when the name is already taken. [Actually, who'd put a hyphen at the end of their names? O_o]

Edit: Nope, there's nothing wrong with the hyphens at the end, oddly enough, and I'm browsing on a Mac with Firefox at work over here.

How strange indeed.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Ritalin

Ritalin

Rawrz.

Well, I tried on my Windows computer and the same thing happens. This also happens on deviantART, where a lot of people mention it and admins just tell them it's a browser thing. So I know it's not just me.

It has never worked for me, on any browser (except IE, never tried on Safari though), on any computer. Which is strange then because others are. Very odd.

Caffeinated Dreams

breadcrust

breadcrust

glowing city lights

running Firefox 1.0.4 on Linux, i try to go to evolution's page, says the server was not found (DNS issues?). i assume this isnt the same problem as you are getting?
i really dont see why you would want a hyphen at the start or end of a username, its stupid.
it might not work on anything other than IE because of something agaisnt some standard, that microsoft decided to break?

Ritalin

Ritalin

Rawrz.

Quote by breadcrustrunning Firefox 1.0.4 on Linux, i try to go to evolution's page, says
the server was not found (DNS issues?). i assume this isnt the same
problem as you are getting?
i really dont see why you would want a hyphen at the start or end of a
username, its stupid.
it might not work on anything other than IE because of something
agaisnt some standard, that microsoft decided to break?

That's the same problem, I'm running (right now) Firefox 0.9.3 on FreeBSD, and on 1.0.x it gave me the same error. Wouldn't give me a 404, just a pop-up saying "evolution-.minitokyo.net was not found on this server" or something along those lines.

Edit: Screenshot: http://caffeinated-dreams.net/images/mtproblem.jpg

Caffeinated Dreams

http://evolution-.minitokyo.net/ Works fine for my FireFox.

Version 1.0.4, on WinXP Pro.

http://www.ravennet.org/randomstuff/WTF/Minitokyo/Evolution-Page-Small.jpg

Click here for 800x600 view

Signature Image

Maybe it was down as you clicked it? And it kepy on being down as coincidence <_<

Works fine for me though.

~knighty

Member of:
MT UK

Quote by knightyMaybe it was down as you clicked it? And it kepy on being down as coincidence <_<

Works fine for me though.

Nah, some peeps can't access it either. Limality couldnt when I asked him on the #minitokyo irc channel.

Either its a browser problem, or it could be a problem with ISP dns servers crapping out with the - :/

I tried it in Linux, and it worked fine for me.

Signature Image

Ritalin

Ritalin

Rawrz.

It isn't ISP because it works in IE. Firefox on Windows doesn't show the link either, nor does Opera (windows). Firefox, Konqueror, and Opera on FreeBSD aren't showing it. So it only leaves browser problems.

Even stranger is, some people on Windows and Linux can see it, but not others. So it must be a DNS issue I guess. As far as I know, it's typically not standard (or allowed?) to allow hyphens at begnning or end of links like some people have in usernames. "-." is really weird, so is ".-" @_@

Caffeinated Dreams

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.