Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How can one tell? - Minitokyo

How can one tell?

page 1 of 1 11 total items

It's just something that crossed my mind. How can someone tell if our actions are good or bad? What if there is something bad that leads to a greater good?
I sometimes think that what i am doing is good but im not always sure of it. how can something be classified as good or evil or in the middle?

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

if our actions hurt others and/or ourselves, generally, they're bad. I'm not even sure my answer is right...time will tell, that much I do know.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

it's hard..........especially if it something that only part of a large pictures.........

that's why it easy for people in the society to misjudge people only based from what they see and percieve..........as in many case there actually more into it than it may seems

RurouniSpritz

RurouniSpritz

Misutard.

You can't, really.
And in fact, most things that you don't won't be just "good" or just "bad".
I'm assuming you want to be good.
Well, just use your own judgement then - If you try your hardest, and are aware of the situation, no one can blame you, really. Not legitimately anyway.

The only real way is to go by religion.

Signature Image
:3

there is no good or bad in this world, as it's rather subjective due to individuality. i can only suggest, just do what U want at yr comfortable level. :)

Like silvaria said good and bad is subjective. You have to decide for yourself what you believe is "good" or "bad". It's probably best not to infringe on other peopls rights though. You can also abide by your society's laws. You've also probably been given values and beliefs by your parents, guardians, friend's, etc. that can help you decide what you think is good or bad.

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

For me, whatever I do that make others and myself happy, I consider that a good thing.
Some people think that the good thing to do is to make someone you love happy but i think that's not enough, what if something that makes your loved one happy but may hurt someone else and you know that but you still do then onley your loved one be happy, to trade for that is the pain for someone else and painful in your own feelings, it can't be called a good action.

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

miraku-spike

miraku-spike

~Rurouni Kenshin~

Quote by BarbaraFor me, whatever I do that make others and myself happy, I consider that a good thing.
Some people think that the good thing to do is to make someone you love happy but i think that's not enough, what if something that makes your loved one happy but may hurt someone else and you know that but you still do then onley your loved one be happy, to trade for that is the pain for someone else and painful in your own feelings, it can't be called a good action.

I agree with my friend Barbara on this one. She mostly said what I was going to write. Well said.

Signature Image

Simple answer is we don't. We can only determine whether an action taken was a good decision or bad decision after the fact (as we can never predict what the consequnces will truly be).

Signature
	Image[/img]

cardmage

cardmage

After you

Hmmm... I suppose your intent when carrying out the action is probably the most important... And if you think your action is a good one, who can actually judge you?

Life is tranquil, Death is peaceful...
Signature
Its the transition that is troublesome...

Hummm.... that is because you got the society´s rules inside your head so you know what is good and bad. Parents or the close ones are the first people that teach us about that with the simple words "no" and "yes"... yeah i have learned at the uni XD

page 1 of 1 11 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.