Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 FANSERVICE!!! - Minitokyo

FANSERVICE!!!

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

shermanramni

Sherman, the Ramni

For fanservice we understand the usage of scenes designed to excite or titillate the viewer. That means excessive usage of ecchi scenes, cool mechas, battle scenes, big explosions, and a poor story behind all that.
I think fanservice is dangerous for anime cause it rottens good stories. But that's something each anime viewer must decide.
Vote, and please post your reasons for choosing your option.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

GitS-SaC

GitS-SaC

oh noes!

Yes & No
If its a goodstory line, it doesn't much matter the rest

I love fanservice. We need more fanservice! If there is a good story then fanservice makes it that much more likable. The problem comes from anime that uses fanservice as a substitute for a good story instead of as and addition to a good story.

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

This keeps on coming up in discussion. I like fanservice in its many forms. I watch anime to see unrealistic depictions of (but not limited to): The human Body, Facial expressions, military machines, and guys who are afraid of girls coming on to them. If I didn't want unrealistic I would have never gotten into anime in the first place. Besides there are plenty of great anime with out fanservice, so why can't they co-exist?

http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/1616/
http://forum.minitokyo.net/showthread/6996/

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

Fanservice... it can sometimes be disturbing, but if the story is really good, nothing else matters.

Brownie the Cat

shermanramni

Sherman, the Ramni

Well... I think we need less fanservice. Almost all the best anime series do not rely on fanservice (Evangelion, Lain, Haibane REnmei, Spirited Away, Wolf's Rain, fma).

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

i'm a guy of course i want fan service i don't tink it destroys the story line unless there is excessive non-sense fan service

A little bit of fanservice can be nice but too much is deadly.

Quote by GitS-SaCYes &amp; No
If its a goodstory line, it doesn't much matter the rest

Agreed.

kklam

kklam

MS stands for Meteor Sweeper XD

Fanservice in AIKa & Najica are perfect !!! >=0000000~~~~~!!!!!!!! :angry:

Signature
	Imagehttp://www.tintinphoto.com/tintinphoto%5CimgFiles%5Cpersonal%5C696703V2QS1.gif

shermanramni

Sherman, the Ramni

zomg... Aika... the greatest symbol of all ecchi fanservice!

(\_/)
(O.o)

Genosider

The Last Raven

More t&a!!!!

Signature
Armored Core-The machines that would challenge god.

AnimeDaisuki

AnimeDaisuki

Wings of Destiny

A good storyline can never ever be replaced by fan service , but a good mix of both its what defines something which I can watch and something which I will despise.

I'm in your forum , lurkin' in ur posts~ =^w^=

Quote by kklamFanservice in AIKa &amp; Najica are perfect !!! &gt;=0000000~~~~~!!!!!!!! :angry:

Actually, I take opposite stance here. There were so many fan service shots that it detracted from story.

i saw some anime with a lot of fan service, yes it ruins up the story

cardmage

cardmage

After you

Hmmm... A little bit of fanservice normally does help the anime a bit... Like maybe naruto? Or bleach? Any anime who draws good-looking girls/guys as their characters(which is almost every single one of them) can be said to have used fanservice, if a person tries to be strict... However, I think overdoing it is sorta uncool... Scrap that... Overdoing it is extremely uncool... So seriously, I won't vote here...

Life is tranquil, Death is peaceful...
Signature
Its the transition that is troublesome...

shermanramni

Sherman, the Ramni

Quote by cardmageHmmm... A little bit of fanservice normally does help the anime a
bit... Like maybe naruto? Or bleach? Any anime who draws good-looking
girls/guys as their characters(which is almost every single one of
them) can be said to have used fanservice, if a person tries to be
strict... However, I think overdoing it is sorta uncool... Scrap
that... Overdoing it is extremely uncool... So seriously, I won't vote
here...

So you're not clear about what you should vote?

(\_/)
(O.o)

I think fanservice by itself is just plain bad. Actually, I think it just a waste of time and paper. Don't get me wrong, though. I love sexy girls and ecchi scenes in any anime series, but they must come with a good stroyline at their side to be really good. To make it simple, everything what fanservice is about (sexy girls, huge mecha battles, ecchi scenes) is usally a big part of anime, but not the only one. Got it?

Member of "[Hispanime]".

Genosider

The Last Raven

No.

Signature
Armored Core-The machines that would challenge god.

cardmage

cardmage

After you

Quote by shermanranmi
So you're not clear about what you should vote?

More like I think a bit of it is good, but a lot of it is bad, so it can be good AND bad, so I won't vote...

Life is tranquil, Death is peaceful...
Signature
Its the transition that is troublesome...

Quote by mughi

Quote by kklamFanservice in AIKa &amp; Najica are perfect !!! &gt;=0000000~~~~~!!!!!!!! :angry:

Actually, I take opposite stance here. There were so many fan service shots that it detracted from story.

There was a story? XD

ZeroFear

ZeroFear

That guy...

^ LOL :)

Anyway I don't believe fanservice can EVER kill a good story. I believe without any shadow of a doubt that one day a great anime will come (if it hasn't already) that will find the perfect balance of Ikkitousen/Aika fanservice and great storyline/art direction even if I have to go out a make it myself.

rancor03

Head Forum Ninja

Depends on the situation. Fanservice where one character mistakenly walks in on another character and sees them nude or semi-nude is always good because it usually leads to what I like to see in an anime...VIOLENCE ^_^

Bang

Nothing in anime--or any type of film--is more important than good storytelling. It's the whole raison d'etre of the medium. However, fanservice can enhance a good story. Ex: all the cool mecha in Overman King Gainer couldn't save that series, but Faye giggling in all her glory while firing a machine gun only makes Cowboy Bebop better.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 30 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.