Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 romeo and juliet - Minitokyo

romeo and juliet

page 1 of 1 13 total items

jotfif

jotfif

.:.bang ur all dead.:.

man let me tell you the moddner version of romeo and juliet has the worse ending it really runes the hole movie , if you have watched it you`ll know what i mean in the book romeo die befor juliet wakes up but in the novie, juliet wakes up and watches him die... i think thay should have shown juliet geting her brains blown out, also in the book romeo never gets layed or mabe i need to read it again

Signature
Im the great JOTFIF and U all know it

obviously, the modern movie remakes or movies based on books will use sex to sell-.-
thats how the media is now....sex sells good....that all they care about.

jotfif

jotfif

ever thing has sex in it, even cartoon have it, what will be next news channals

Signature

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

In the play, not the book, Romeo is a playboy and he has had sex before. And the reason Juliet woke up is because it gave more depth to waking up after Romeo drinks the posion.

I thought it was fine.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

jotfif

jotfif

well i never saw the play but ok

Signature

PwnOXz0r

PwnOXz0r

The One

Did'nt watch it. Was it any good? No, right? Thought so. Read a chapter of the book. Did'nt like it.

Join us. There is no option but Green.
Be bold, think Green www.limerockcafe.net

Limerockcafe.net

Scarlet

Scarlet

Wouldn't you wanna know?

Well, in my opinion, it ruined the entire Romeo and Juliet concept. The movie in itself, I mean. I don't believe that Shakespeare's plays are made to be interpreted in a modern fashion. They're amazing as they are.

But it doesn't mean that other people aren't allowed to have their own opinion, of course. It's just that I'm a great fan of classical Shakespeare...

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

If they didn't have to alter Mercucio's death to make it more blunt and obvious, then would it had much more of an impact within the movie at store. I mean, even Tybalt's death didn't seem as brilliant as it really is, flipping the car down the pavement and all that - and there could have been so many ways to re-alter the ending considering how faulty the play was going at certain times as well. Let's just say they meshed too many things in the storyline, all too quickly, of course.

If I'm not mistaken, Miss Danes did land that huge role, and it definitely did give her a major boost in her acting career. Still - it would be best to keep the originality in store - maybe with more modern language next time around? Ugh - the poetry is definitely killing in motion. Too much confusion in the works. Movies tend to make you understand the play a whole lot better, but to cut more of the valuable scenes, and re-alter it to make it look more like a movie which is meant to produce money rather than to have a good sense of the true meaning of the literature story within its criteria as well - isn't really looking too promising, now is it? Oh well, at least they retouched the works, so I better give them props for at least trying, I suppose.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

jotfif

jotfif

i get what you mean celessa

Signature

Guenhwyvar2005

A lonely Weapon

Which version I have seen them all.
I prefer the play though. : )

bevy-chan

bevy-chan

Kunoichi in training with Itachi

It sucked like the living hell!!!!! I hated the goddamned thing!!!!! I never saw anything crappier in my life!!!!!>_<

Hyuuga Neji is a sexy beast...next to Kakashi-sensei
Signature
silver_cherry_blossom-owner@yahoogroups.com

jotfif

jotfif

right ON bevy- CHAN I think IT WAS A BAD ending IT WAS OK BUT THE endingg

Signature

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

I never liked any of the movies. This is why I prefer to read instead of watch the movies. Especially Hamlet. Don't get me started on the errors.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.