page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 80 total items

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Cancel

Since I haven't seen a generic thread about shopping in a while, I might as well draw a new topic here.

I'm just curious, how many of you people regularly go shopping at the mall? And if you do, where would you normally go? What would you normally do there? What stuff would you normally buy?

For me - I go straight to the arcades most of the time, doing a bit of bowling and sometimes buying some J-Pop albums along the way. Yaya! That's pretty much how I get all my clothes in my wardrobe.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Cancel

I go to the mall to shop for stuff.

Normally.. uhmm food and books.. prefarbly Christian related stuff. XD

Feel the Rain on Your Skin. No One Else can Feel it For You. Only You Can Let it in.
Signature Image
-=Admin&Mod=- Flip | Ice and Snow | Nippon Foods | TSubasa | Pure Light Love | Assistance Coalescence | Make a Friend | FMWS | Syaoran shrine | Filipino Comm. | Sakura | Sea | Pokemon League | SS shrine | The Real Folk Blues | English | McDonald's

• Jun 10, 2005

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Cancel

I tend to do a lot of shopping on the internet, but if I do go out shopping, then I tend to head for game stores more than anything else ^^ .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

Cancel

normally i shop when i'm at the mall... mainly clothes or accessories...i don't really "hang out" at the mall though...

Quote by CelessaFor me - I go straight to the arcades most of the time, doing a bit of
bowling and sometimes buying some J-Pop albums along the way. Yaya!
That's pretty much how I get all my clothes in my wardrobe.

you have a bowling alley at your mall!?

Signature Image

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

Cancel

Quote by CelessaFor me - I go straight to the arcades most of the time, doing a bit of bowling and sometimes buying some J-Pop albums along the way. Yaya! That's pretty much how I get all my clothes in my wardrobe.

oh forgot to say I go to the arcades too! We have TimeZone in our mall.. a franchise from Australia or something..

hehe. I have a life. lol. not just the computer. XD

Feel the Rain on Your Skin. No One Else can Feel it For You. Only You Can Let it in.
Signature Image
-=Admin&Mod=- Flip | Ice and Snow | Nippon Foods | TSubasa | Pure Light Love | Assistance Coalescence | Make a Friend | FMWS | Syaoran shrine | Filipino Comm. | Sakura | Sea | Pokemon League | SS shrine | The Real Folk Blues | English | McDonald's

• Jun 10, 2005

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Cancel

Quote by Aa-chanI tend to do a lot of shopping on the internet, but if I do go out
shopping, then I tend to head for game stores more than anything else
^^ .

EB Games.... **Pulls out her purse** Haha, speaking of which, the Tekken series are really amazing, no doubt. They even have the classic remake of the Dungeons & Dragons arcade in the mall. I liked the Wizard the most, and her Ice Storm / Elemental spells. So cheap. lol

Quote by fireflywishesyou have a bowling alley at your mall!?

Yep, the Greyhound Centre in TO has its own indoor bowling alley near the first floor of the mall when you go down the escalator, fitted with pool tables next to the arcades, and a huge DDR machine close to the center of the fountain for the people to look at, busting off moves in the public, and the works. **Giggles** Sometimes they used to bring in those mini-coasters actually in the middle of the mall, and there was bumper cars to drive around as well. It's really fun. Then at the other side is a separate building called the Playdatorium. You swap a credit card looking item in exchange for tokens.

The laser tag at the vicinity was fantastic. I'd love to play a half-hour's worth of laser tag again and again, especially when you bring so many friends along the way. lol - So much fun!

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Vinitachi

Vinitachi

Azndude

Cancel

Celessa... you are just too lucky.... >.<

Well, I got to the bookstore. I grab mangas most of the time. I also got to the game stores. I would go to the arcades but there none. OX
Oh well, I'm perfectly fine with Pacman here. :pacman:
*Plays*

Learning little by little.
Signature

Cancel

I dont really like shopping....only if i need something or am "in the mood" :)

Signature

• Jun 10, 2005

Tatsuya

Tatsuya

.: Lonely Chicky:.

Cancel

i usually spend my spare time at the computer shop and book shop (free reading, luckily the stuff didn't throw me out XD)

wow, you're an elite member now, congrats to you by the way ^^

Signature

ps : excuse my poor english

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

Cancel

Never, ever go shopping unless my friends drag me to the city centre. Then I go to Borders while they go clothes-shoppping.

Brownie the Cat

• Jun 10, 2005

exentric

exentric

Plain Lazy

Cancel

I dont go shopping that much. (does guyz even do shopping much? o_O) most of the time I went to da mall is to buy some comp parts, some games, mangas, animes, sumthing like that. If going with frens usually wud play some bowling then stop by at the pool table at the same place. I suck at box though.. >_<

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Cancel

Quote by VinitachiCelessa... you are just too lucky.... >.< Well, I got to the
bookstore. I grab mangas most of the time. I also got to the game
stores. I would go to the arcades but there none. OX Oh well, I'm
perfectly fine with Pacman here. :pacman: *Plays*

lol - lucky? The funny part is that we have to drive an entire hour downtown in Toronto, even at very high speeds to get there, so it got kind of boring waiting around.

Just like Sadotsu says, shopping isn't fun unless you bring some of your friends around, and we go in numbers of maybe 7 or 8 along the way. It's a must!

Speaking of which, Toronto has a lot of Japanese stuff being sold around the stores - if I only actually bothered to look, because I wasn't really interested in that stuff anyways. The Eaton Center and the Mississauga Square One is just as humongous as well. If I could recall, the last time - it was about 3 stories tall, the very entrance had a gigantic video game store then and there, and a little shop called Dufferin where you can buy a lot of neat things, from cards to Rubik Cubes and all that. I don't think I've come across a store that specifically sells anime, however. Unfortunately enough, they don't really sell a lot of things from Japan if you don't go to the Greyhound Centre yourself, which is kind of sad, but I did come across one that sells a lot of J-Pop albums no doubt. **Giggles**

The busiest places would have to be the EB center, a.k.a Electronic Boutique. The last time I went there, they were having pre-sales of the latest PS3 to come out in stores, and there was a huge line-up over there. I mean, literally huge. Unbelievable! I'm getting the third installment of Fatal Frame there when it comes out maybe around next month or at its debut. **Nods** Fatal Frame III there - definitely crazy indeed.

Signature

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Cancel

EB's always fun, though I'm not a big game buff. :)

What I really do at malls also depends heavily on who I go with. Should the girls take me, then I'll be dragged around all day, which I've gotten used to and don't mind any more. So it's all the cloths stores with me being the guy with girls, getting asked all these difficult questions on my opinion of certain attires. lol But I guess it's fun.

Should I go with guy friends, who are very few in number since my school is so disporportionally female, then uh, we go look at new phones. My friend's a phoniac. (oh I mean cell phones, just to be clear for those who can't figure out. lol)

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

• Jun 10, 2005

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

Cancel

hmm lets see...

usually when i go to the mall its because i really need to find something, like a shirt or skirt or something to that degree- so i usually take alot of time before going to think of what i'd like to find while i'm there, what particular style, colour and such. I mus admit that this is a horrible strategy because I can never find what I'm looking for... apparently my imagination likes to take the clothing i see on people walking by and alter them all into one fantastic item of clothing, one not in existence. I should really learn how to sew....

Other than that, I know exactly where i go first in a mall- other than my obvious traits of people watching and window shopping, I like to check out the food court and also I have this horribel obsession with underwear :P ... you are most likely going to find me rummaging through a pile of underwear at Silk and Satin before you see me try anything on at a clothing store. I usually do a horseshoe approach to that store- walk in, trun, walk out :P ....

Underwear on the other hand is a completely different story. Not only do I have roughly 80 pairs in my posession right now, I always manage to find something I don't have yet. Apparently since I cannot usually see something on the street worn by others I cannot subconsciously alter them in my mind and never wuite find 'that one particular peice in my mind.... hmmm... interesting....

and if there's an arcade, expect to see belly smoking someone at a shooting game or racing game ;)

Signature
Anime wallpaper/Female Scans/Group Scans Moderator
-
rippers and duplicates beware of belly's button! XD [ermmm... o_o]

Norimune

Norimune

Prince of Winter

Cancel

I love to go shopping :) And It's a hole day activity for me...
I start by going to the mall early in the morning. my first objective is the shoe store, I go there early, otherwise it gets crowed by hundreds of women who have lost their will to enjoy life and think that happiness can be found in a pair of shoes (no offense XD ). Once I have selected the perfect pair of shoes/ snickers I go to the clothes stores... I hit the big and fancy stores, where lots of employees dress and undress you in the most incredible and fashionably outfits muajajaja... I spend so much time in there looking myself at the mirror that when I leave the store It's probably midday and I am carrying lots and lots of bags with all my new clothes in them... :)
Then I go and grab a bite, I visit some music stores and go to play some arcades like celessa does... When I get tired of saving the world, killing zombies, dismantle a terrorist operation, or threatening children to give me their coins ( hahaha naaaa ^_^') I go to the manga sore.... where I leave my heart and half my salary... -_-'
Then I go bowling, dancing on the DDR machine and/or to the cinema until it's night time and I have to return home...
Ahhhhh... I try my new wardrobe while reading my new mangas... listening to newly purchased cd albums.... life is so good... People say that money doesn't buy happines... They're just not trying hard enought... XD XD XD
There you have it! Norimune's Shopping Day? Care to join me on my next quest? :) :) :)

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici." By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe.

• Jun 10, 2005

Lodigo

~Assasin Cross~

Cancel

hello Celessa :)
me, i dont shop a lot XD
sometimes i go with my mom but she is doing so long in one shop
mostly i go shopping with my friend maybe once a mont i think
i dont shop a lot
if i had money XD
lol, i have to work >.<

Ryan19

Ryan19

Return of ME

Cancel

I seldom go to mall, unless i was told to buy groceries or furniture ^^:. I normally go to outside street shops to buy manga, x-box games, anime video or "J-idol magazine >.<(only when Yuro not around)"..kekeke.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

• Jun 10, 2005

sailormoon

sailormoon

Ah! Where's my 3rd eye!!

Cancel

I usually go shopping at the mall every other saturday and i buy purses!!! manga!!! and see a movie!! gonna go see howls moving castle this saturday! cant wait! (^-^) I dont go to the mall to often cuz it's so expensive! most off I'm a wal*mart shopper.(^-^)

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return.
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange.
In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth."
- Alphonse Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist.

"still the road keeps on telling me to go on.
something is pulling me, I feel the gravity of it all."
-'Gravity', Wolf's Rain, Performed by: Maaya Sakamoto

"What lies beyond the memories..."
"The place where everything comes from and everything returns to. The blue planet."
- Last Exile

Signature

"For love and justice, I'm the pretty soldier Sailor Moon. In place of the moon, I'll punish you!" - Sailor Moon

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny.
Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

an-chan

an-chan

I'm a dragon I never get up!

Cancel

I don't shop a lot ...hmmm but I buy mangas and sometimes any clothes

see ya! ^-^

• Jun 10, 2005

Holt

Holt

pffft

Cancel

When going out I gravitate naturally towards technology and games shops. I can't help it XD
Even if I don't have money, I still like to see what they've got these days :P

Signature Image

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Cancel

When I go to the mall I'm usually going clothes shopping with friends. Sometimes I buy stuff and other times I just look but I have the most fun just talking with them as we look at different outfits. After that, we go to the food court and/or the arcade.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

Sugasuga

Sugasuga

Kaz ?

Cancel

well, i havent been going shopping lately [kinda lost interest in it, or got lazier >>'] but recently, i went out ta shop ^^ used to, i shop alot, mostly during the weekends and i would buy lotsa clothes, lol. and i would normally go to Herald Square, Manhattan Mall ^^ i juss randomly go ta stores in Manhattan Mall, those that i no and like. i usually buy clothes and mangas xD

Signature

tareren

tareren

||Teh Panda Queen||

Cancel

Quote by CelessaI'm just curious, how many of you people regularly go shopping at the
mall?

I went once a week, just for window shopping though, but if I see something I really like, I will definitely buy it (except if it is sooooo expensive ><)

Quote by CelessaAnd if you do, where would you normally go?

Uh, lately I only went around Orchard Road (Sporean will know XD) every weekends, cos it is the nearest big shopping place ^^ and I can always ask my frens to come along cos it is located strategically in the center of Spore :) though in few ocassions I may go out of my way to some place like the IT mall if I need something specific XD

Quote by CelessaWhat would you normally do there?

I will always always drop by in Kinokuniya, that bookshop is a heaven to me XD other than that, I will just walk around the place while chatting with my frens, entering those shops that looks interesting (something catch my eyes) and then maybe try those piece that I like and all, after that mostly we just sit at some cafe (I love Starbucks!) or fast food joint to eat/drink and chat :) and we may decide to watch some movie too >< btw, am a very fast shopper, am not the kind to actually enter shops one by one and try all those clothes inside though I know I wont buy them >< (few of my friends do this ^^") uh, and I love arcade, but none of my gal pals like it >< so.... yeah... too bad >< >< ><

Quote by CelessaWhat stuff would you normally buy?

Tell you the truth,for clothes I mostly buy jackets (jumper, coats, etc) or jeans (pants) but not many too, and I sometimes buy novels and mangas (in Indo, I always buy at least 5 mangas in a week ><) Oh, I love to shop for stationeries XD and to look for CDs, but only buy those I really love...On no discount days, I shop very little (clothes), maybe not even one pants in a month... (but I think I do purchase at least an item a month) ..when there are sale everywhere (like right now) I may buy more clothes and accessories :)

Signature

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Cancel

There's a small mall by my college that I go to rather frequently. There's a Kohl's in there (clothing store) that I go to a lot, and also a very nice bookstore, Bath and Body Works (loooove that store, smells so good! ^_^). I go into Payless (shoes) almost every time. I love shoes lol. And there's a candy store that I'll go into once in a while when I want something sweet. ^_^ That's pretty much where I go every time. XD

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 80 total items

Back to Shopping & Food | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.