Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ride of the Self Important Brigade - Minitokyo

Ride of the Self Important Brigade

page 1 of 1 10 total items

tuxedotservo

tuxedotservo

-- gone and very much forgotten

OK, I know I'm setting myself up to be a lightning rod...

Has anyone else noticed the occasional raging self-importance running amok here? Granted, being proud of your work is good - but some people, yikes ... it's beyond that.

My favorite example:
People who declare, in their best Scarlett O'Hara voice: "I do declare! I cannot be part of MT, ever again! It's fallen below me! I shalt not return!"

And then, two weeks later, there they are.

I can understand a change of heart - but then they do it *again* - I've seen this at least twice, if not more, from high profile types, even.

Why? Why do this? Why not just leave? Is it an attention thing? A little bit of ego stroking? Maybe I'm just not "clued in" and I don't "get it" - but I'd really like someone to explain it, because it's really hard to not call people out on it. Really hard.

Just something that kind of popped on me today,

--
tuxedotservo
Palpatine for Emperor - Why Settle for the Lesser Evil?
Dancing to the beat of a different drummer, and it's not pretty.

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

I haven't seen anyone on that aspect of self importance, but I've seen the people who talk down to others and find that pretty unnecessary.

tuxedotservo

tuxedotservo

Yes - I've seen that kind of thing as well. I guess I just wasn't thinking about it while composing my initial post.

I guess, because it's not "face to face" that some have decided that civility is optional. Unfortunately.

--
tuxedotservo

MistressPookyChan

MistressPookyChan

I bwee, therefore I am.

Quote by ShkiraI haven't seen anyone on that aspect of self importance, but I've seen
the people who talk down to others and find that pretty unnecessary.

This is what I see a lot of. Instead of acting like they are the best thing ever, they should be helping others with their technique and skills.

Signature Image
-----| feeling : blah. | UserPage V1 : RO Succubus in pink | Latest Creation (BLEACH) |-----
Groups: Oldsters (a) - Nippon Foods (a) - Widescreen-Wallers (a) - Japanese (m)

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

well, some people are arrogant, and arrogant people need attention, coz if no one gives a damn about them to whom will they brag their "skillz"

tuxedotservo

tuxedotservo

I think arrogance is part of it (that, or an ego complex of some sort).

Either way, cracking down on others (or toying with them) is a means to draw attention to oneself. It's sad some people have to be that way.

Another thing that I find amusing (in that sort of way) is this:

"As many of you may of noticed my absence a lot recently. I have also been losing interest in MT, it lost most of the flare ... I will be removing people from my list, just as (one), (two) and (three) have done, at least for the same reasons, why have so many people who don't even talk to you on your friendlist ?

I shouldn't of been so crazy about adding people, it should be much more than that, now that I truly think of it. Most will only drop by to thank for a fav, not a well thought out comment I wrote. In either case, I am tired of reviewing for nothing, you guys should take in those comments and improve ... so what if it's in highlighted ?

Some people don't even know what is a good wallpaper clearly ... Ah well, enough ranting ... Now I can have more fun with forums and guestbook entries. Sorry if anyone gets offended, but you will all come to understanding."

Is it me, or is this ego driven? "You don't listen to my great advice - heck, you don't even know what's good! - so goodbye!"

That's how I read that.

--
tuxedotservo

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

It's really beginning to annoy me as well. People seem obsessed with gaining levels, getting favs, and being popular. I feel that it is destroying the community or forcing it to wall itself in, only checking "friends" walls and not going into the expanse that is the rest of MT. I think that the ego is driving much of the vicious anti-rip mentality that has been gaining strength lately. I think that many people can't stand the idea of anything that might divert attention (and valuable +favs) from their walls here.

It seems like MT is starting to come apart at the seams. I would really hate to see things degrade to the point where drastic actions have to be taken. Carefully making small changes to the way things work can have a huge ripple-down effect. However, I am beginning to lose faith that anyone with power of influence around here cares. Yet I won't give up quite so easily.

Signature Image

tuxedotservo

tuxedotservo

The above has many great points in it. I'm glad some people articulate better than I do ^^

--
tuxedotservo

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

yeah, add the humongous amount of leechers that flood this community.they just stay in the background waiting for some fresh wall to devour, stealthily occupying the fat pipe MT has for its members.damn those leechers, they eat a loy of resources.
some actually do hold true to what they say. i've a really nice friend who had to leave MT for some reason. and i actually miss her, we had the same thoughts on almost everything. did i make sense with regars to this forum?i don't think so.what the heck..lol good thread by the way

Jim3535

Jim3535

Shinigami

lapuk, I would agree that it is annoying when the site becomes slow because of people who contribute little. However, I would rather have them stay out of sight than see them forced to spam up the gallery & forum to gain levels. To that end, I try to only post when I have something to add and only download the best of the best walls (and no scans).

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.