Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Piracy still hurting...aww... - Minitokyo

Piracy still hurting...aww...

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Teryon

Teryon

He who invents Ultratech

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=569&ncid=738&e=4&u=/nm/20040707/tc_nm/tech_software_piracy_dc

Im probably alone here, but I truly have no sympathy for software companies. Make it cheaper or people will get it for free is a very simple concept to understand. And by cheaper, I preferably mean smart business methods, intelligent software design and little-to-no management BS. If you cant afford something and want it anyway, the natural inclination is to find some other way of getting that something.

With software, its not even that much of a moral thing, it seems to me, `cause folks dont see the programmers behind it. I know some programmers, and I still dont feel for `em. Learn to survive and adapt.

"Brute force is not my way. My technology can devise infinitely more
successful, subtle, and unpleasant methods..."
Signature

Hee-hee, you're not alone in that opinion... I mean, just as an example, my copy of Photoshop was a copy of my ex-boyfriend's, who got his from a copy of his dad's, who got it from a friend, etc., etc. And you can go to all sorts of websites to download programs easy.

I'm more for free-ing music than cheapening software, though. It's impossible to get music online anymore without having to pay, or something... Maybe I've just had bad luck in finding sites for it? Baaah, anyway, I haven't been able to get any music online for months...... It's rather frustrating.

Fenrir

-

Emiko, you just dont know where to look for music ;) It's still very easy to find what you are looking for if you know where too look :P

But I agree with both of you. Free-ing music is a good thing, and cheapning those $7500 licensed programs should be the natural step.

=[ If Hell is a house, the house of Hades, then it is only natural that it have its watch dog and that this watch dog is fearful ]=

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.