Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 personal filter - Minitokyo

personal filter

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Most people think of emails when hearing "spam" or "UCE". But, didn't you notice all the crap when searching the web for someting - I mean all the link-farms which lead you to ebay or these sites.

What do you think about "Spam"-filters for the web? I don't mean censorship like in China, although the principle is the same - just what if you had your own personal filter (like a personal firewall) which you could train and which would mark every "unwanted" page as such so you can separate the wheat from the chaff at once?

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

actually you can really do that, specially with sp2, you can change your security level if you want to, and you can specify what sites you'll block..but where's the fun i n that? all you really need to do is surf smartly, know what links will probably lead you there, don't click on everything for crying out loud.. and firefox has a reliable ad-blocker, so pop-upsa ren't much of a hassle if you use firefox.. if you're still using IE, then switch, IE sucks..

The idea behind all this is to make your "surfing smartly" easier. I am using Firefox and Linux, but that makes no difference on the spam which shows up when using google (or other search engines) with certain words...

Never wished for a software which adds tags like "link farm" to your search results?

(Indeed, I've already combined "bow", the text classifier libraries, with "squid", the proxy server.)

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.