Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 sterotypes - Minitokyo

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 42 total items

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

i hate sterotypes! like how some guys--actually most guys say, "I don't hit girls." "The girls stay home and cook..." "The man of the family must support the family." "blah, blah, blah."
you get what i mean? anyone agree with me? what sterotype do you hate?

I def hate that stearotype about wemon stay home and cook. ~_~ But I don't like the one that says Asians are good at math. :nerd: Cause I'm Asian and math isn't the best for me.

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

Quote by AlishaI def hate that stearotype about wemon stay home and cook. ~_~ But I don't like the one that says Asians are good at math. :nerd: Cause I'm Asian and math isn't the best for me.

that's so so true because i suck at math...well every other subject too.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Quote by AlishaI def hate that stearotype about wemon stay home and cook. ~_~ But I don't like the one that says Asians are good at math. :nerd: Cause I'm Asian and math isn't the best for me.

That is so true. Added to the fact that not only am I asian but I was named Matthew. Apparently it has some sort of connection with mathematics or something I can't rmember at the moment.
The stereotype I really hate is that asians can't drive. Boy does that sinlge statement get my blood boiling. I mean have you seen the way some not all non-asians drive. I mean jeez talk about being hypocrits.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

hmm...yea- as much as we hate stereotypes, it exists among us anyways =/ the fact about how women have to stay home and cook is just so pathetic -_-" and i have to agree on the asian thingy..i'm asian..and i'm not good at math -_-" and i think some sterotypes are more of religion/belifes, and how people are brought up and what they're taught. this' the 21 century...so i think this is a BIG change..from the 20th century, and now, everyone is just gettin ues to all the changes...thts why there so many stereotypical ppl out there still =/

-teaego

ultimashower

ultimashower

Reppin' The Nice Guys

Yeah... Stereotypes are bad... But why is a guy saying he doesn't hit women bad? Violence against anyone isn't good. At least they're resrticting it to a single gender. Unless you're getting at the whole "weaker sex" stereotype, wherein I can sorta see your point.

Stereotype I hate? Well this isnt really a stereotype, but patriotism that results in hostility towards people of another nation. "americans ARE dumb!" "canadians ARE dumb!" God its aggrivating... In my books, everyone has the capacity to be a complete shit head, so I try to think the best of someone when I first meet them, and let it go from there. :)

HTML Coding Hates Me...

The sterotype I hate most is girls don't/can't play video games. I love video games. And I can kick most ppl's asses at any game since I'm familar with most genres. Video games = <3

And if I sleep, just to dream of you, I'll wake without you there.

Signature Image
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_myprofile.php?user_id=256681

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

I hate stereotypes period, esp. people who think it's cool to live up to 'em and people who try to fit me into them. I may fit the "gothic" label, but I'm not a poser and I think that labels belong on cans, not people. I am far from being a can.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Me? I get stereotyped for having the looks but not having the brains. Obviously that's not true and I'll clearly make them match and pay.

Not only did I prove everyone wrong, but I sure will heck be gladly humble doing it over again. **Crumbles her Pocky** Speaking of which, yes, people who are both beautiful and smart do exist. Period. And duh - I'm very glad I have accomplished more than a simpleton much older than my own. A little too gloatful? Nah - more like - I wouldn't put up with these really strange put-off individuals, and I lived my life to the fullest. Who cares what they think. Your closest friends are what matters most. **Tips her hat**

Speaking of which, that's the best approach I can come up with here. And believe me, people who are trying to hit on girls before they deny it - watch out! Because that to me tells how really ignorant some of them really are. These people who stereotype without having a clue what to understand. Pah to them! It's like - when you meet me, you should fear me. **Pulls out her chainsaw** Mostly to the low-life stalkers. Darn straight! ROFL **Guns them down**

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

but yeah, any negative stereotype tends to lower people's self esteem.....as far as that whole "asian folks cant drive" bull, whoever believs that lives in middle america...in california, the asian folks are known as the EXPERT drivers! street racing was born in the predominantly asian ghettos out here, so right ON, my asian homies.....stereotypes i hate? i hate the way people think that rap and r&b music videos are an acurate portrayal of all black folks >=0000000~~~~~!!!!!!!! people rely on t.v. as a window to the world WAY too much, mann

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

Quote by ultimashowerYeah... Stereotypes are bad... But why is a guy saying he doesn't hit women bad? Violence against anyone isn't good. At least they're resrticting it to a single gender. Unless you're getting at the whole "weaker sex" stereotype, wherein I can sorta see your point.
Stereotype I hate? Well this isnt really a stereotype, but patriotism that results in hostility towards people of another nation. "americans ARE dumb!" "canadians ARE dumb!" God its aggrivating... In my books, everyone has the capacity to be a complete shit head, so I try to think the best of someone when I first meet them, and let it go from there. :)

what i meant about "boys not being able to hit girls" thing was that if you're a guy and you hit a girl, you're considered "pathetic"...sortof....well, at my school anyway...

Cagalli22

Cagalli22

~Dreamer~

Quote by CelessaMe? I get stereotyped for having the looks but not having the brains.

I agree. Everyone is always telling me that I cant have brains because I have blonde hair and (only when I'm bouncing off the walls) sometimes act like a total blonde. They always look at me weird when I get a good grade on a math test or something, and they didn't. My reply to that, 'I study and remember, and its your problem if you didnt do the same and got a failing grade. It has nothing to do w/ how i look.' *Sigh* Some people just dont understand this tho. LOL, mabye the will later...

Dance ~ As Though No One Is Watching You
Sing ~ As Though No One Can Hear You
Love ~ As Though You Have Never Been Hurt Before
Live ~ As Though Heaven Is On Earth

KiraKirachan

KiraKirachan

Maker of Sparkly Things

What I hate is when people flaunt being a sterotype, like Ludacris for example. I'm not even black but I hate when ppl say "All Blacks like chicken and beer." And then he goes and makes an album and a video about it!! >=0!! Ugh I can't stand him!!!

i also hate stereotypes of Latinos (which I am) In school someone teased me by saying, "Hey did you come here in a tub and paddle?!" I had low self-esteem at the time so I didn't sat much. All I said was "No, dumbass. I was born in thr us."

i also hate when other people try to imatate accents for kicks. Example: my husband's Jamacian and everytime (no matter who it is) someone always imatates the accent (which he barely has) and says, "Oh, so you're from Jamaica Mon?!" >=0000000~~~~~!!!!!!!! *slap slap slap* SHUT UP it's NOT cool!!!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

winxfairykay

winxfairykay

Teenage Samurai

I hate sterotypes!!!! I can't stand it when a man sais something like "go get me a drink woman". It really makes me mad when I get called woman. Anyways, a woman should be able to do whatever she wants to do. She shouldn't be limited beacuse someone thinks she should be barefoot and pregnant cooking in the kitchen. And I hear alot of guys say that they won't hit girls....why not? Beaucse we're girls? Or maybe its that their affraid that we could kick their butts?? Lol.

Signature Image
Winx has currently gotten verrrry busy. Please email me if you really need me!

On those trash "Current Affairs" shows in Australia (the ones that masquerade as true journalism, despite the fact that they do a report on the latest dieting fads at least once a week) on the commercial channels, they always have depictions of youth misbehaving, out of control etc. they will always go "Why are today's youth out of control, blah blah etc.".

They stereotype teens as runaways, drug addicts or what have you and it makes me sick. There have been calls by 'family groups' to have curfews and other stupid laws because said groups watch these trash shows and believe everything to hear (it's called friggin sensationalism, stupid idiots). It's stupid because these teens are the ones without a voice... no let me correct myself here, they DO have a voice but they never get heard by so called mature and responsible people (the same ones that make generalisations).

I'll end my little rant here, it's a bit different to the stereotypes that have been listed before but i think it still applies. Sensationlism feeds the stupid masses with incorrect information = Sterotypes.

~ Save Bandwidth! Use a text siggy instead!

My Latest Walls:

Ethereal Summoner ~ Yuna & Valefor
Sunshine Girl //make you happy?

IcyFyre

IcyFyre

I love WoNdeRL@nD

i hear ya! :< (determined look on face) but im not sure which one i dislike...too. many. to. choose.....

Signature
~*We come to love by seeing an imperfect person perfectly*~

I think you should probably get used to it. There are as many stereotypes about men as there are about women, and about caucasians, blacks, and hispanics as there are about asians. Everyone stereotypes, whether or not you like to believe it.

I'm hispanic, and I'm not riding around in a low-rider, selling "chiqlets", or yelling "horale!". But, I don't let it get to me, because, really, what's the point. If someone is prejudging you to the point where it becomes a problem before they meet you, then why are you going to associate yourself with that person in the first place? So it shouldn't be a problem.

"Does he make you high? Does he make you real? Does he make you cry? Does he know the way you feel? Love is all around you; your universe is full. But in my world ... there is only you."

asta

asta

I'll wait Forever...

Quote by AlishaI def hate that stearotype about wemon stay home and cook. ~_~ But I
don't like the one that says Asians are good at math. :nerd: Cause I'm
Asian and math isn't the best for me.

Me neither they call me a nerd but i never got a high score on math ^_^' and i'm an asian...

hmmm... what are stereo-types? I dont know what it mean could u please tell me? soory for being such an idiot ^_^'

sadotsu

sadotsu

Neko-sama

Quote by CelessaMe? I get stereotyped for having the looks but not having the brains.
Obviously that's not true and I'll clearly make them match and pay.
Not only did I prove everyone wrong, but I sure will heck be gladly
humble doing it over again. **Crumbles her Pocky** Speaking of which,
yes, people who are both beautiful and smart do exist. Period. And duh
- I'm very glad I have accomplished more than a simpleton much older
than my own. A little too gloatful? Nah - more like - I wouldn't put up
with these really strange put-off individuals, and I lived my life to
the fullest. Who cares what they think. Your closest friends are what
matters most. **Tips her hat**

You love your hat, don't you?
As for me... stereotypes are for stupid people. Sounds harsh, but I'm just so sick of people being stereotypical without even knowing anything about the matter.

Brownie the Cat

i'm an asian too!!!dont ever say that asian people good in maths...any people from different races can do math!!!!it depend how many exercise they do^^i'm lazy so propbably u know how my maths look like^^;i hate stereo-types too!!!

Signature

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

not all asians are good at math, but definitely far better than others.. i hate being stereotyped, everyone has their own personality.. the thing i hate being stereotyped the most, that all men are cheaters..no were not..

sherazard

sherazard

parfait tic

i suck at math too! i hate the asian stereo types. it gets on my nerves. some people i kno assume that all asians are chinese. they don't think about the other cultures like japanese, vietnamese, or others. it gets on my nerve. and my friend thinks all asians are perfect and can draw. i can draw and stuff but i am NOT perfect, no one is. i also hate when girls can't play certain sports because it's a "man" sport. man sport my ass!

"Geez! You should be more careful, a woman's face is the most important thing to her." - Daiya
"No! It's the hair." - Fuuko
"Stupid, it should be her heart!" - Ichi

CopKiller

Boyfriend of my sweat heart

Canadian ARE dumb... cool steroetyp for me -_- . I'm canadian and I'm not dumb loll.
And iris are alcoolic... I had iris blood and I'm not alcoolic.
The women stay behind kitchen... very stupid, the men are good at the kitchen too.
But the world is made with stereotype and we can't do nothing for that.

Shadowdawn

Shadowdawn

The Iron Clad Goddess

I think that all stereotypes should die.Because more than not, they aren't true.

"Little drops of water, Little grains of sand, Make the mighty ocean, And the pleasant land. So the little minutes, Humble though they be, Make the mighty ages, Of eternity." -Julia Fletcher Carney
"To her, words were things of beauty, each like a magical powder or potion which could be combined with other words to create powerful spells" - Dean Koontz

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 42 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.