Japanese hobby magazines

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Genosider

The Last Raven

Cancel

I know there are quite a number of you modellers and mecha-freaks out there, so do any of you read or ever seen one of those flashy japanese hobby magazines? I do have, (and they're pricey!) In fact, most of the scans in my gallery come from them.

My nearest Kinokuniya usually stocks them every month, but it seems that in where I live (In Malaysia), I'm the only one that reads them. So have you all seen these magazine or read them? how much do they cost?

Signature
Armored Core-The machines that would challenge god.

Cancel

i have seen them, but they are hard to find where i live, no clue how much they cost

• Jun 12, 2005
Cancel

It is pretty easy to find here where i live. I once bought one of the internet and it cost me around 50 sumthing HKD but it was an old one. But my friend regualary buys it and he says it costs around 200 sumthing.

• Jun 12, 2005

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

Cancel

I have old copies of some. I do the modeling on many different things, mecha are just some of them. I get ideas from them and other magazines for miniature war games. Got some nice scale infantry figures that are in scale with both 1/144 and 1/100 scale Gundam models.

So what is the current price for them now?

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

Genosider

The Last Raven

Cancel

I usually buy them for their Advance of Zeta installments, but they cost around 50 bucks, in my country's currency (12.50 USD) Trying to find a cheaper alternative though...

Signature

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

Cancel

50 = $12.50 USD Where do you live?

Years ago I was getting Newtype magazines for $14.99, I am glad I can get them translated for less now. I'd think it's a shame that the hobby magazines aren't getting the same treatment. Then there probably isn't a market for it. There are model magazines in the US that every once in a while a Gundam model does make it's way into it's pages.

I can tell you this, there is a website that does look at models of all kinds. A lot of them are scratch built, some anime models do show up there and with some frequency.
http://starshipmodeler.com/index.htm
This is a website that modelers should know about.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

Genosider

The Last Raven

Cancel

In a tropical place called Malaysia. I'm trying to find a source to get the english translations of the Five Star Stories manga too. They had them in my local Kinokuniya, but lack of interest killed them out.

Signature

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.