Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Life After High School - Minitokyo

Life After High School

page 1 of 1 18 total items

My Question is how did you cope with high school ending or about to end? Because im getting depressed lately since its almost over for me.

Signature Image

Nice user page! I like the colors, anyway I dont really get what there is to be depressed about, but that is probably becuz im in a private school and i know all the kids in my class and we are all going to the same university so its not like i will miss anyone, well i do have some lower grade friends since i skipped a grade. There is this one girl who i will miss but oh well there isnt much i can do about it. Besides all that is a whole year away for me so i guess im not depressed but i might be. I think you cant do much about your depression, its natural to feel bad you will be leaving this place which you spent four years of your precious life at but you have to move on and im sure you will have lots of new memories in college i hear its much more fun than high school, at least outside of class anyone, im not trying to say Advance Calculus and Finite mathematics is more "fun" than high school math.

AngelXXX

AngelXXX

Yaoi Lover

Sorry, i do not go to high school... I go to collage, but i'll tell you how i felt when i was in college :) . I also felt depressed...(i am always depressed! :) ) I was really depressed the last months of school... but after school ended.. a couple weeks later, i broke out of it! I was sooooooooooo happy!!!!! XD

I'm Back!!

I remember thinking on the last days of school "damn, it's all downhill from here". I thought everything was gonna get difficult, and life would become much more complicated, but it didn't. It's basically the same, only now, nobody bosses you around :D

until you get a job...

Bee69

Bee69

Bee-GFX

well i wasn't depress but didn't know what to do so i jion a progrm that found a college 4 me.

CyberDragoon

The Prince of Nothing

Just wait 'til you get to college then you see serious depression from the stress. Then next thing you know you're dying of old age.

ouch, everyone's so pessimistic. Getting out of high school was scary, but it really makes you realize how insignificant high school was. I would advise you to do something and don't waste any time, follow your dreams and don't worry about things along the way. sh*t happens and thats life, bills are a reality. if you are doing what truly makes you happy, what more could you ask for? just dont get stuck doing something you hate.

Jyu-Jyu

Jyu-Jyu

*blush*

i wasn't sad -- i knew i wouldn't see A LOT of my friends in high school after we graduated -- so i was friends with them -- but kept my distance. ^_^ but i do miss some of them. But you know -- u'll be fine -- b/c u'll go to college and then you'll make new friends -- ppl change and things change -- ^_^ it's part of life -- so don't be depressed!! look to your bright future!! ^_^

ex-paranoia

pWn3d by Expy

I was glad to leave my high school, why? Because I was forced into a french high school by a law passed by this province back in the 1970's making all immigrant children attend french educational institutes until high school.

Personally I hated that high school, everything about it was horrible, the french teachers the french language, and the french attitude (sovereignism/seperatism). I had much fun teasing them about how the language was disapearing and also raising a debate about Bill 101 during one of my debate classes.

I don't really miss it, all my friends don't miss it neither we're glad we're out of that mess, to tell you the truth it's been nothing but smooth sailing since then. My friends and I are way more comfortable in an english institute, a choice we never had from the start, due to these riddiculous Quebec Governmental laws.

next year I'll finish high school... and I get depressed now.
for me, after high school I have 3 years of army... some say that the army is the best time of thier life, some say that is a waste of time.
until now, high school was the best time of my life!

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote by ex-paranoiaI was glad to leave my high school, why? Because I was forced into a
french high school by a law passed by this province back in the 1970's
making all immigrant children attend french educational institutes
until high school.
Personally I hated that high school, everything about it was horrible,
the french teachers the french language, and the french attitude
(sovereignism/seperatism). I had much fun teasing them about how the
language was disapearing and also raising a debate about Bill 101
during one of my debate classes.
I don't really miss it, all my friends don't miss it neither we're glad
we're out of that mess, to tell you the truth it's been nothing but
smooth sailing since then. My friends and I are way more comfortable in
an english institute, a choice we never had from the start, due to
these riddiculous Quebec Governmental laws.

lol - Actually I hated my high school as well, and I don't really miss it at all, because it was run by a bunch of corrupt individuals, too. That's why I was glad I graduated off that school early. It wasn't my favorite high school to attend to, and it definitely won't be remembered by in the long run, by many others. **Nods** That was why I was glad the school board decided to move the location of that place elsewhere. It was a complete mess, really. **Giggles**

Of course, after I graduated many years ago, I did lose touch with many of my great friends at high school. Right now though, it isn't that bad at all. I was able to have fun, separate from my parents once in a while, attending university and the works, and was able to make a lot of new friends down by that place as well. The maturity level has risen quite considerably and I was able to relate to those who lived a similar kind of lifestyle I do, especially when there are a few grown-up intellects to chat with from time to time, while I moved from Japan and back, so overall, it wasn't too shabby. I find the life after high school quite rewarding, actually. Well, there's always great things that are going to lie ahead. Just go for the gold. Yaya!

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

I just finished high school as well. I still don't think it's really really truly hit me that I'm not going to see most of my classmates anymore, that I won't be returning to my high school again next year. Having just made some friends second semester, I really...well, for lack of a better way of saying it, cantonese: mm seh duc. I'm going to try to keep in contact with as many of my friends as I can. To try to have my firends do so as well, I got the idea from a palat another school to present each of my firends with a set of stationary =]

Actually, I liked my high school, especially some of the teachers. I really think it's the teachers and students that make up a yea or nay for school atmosphere. ok, so not all my high school classes were as great as my summer courses where I really bonded with my classmates, but hey, wasn't all that bad. My high school had a very academic atmosphere which encouraged students to learn. I just wish I'd taken more advantage of it...

But wow, think of all the things ahead! I'm really looking forward to making a bunch of new friends at university. I'll be too far away from home to be able to come back more often than just on holidays, but I will be getting a big boost in independence and maturity. There is so much more out there than my tiny city. So many opportunities and experiences I have yet to encounter and take advantage of. Life gets much harder after this... Yes, I am nervous and apprehensive, but I'm also excited and rarin to go ^^

After highschool you'll be much happier!

KiraKira

Hitori...

I still got one more year left of high school .. =/ i hope it turns out like what you guys said, being happy right? independent and carefree :D

Nkabee

Nkabee

hi there xD

i wasnt really that depressed after leaving high school this past june. thats pretty much because most of my friends are going to the same college as me, so ill be seeing them anyways, and that was the only part of HS that i would miss, im really looking forward to college, should be a blast.

Quote by rickster307After highschool you'll be much happier!

i second that, lol :)

Signature

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

I graduated in June. It's been very hard for me to accept, given that I was in band all throught high school, and every summer I had marching band camp to look forward to. Band camp is right around the corner, and I've been really depressed because I can't go.

All we can do is move on. Hard as it may be, we have no choice. Trust me, if life had a rewind button, I'd use it all the time.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

Well I sometimes feel nostalgic about all thay, but its really not lke its over for good. Sure you won't ever be back to learn there, but you'd be surprised just how often you meet perople you went to school with, even when you haven't kept in touch for ages.
Its my first year of Univeristy right now, and I was pretty scared that I would miss my High School, but honestly University is just way too much fun!

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.