Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Any other painters at MT? - Minitokyo

Any other painters at MT?

page 1 of 1 16 total items

mentis

mentis

..art is no luxury..

Hey everyone. I wondering if there are any other users at Minitokyo that paint!? The reason I ask is becaus I don't get very many comments on my paintings (some pieces have zero comments :( ).

It would be great to meet a few more MT'ers that paint and post their pieces on MT. Come on! There gotta be someone out there! :D

an-chan

an-chan

I'm a dragon I never get up!

hmmm don't worry me to ....i don't have many comments on my wall. sooo i see your paint !

see you !!! ;)

mentis

mentis

..art is no luxury..

Milo ciebie widziec (good to see you - nie wiem czy to dobrze napisalem). No ale wierz jusz ze moj Polski jest troche slaby.

Chcialem sie dowiedziec czy sa tu inni ludzie kturzy maluja anime/manga obrazy tak jak ja. Widocznie bede musal przeczekac by zobaczyc wyniki.

evasion

evasion

KittyPuchiko has caught evasion!

Hey mentis! I know Karolina and Harakiri use natural media. You could check out their galleries ^_^.

Signature

Visit me at http://www.trigmax.com/funstuff/evasion
(website currently down...*cries*)

Demca

Demca

Futuristic Alter Ego... for now

the only art classes i took in school consisted of three-dimensional art.
sculputure, ceramics.. and unfortunately i have not tried to do anything with what i love (anime).. i did make a chessboard (pretty cool one too), and a wicked demonic rabbit with a scorpion tail, but mainly i worked with pottery.
so my 3d sculpures aren't the best. but i try, and that's what counts.

-andrew

Signature

what you doing reading this.... go do something productive...

CoolOtaku

AllRPGer

Even though I have block scheduling in school I'm in a program they have and it basically gives me the same art class every day. I have to paint in it and do just about everything I can't force myself to do. I'm not very good at it, but I do paint, some of it realistic, some not.

mentis

mentis

..art is no luxury..

@ evasion: I did write in Karolina's gb to ask her to post in here. I haven't searched for Harakiri yet though.

@ Demca: Well, keep at it. Perhaps one day you can incorporate anime into your works too :d.

@ CoolOtaku: I started painting in high school art classes as well. But be advised, from my experience, high school art (for me) was very inadequate in educating me. I learned all the important things in college.

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

I'm not a painter >.>
i only learn how to analyse a painting ^_^ , nothiong else >.>
And I only learnt about it in HIgh school ^_^"

Painting looks like fun ^_^, maybe i should get my hand around it someday ^_^

CoolOtaku

AllRPGer

I intend to keep art as my focus when I decide what college I'll attend, but painting probably won't be my main thing. The art class I'm in basically just has a teacher telling you what kind of stuff to do, but they never teach you how to do it. It's really frustrating. Still I'm very excited about college.

i just can't figure out if I want to go to one of the Art Institutes or just a college with a good art program.

mentis

mentis

..art is no luxury..

As an artist, when considering education, you have to think about how you would prefer to work. If you need your hand held through so many things, you should focus on a school which will guide you more.

I think that as long as you are capable of thinking outside the box, and self-motivated, it matters little what type of school you attend. Because as long as you think and do things that way, you will be able to be your own teacher.

As far as painting is concerned, it's not really difficult. You should take it up thinking you will be painting great masterpieces. You should paint to draw out your creativity, and try to interfere with that creativity as little as possible.

CoolOtaku

AllRPGer

My "creativity" usually comes out as "crap." My work always lacks good details. I almost always draw anime people for fun (or slightly more realistic and sometimes skewed versions), so the only work I do outside of that fun stuff is done in school.

My biggest problem besides creativity is speed. I'm a very slow worker. I think it'll help me to be able to work slowly and take my time later on, but right now I have to speed up. By senior year I have to be able to pump out a quality piece for portfolio every week. Right now I struggle to get out a quality piece (for my level) in a month and a half. I always start the pieces okay, but I start slowing down quickly and by the end of the second week I've lost all interest in it. I keep losing sight of what's ahead and my motivation leaves me.

In short, do you have any tips you'd like to share that helped you get into art in college? Any tips dealing with my problems? Anything you think I should focus on drawing more?

If you haven't picked up on the slight hints, I'm a big sketch artist. I do little else other than pencil drawings. That reminds me... I have problems with using low contrast... But I'll save that for another time. You've read enough of my ramblings for one post I think.

Karolina

Karolina

cool breeze over the mountains

:) Well I use traditional techniques in my draws (coloured pencils, crayons and ink sometines pastels) but i don't use paints cuz I'm afraid that I can riun my draw ^^' (so it's more safe to use for example crayons:)) but I think that I'm gonna try with paints! And yeah Harakiri use paints - water colour :) he's good :D

Those were the days my friend We thought they'd never end...

mentis

mentis

..art is no luxury..

@ CoolOtaku... If you find yourself unhappy with your creative results, then that is because you are getting in your way :P. When the real creativity you have inside you comes out into your work, you will know it, and it will be a joyful moment. You will know this, because you will feel very happy with what has just happened to you, and that is the moment when you simply need to stop, before you get in the way again and mess it up ;).

i recall that I worked in a similar fashion in high school. I was a perfectionist. And it took me forever to do a piece because i had to get every detail just right. The reason that this is a problem, is because of my (at the time) and your definitions of what is "correct" and what is a "mistake." You have to learn that both of those definitions do not exist. There are no correct works. There are no mistakes. There is only creativity. Take this knowledge with you and seriously think it over. Once you begin to truly "know" this, everything will change.

I think I will post a guide to unleashing that creative side in another thread in a while. It would seem that this is something we all need to see here at MT. And since I have this experience, there is no reason I shouldn't share it.

And as far as tips for getting into art school, I'm afraid that I first started as a psych major, and then changed my major to art. As a result, I didn't actually have to go through the acceptance procedures of the art department. This was unintentional of course, but I suppose that's one sneaky way to do it :P. However, as long as you have a good portfolio, artist's statement, bio, and resume, you should be fine. Just check with the acceptance policies for the school as far as what format they ask portfolios to be in. If the accept printed format, that is actually your best bet. Next best is digital, and my least favorite is the old school slide portfolio, bleh.

@ Karolina... You can try watercolors, but they are not as easy to use at first as you might think. And if you're concerned about ruining your art, then you should try some other paints. There is "gouache" and "acrylic" paint as well, and they are good to try!

CoolOtaku

AllRPGer

Oh, god I hate watercolor paints. I did one of Lain that I like (major contrast issues, too light overall), but other than that it all sucked. :(

My definition of correct comes from what I see. I can't draw what I see any other way. If it doesn't come out like I see it I am completely unsatisfied knowing that I have made such mistakes. I should really post some of my work, so you can get an idea of what I'm talking about. Sadly most of the serious pieces are either still at my school or just lost. Still, I'll round up what I can find and show you what I already have hosted soon enough.

esmerga

Imperfect and Real

i can paint but im not that good, i paint w/ water color

Signature

I look for a new world.
I want to meet you, but I can't.

I tremble wearing them but..
..these awakened wings won't fade away.

mentis

mentis

..art is no luxury..

@ CoolOtaku... It is important to keep in mind that it's not necessary to view something other than what you see as a mistake. And it is not necessary to try and duplicate what you see. I always felt that if one is going to try and make a photorealistic replica of what is seen, then one might as well forget about painting or drawing it and just do photography. The reason why people paint and draw, is because there is something else in such a work besides what which everyone can see.

page 1 of 1 16 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.