Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Proud of your country? - Minitokyo

Proud of your country?

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 125 total items

Are you proud of the country you're living? A small article I read in today's newspaper had interesting statistical breakdown of how the people surveyed was proud of their country. 73% of Americans were proud of their country. 50% of Canadians surveyed was proud of their country. 48% of British was proud of their country. 34% of Germans were proud of country and most surprising only 5% of Japanese surveyed was proud of their country.

I have strong disagreement with current president's foreign and domestic policy but I am proud to be American.

I doubt that only 5% of japs are proud of their country...where's this survey?

Signature Image

lodzio

You're the worst!

I live in Poland. I am proud? Nah. Country is full of unemployement, corruption.

Even if we are indenpendent for 16 years, Poland is still much more poor than countries of the West Europe.

Signature

Proud to be french!

I am also interested by the survey...
Did those people say why they are proud or not ?

For the most part I am proud to be a citizen of the US. There are things in this country that could use improvement.

Signature
	Image[/img]

Blondie4Ever

Blondie4Ever

Adieu...

I am proud to be American.

Signature Image

Quote by SharinganKnightI doubt that only 5% of japs are proud of their country...where's this survey?

I have my doubt too that only 5% of Japanese are proud of their country. This article was on page 3F of Sunday edition of San Jose Mercury news. It was very small article with minimal information except the breakdown of survey by country and listed the source as TNS which I have no clue.

ex-paranoia

pWn3d by Expy

Country may not be perfect, but I'm still proud to be Canadian. I don't know where you got that survey, but it look spretty false to me, I doubt 5% of Japanese people are proud of their country, that's jsut insane.

Of course ^_^

Quote by ex-paranoiaCountry may not be perfect, but I'm still proud to be Canadian. I don't know where you got that survey, but it look spretty false to me, I doubt 5% of Japanese people are proud of their country, that's jsut insane.

I agree with your view. The article was lacking in detail but I felt it was good enough to elicit comment about how people view their country as worthy to be proud of.

95% of the pop. of Japan is discruntled....I wonder which survey wizards came up with those figures?

Signature
	Image[/img]

Quote by griffon95% of the pop. of Japan is discruntled....I wonder which survey wizards came up with those figures?

I'm not sure of the accuracy of this survey either but Japan is deeply troubled country for sure. Recent article from English edition of Mainichi News has this article on high suicide rate in Japan.

http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/archive/200506/02/20050602p2a00m0dm014001c.html

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

I am proud to be an American, and for the most part, I support the USA's foreign policy.

K-Jin

K-Jin

Cloud

I live in England...I don't really care to be honest...

This is my story...I'll end it the way I want...or we'll all die here...

I'm not exactly "proud" to be American, but I do like the way the justice system is run, and the theoretical rights of the people are good. Unfortunately, like any country, corruption appears, and that time happens to be now or very soon.

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

Quote by K-JinI live in England...I don't really care to be honest...

america is too democratic which will results in very few things being accomplished, almost all of them are compromises

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

oMo

Quote by mughimost surprising only 5% of Japanese surveyed was proud of their country.

So five Japanese citizens were surveyed and one wasn't proud, then?

Quote by hiddensnakehands america is too democratic which will results in very few things being accomplished, almost all of them are compromises

And what's wrong with democracy, the point of a total democracy is so that everyone's point is made, and I wouldn't say that very few things get accomplished. I mean, c'mon were not sitting here with our heads up our asses, for the most part. And as I see it, a compromise is a good solution in many cases.

Anyway I'm proud to live in America, despite my dislike for many Americans.

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

yeah i should be proud of my country XD
Not the best but certainly not the worst ^_^

fabismine

fabismine

Aladdin+Anime

I live in Brazil, and I'm not very proud. We work a lot, we're nice people, the land is beautiful and the food has taste... but the politicians screw it all up.

Signature

I'm like a shooting star
I've come so far
I can't go back to where I used to be...

Li-Mei

Li-Mei

Comatose

I don't have a country to be proud of, and it doesn't really matter that much to me anyways.

Signature

Majima

Majima

Love it to Death

I am honored and proud to be an American. Love America, hate federal gov't.

Were already dead really, just most dont know it yet. When you realize this, fear nothing, and you will be set free.

lthnadml

lthnadml

Chasing shadows . . .

Of course ^_^ I am very proud to be Greek. And i'm also very happy to live in Greece.
XD XD XD

A nocturnal concerto,Candlelight whispers me where to go,Hymn of gathering stars as my guide,As I wander on this path of the night

there are a lot of things I like about America, but I'm absolutely disgusted with US foreign policy. I did 4 years in the Army, and didn't care for what I saw one bit. Now there's this stupid war in Iraq, and the idiot that sent us there is still in power..............

Maybe when I get back to the states in a year things will have improved.......

sometimes yes, sometimes not... :sweat:

page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 125 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.