Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Proud of your country? - Minitokyo

Proud of your country?

page 3 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 125 total items

i live in canada..but im chinese!XD well..um canada is very interesting...i guess im proud of it comparing to other countries around the world!XP lalalala since i moved here. i should be proud of zee country!=P
lalala on the other hand, i am proud of china!=D but then agen...it has too much ppl which makes me hate it sometiimes..>.>''

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

cifiryn

cifiryn

~ Erase & Rewrite ~

So... I'm not happy about lots of things going on in Argentina, but I'm proud of being Argentinian :)

I'm living in Denmark now... Not that I like it, but... yea, I'm stuck here at least for a while... I realized how much I love my country, its traditions, language, people and so on, after being far away...

randomspace

randomspace

Why are you here anyway?

proud of the country? not really, disappointed with the people, yeah, is the goverment corrupt, probably. Is it pretty good for the situation, i suppose.

Signature
"life is like an analogy"

Unoffically, but nearly verified, tallest person you'll ever meet. (on MT)

If you stare long enough, it will wink at you. (especially if you go crazy because your staring so long)

Quote by cheetara56in japan, from what i can draw from living there and studying politics, most japanese people are proud to be japanese, most definitely. maybe the people surveyed were not proud of the political leaders, and misunderstood the question of the survey. being proud of your country is one thing, but disapproving of PM koizumi is something many believe and is indeed different.

Would that have something to do with Koizumi expanding the role of the JSDF? I recall reading in the recent issue of Air Force Magazine about that. With the rise of the Chinese, the Japanese government sees that the JSDF (particular its air and sea assets) should shift from its traditional defensive posture to become a offensive capable force to counter any military threat posed China. This policy, spearheaded by Koizumi, seems to be very controversial within Japan.

Signature
	Image[/img]

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

I can't say that I'm proud of my country, but I can say that I'm pretty proud to live in it because the living conditions could be a lot worse than they already are.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

hell yeah...i'm proud to be an american! i feel thankful and fortunate to live in the u.s. we may not be a perfect country, but what country is anyways? i feel relevant in society because my voice can be heard through voting and elections, i'm grateful for the right to dissent without fear of political persecution, and i embrace our beliefs in the competitive/capitalist spirit and becoming self sufficient individuals.

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by bblshell yeah...i'm proud to be an american! i feel thankful and fortunate
to live in the u.s. we may not be a perfect country, but what country
is anyways? i feel relevant in society because my voice can be heard
through voting and elections, i'm grateful for the right to dissent
without fear of political persecution, and i embrace our beliefs in the
competitive/capitalist spirit and becoming self sufficient individuals.

Let's not forget the fact that the American Soldier is the reason the free world even exists at this point.

I am invincible!

Shkira

Shkira

Cake!!

Fun topic, seeing the variety of people we have here!

Quote by liquidravenI'm not very proud of my countsy (Sweden), but I guess it's because we have been at peace for so long. There's simply no need for it. Naa, I'm just guessing here. Anyway I don't think it's a very bad place to live at, but still I'm not proud. Just somewhere in the middle I suppose...

Peace... is a bad thing? I guess there's pros and cons to staying out of other's business.

Quote by BorisGrishenko
Let's not forget the fact that the American Soldier is the reason the free world even exists at this point.

Hell yea!

Proud to be an American. I'll even accept the drunken belligerents. ~_^ It's who they choose to be and people know it.

rinjii-chan

rinjii-chan

x..poetic tragedy..x

No offense to anyone who is proud of the US, but I am definatley not a proud American. There is to much hatred, racism, descrimination, etc. It's really a tragic, cruel place once you think about... -_-

The truth
Is you could slit my throat
And with my one last gasping breath
I'd apologize for bleeding on your shirt

You're So Last Summer -- Taking Back Sunday

Quote by rinjii-chanNo offense to anyone who is proud of the US, but I am definatley not a proud American. There is to much hatred, racism, descrimination, etc. It's really a tragic, cruel place once you think about... -_-

No problem with me that you disagree. Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they are not inflamatory. Your comment though is rather general. Can you give some specific example that led you to your reply?

celebril

celebril

Follower of Toshiya - Basslord!

Am i proud to be english.....don't really care one way or the other, however tony blair is a lying idiot

Signature
	Image Without Toshiya there is nothing!
(colourbar by caged of creep graphics)
Proud member of album-critique // Gacktfans // J-Rockers // JMusic-Quiz-Lovers // Loveless-Neko // MT-UK

rinjii-chan

rinjii-chan

x..poetic tragedy..x

Quote by mughiNo problem with me that you disagree. Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they are not inflamatory. Your comment though is rather general. Can you give some specific example that led you to your reply?

Well, I was raised to be a really tolerant person. As a child when I saw things on the news about gay beatings, racist murders, etc. it got me angry. But children (well, at least me...) don't usually hold grudges, so after time passed, I got over it. But after seeing all this over and over again, it made me hate the US. I don't like how certain people can get away with things, I don't like the way gays are treated, and other things like that. Does that make any sense mughi? Once again to anyone, please do not take offense to what I have said.

The truth
Is you could slit my throat
And with my one last gasping breath
I'd apologize for bleeding on your shirt

You're So Last Summer -- Taking Back Sunday

Cathal

Cathal

ROAR!

I must be part of the 50% that are proud of Canada.

I'm damn proud of Canada. Canada Rocks!

"The mouth of the just shall mediate wisdom, and his tongue shall speak judgment. Blessed is the man that endureth temptation, for when he hath been proved, he shall recieve a crown of life." - Lillium

Quote by rinjii-chan

Quote by mughiNo problem with me that you disagree. Everyone is entitled to their opinion as long as they are not inflamatory. Your comment though is rather general. Can you give some specific example that led you to your reply?

Well, I was raised to be a really tolerant person. As a child when I saw things on the news about gay beatings, racist murders, etc. it got me angry. But children (well, at least me...) don't usually hold grudges, so after time passed, I got over it. But after seeing all this over and over again, it made me hate the US. I don't like how certain people can get away with things, I don't like the way gays are treated, and other things like that. Does that make any sense mughi? Once again to anyone, please do not take offense to what I have said.

Thanks much for your quick reply. Yeah I see the point that is bothering you and I agree. But it is an unfortunate fact that what you said is a problem not only in U.S. but also in other countries of the world. :sweat:

To be honest, I've never really understood the whole "being proud of your country" thing. I mean, I can see how you can like or dislike it, but being proud of it? What's to be proud of? How can you be proud of something when you're only a part of it by chance, and when you have nothing to do with the way that it is? Be proud of what you yourself do and achieve, not of something which you have no control or influence over.
But maybe I think that way because I'm British, and I don't like Britain one bit. On average, we're the most stoned, drunken, disruptive, utterly stupid, prejudiced, ignorant, unhealthy, bellicose, knocked up people in the whole of Europe. Sad thing is, we're proud of it too. Idiocy is celebrated and most people my age have no morals whatsoever (...my god. I sound like my grandad). So yeah, I'm not exactly proud of being British. Most of us suck.

Signature

Quote by envy21To be honest, I've never really understood the whole "being proud of
your country" thing. I mean, I can see how you can like or dislike it,
but being proud of it? What's to be proud of? How can you be proud of
something when you're only a part of it by chance, and when you have
nothing to do with the way that it is? Be proud of what you yourself do
and achieve, not of something which you have no control or influence
over.

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm from Holland and I love that country. Does that mean I wouldn't have been proud if I was born somewhere else? Hell no. I'm a proud person, regardless of the country I'm in. Patriotism is an opiate people feed to you so you don't question stuff.

Be Free and Masturbate

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by rinjii-chanNo offense to anyone who is proud of the US, but I am definatley not a proud American. There is to much hatred, racism, descrimination, etc.
It's really a tragic, cruel place once you think about... -_-

The whole world is that way, actually. Welcome to Humanity.

And like it or not, we actually have most of the world beat on that front.

I am invincible!

mezzed

mezzed

Yakusoku Tenshi

i dont have one XD....so i'm not proud...

Quote by mezzedi dont have one XD....so i'm not proud...

how can you not have a country. o_O

SolidSnake2017

Gravy Train!!

America is a good country no matter what happens. We make a few mistakes and suddenly we are 'the most hated country in the world'. Every society in history has failed and in my opinion the US is one of the best examples of a representational government. I for one am not some liberal who wants to turn America into another Europe, full of small, isolationist feuding countries.
Not to be offensive its just a rare topic that i get charged about

"If you bet there is no God and you win, you win nothing, but if you lose, you lose everything. If you bet there is a God and you win, you win everything, and if you lose, you lose nothing. Rationally speaking, God is the best bet." - Blaise Pascel
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Signature Image
[No one can make you feel inferior without your consent...]

I'm chinese and I'm proud of my country though it has lots of problem to face in a long time~~~

i hate my country

yep!!! I love my country the Philippines, I haven't gone back since 2000.... I miss it

Quote by lthnadmlOf course ^_^ I am very proud to be Greek. And i'm also very happy to live in Greece.
XD XD XD

lucky^^

Signature Image

page 3 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 125 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.