Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Proud of your country? - Minitokyo

Proud of your country?

page 5 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 125 total items

Quote by LaggylaggerI'm Canadian but i don't think i am that proud of Canada......mainly because people act stupid and stuff....

Actually, every country has someone that you or I will consider stupid, have no common sense, rude, racist, greedy, etc. ^_^'

endsoftheworld99

endsoftheworld99

Free and Unfettered

I AM canadian!

Signature Image

~ I am free, unfettered, and without a care in this world which revolves around love, beauty, freedom and life ~

SaKuRa149

SaKuRa149

Sad Blue Angel

Mmm..I dunno....maybe yes n maybe not..
My country is not so famous u know...

Signature
Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage.

ChunkySkillz

ChunkySkillz

~Kira Yamato~

I am and will never be patriotic in my whole life....

Group Administrator of ~ Make-A-Friend ~ MT-Singapore ~ Kira-Lacus~Athrun-Cagalli

Signature Image
Friends need not agree in everything or go always together, or have no comparable other friendships of the same intimacy. On the contrary, in friendship union is more about ideal things: and in that sense it is more ideal and less subject to trouble than marriage is.

well, I'm quite proud of Malaysia but not all the time though...one thing I'm proud of is the food^^

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

akatsukiotoko

akatsukiotoko

jus like that

during the 1990's to 2002 i was very proud of my country and as malaysian because our PM speaks up for us as a voice in the international status now no way after his resign, our current PM ....looks like the party took advantage to increase the prices of almost everything until life has become hard now for us... so i am not proud of my country as a citizen

but i will be proud if our country speaks out against terrorism....

'Signature Image'
I AM A HAPPY MAN 14/11/2005-2/12/2005 IS MY GENERAL EXAMS wish me luck!!!!!!!!

ysb2552

ysb2552

Neko mania

well im korean

and i belive its something that could be pround of

well korean can't be the best country in the world but i love my country and proud to be korean ^_^

Signature

I'm a Korean but I am not really proud of Korea. My friends all boast about how Korea is good and the best. I totally hate that. There is no perfect place on this rotten planet called Earth. Every country has their flaws and bad points. The thing about Korea that I don't like about Korea is that they don't try a new study method. Especially languages. The kids study English all day from tutor bla in school but they don't have progress and their pronunciation stinks. The reason is they just memorize grammar and words too much and don't worry about speaking. They should try speaking in English instead of memorizing all day and forgetting them. If you actually speak English, you might remember better. I learned English not by memorizing all day but by watching TV in English.

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

ItakoLina

ItakoLina

{No Rain cant get the Rainbow}

yesh Im proud of my Country Germany *-*

EsunaMeggy

EsunaMeggy

Bubbly and Eccentric

I'm American and I'm caught between the line of pride and complete and utter disgust. (mainly about Bush and his foriegn policy and the Patriot Act)

Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.
-Mel Brooks

bindermichi

bindermichi

Slayer of Tomatoes

Quote by mughiAre you proud of the country you're living? A small article I read in today's newspaper had interesting statistical breakdown of how the people surveyed was proud of their country. 73% of Americans were proud of their country. 50% of Canadians surveyed was proud of their country. 48% of British was proud of their country. 34% of Germans were proud of country and most surprising only 5% of Japanese surveyed was proud of their country.

I have strong disagreement with current president's foreign and domestic policy but I am proud to be American.

One problem with surveys like this is.. You never know who they've asked to collect their numbers.

I don't know, why it's only 5% japanese, but I guess they just didn't ask the "right" people.

The 34% in Germany can be explained this way: If a german mentions to be proud of his country someone shouts "Nazi" and he's in trouble, because being proud in this case inplies Nationalism, which is bad. And since no one wants to be a nazi, nobody tells you they're proud (which really is a good thing) of the countries achivements.

The +-50% like mentioned in Canada an UK would be a normal percentage for patriotism.

The 75% in the US... well if you don't tell your own people how you're fucking the world, they're proud of everything they do get to know (well, at least the good parts). -> Not talking about Bush. But now they have the internet, and access to foreign, non-US-government-controlled news... and maybe in 10-20 years only 72% of US citizens will be proud of their country.

> BM... I have a dream, but it's to visionary

merged: 11-12-2005 ~ 12:44am

Quote by SaKuRa149Mmm..I dunno....maybe yes n maybe not..
My country is not so famous u know...

Fame doesn't count here.

Remember YOU are part of your country. If you can be proud of yourself, you can be proud of your country as well.

> BM ... being part of it

I am proud to be American, but not happy with the current state of affairs. The rich keep getting richer while the poor get poorer. Companies are taking advantage of poorer countries by out-sourcing jobs for less $$ and paying less for importing the same product they can make here. Our current president is a horrible representative of our country as well as his administration.

echidnaboy726

echidnaboy726

Good eye, sniper

I'm here in "Amuurka," (America, as said by our president) and, I gotta say, I hate our government. The country itself, while it has more than its fair share of problems, is alright, though. There's a lot of freedom here, and I really like that. Regardless, I tend to side more with my Japanese and Chinese heritage than my American citizenship.

i was born in America and im proud to be one...in Vietnam is alot of corruption...i been there...they try to act nice but all they want is your money...they can be quite rude too and try to rip you off...my parents say im lucky to be here and i am ^-^

life is but a dream...
my soul belongs to meli-chan

I'm proud! I'm Finnish! FINLAND! :D :D :D

Signature Image

Yes, I am proud to be an American. My country is not like elts where but to live in this great country is an honor.

When I wrote the original thread, I knew it was skewed but I thought it would elicit response and it has. The survey was from small clipping in San Jose Mercury News with the result but nothing else on how many people were surveyed to get that result.

kaetokyo

kaetokyo

Star Gazer

I'm proud to be an American.

Michie3

Michie3

Nature's Fantasy

I'm proud of my country and believe myself to be very patriotic! ^-^ I just don't approve of or like our current leader because I think he's bringing us down faster than a crashing jet plane. Totally not cool. And I think the media potrays our country as being less than it is... with people like Paris Hilton, etc. We are more than that! She is just a cheap laugh.

I love America and am proud to be American.

Signature

I am proud to be an American. I don't trust this survey though. Did they ever mention how many people they polled?

Quote by RanmaSI am proud to be an American. I don't trust this survey though. Did they ever mention how many people they polled?

See three comments above your comment. I already answered that question.

For me I can say there are two hearts in my chest. At first I am proud to be an Austrian and second I am proud to be an European. But I donĀ“t like people who show their nationality in a to offensive way to others, like running around and telling everybody "My country is the best!".

Cadi

Cadi

True

good question..
.. i'm deff proud of my contry.. its like my home. even though i don't really like what the government is doing right now, and i know there are a lot of weakness too. but i'm not afraid or ashamed to say I'm Chinese...

Signature Image
awsome sig made by kuai^^

well no, to live in germany means not being proud of your country automatically because if you are then you are considered a nazi. ... so no, i'm not. but i was born and have lived for two years in bulgaria so i'm at least proud of bulgaria because it's very small andnobody knows how much potential we have, even if our country is a bit back in technology and has a lot of corruption (we won the world championship in math [i think it was last year] and chess [this year], we founded the cyrillic alphabet, the first person who has invented a electronic digital computer was a bulgarian [atanasoff] ... and we have much more accomplishments that nobody knows of, not even in europe). on top of that bulgaria has a very big culture when and comes to music and art. well and there are a few things you can be proud of like ... bulgaria is known for "printing money", falsefying documents and transpoting vast amounts of drugs from point A to B ... and a lot of hackers come from bulgaria, too ... isnt that great? ... </irony> ... well you get the point.

so yeah that's about it.

page 5 of 6 « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » 125 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.