Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 graduating: how did you feel afterward? - Minitokyo

graduating: how did you feel afterward?

page 1 of 1 23 total items

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

I graduated yesterday from my high school. Yeah I'm happy and all, but I feel kind of weird, like I'm not ready to be out in the world -- too young, if you know what I mean. My folks are supporting my decision to stay home and they've convinced me to attend a community college on a 2-year program so I can stay close and grow up some and learn to deal with being out of high school and still get my education.

How did you feel after graduating from high school? Confused? Elated? Sad? Scared? Or did you have mixed emotions?

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

TurtleEmperor

TurtleEmperor

full-time slacker

Graduating? It's just like any other end of school year. Everytime after graduation, I find myself back in school in 2 or 3 months. I don't feel any difference, IMO. :D

Signature Image
thank May-sama for the siggy ^_^

Same for me. I feel no different. The only thing is that I'll be rid of parents and I have to get a job this summer.

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Its been a couple years since I graduated (2003), but I don't remember feeling much different. I was still going to school the next fall, except it was college. I didn't really feel older or anything...I dunno, it was just like any other summer for me. XD

Congratulations, though. :)

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

i'll be graduation this month. i'm only in grade six. other people in my grade are already crying about. what a bunch of babies. me, i don't really care. u gotta move on with life. no point of crying over it. crying won't stop u from graduating

eclair-chan

eclair-chan

-=addicted to you=-

dont know yet I'll find out on wensday soooo nerve wraking I'm soo nervous but....GOOD BYE middleschool muhahahahaha ^_^' sorry about that

Signature

esmerga

Imperfect and Real

at first i was excited when i graduated from high school, but then after a couple of years, i have this strange feeling of going back to high school, >______< silly ne?

Signature

I look for a new world.
I want to meet you, but I can't.

I tremble wearing them but..
..these awakened wings won't fade away.

grad from university couple months ago... to be completely honest, that is one big stepping stone... feel like you're "finally" facing the real world... but you never know... someday later i may try to get back and try to get another degree

FallingAwake

FallingAwake

Seafaring Swashbuckler

congrats on graduating. Graduating high school wasn't so much of a big deal. I think graduating from college is more life-changing. A lot of my friends aren't even pursuing careers in the fields they've studied in college.

Signature Image

I'm soon to graduate this month, I just have to write my exams. Personally, I don't want high school to end. I took it for granted all these years, but life simply wont be the same. I don't know what to make of graduating quite yet.

esmerga

Imperfect and Real

Quote by VargusI'm soon to graduate this month, I just have to write my exams. Personally, I don't want high school to end. I took it for granted all these years, but life simply wont be the same. I don't know what to make of graduating quite yet.

i do have the same feeling you have there. back then, the feeling is like you wanted to graduate at the same time you dont want to be seperated from your friends. >_<

Signature

I look for a new world.
I want to meet you, but I can't.

I tremble wearing them but..
..these awakened wings won't fade away.

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

I recently "graduated" from College. It's a much different feeling from graduating from high school. At this point, I'm supposed to enter the real world and become some sort of outstanding citizen. As our University's President said, we must all go out into the world and resist the urges of the dark side (it was a very Star Wars oriented commencement speech, quite tacky).

It's one of those events that makes you think about what you've accomplished. I just spent four years of my life at a place away from home, "learning" and "maturing." What have I really learned? Am I really ready for the "real world?" It's frightening to think that my life as an independent thinker is beginning.

Graduating from high school was more of a release for me. I was getting away from all the people I knew, away from home, and I got the opportunity to start over.

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

When I graduated from high school back then, I began to lose contact with all my closest friends at the school.

At first I was thrilled, because I so hated my high school back then, but when everyone else whom you really had great times with, began to break apart - well, it feels as if you've won your freedom away from your parents, but at the same time lost a part of yourself as well.

It's like taking a step into a much bigger world. Oh yes, but afterwards, it wasn't that bad at all. When I went to Japan and stayed there for over 2 years after graduating, it definitely changed my life. I literally loved the place, and was able to make a bunch of new friends there as well. At the end, the experience was really over the edge. It's hard to explain because this can only be experienced by one individual and nobody else - just myself. The best time of my life. University life is quite neat as well. At first it was of course, pretty demanding and stressful, but I was able to pull my act together over on the second semester and dynamite every course out there.

Yaya - It's good to be back in the learning revolution, considering continual education is indeed a fundamental part of life. lol - Go figure. **Tips her hat**

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

I wish I was still enjoying those care-free times in high school...

I'm graduating within june 23........i have no idea how my life will end up. But yeah......

I got out of high school in 2001 (currently in university...anyway) I remember both a sense of relief and a sense of dread

High school was never a truly pleasant proposition for me, so on that level, I was happy to be leaving Hell. On the other, I don't have any dreams or ambitions, so I don't like looking ahead to the future. I don't do optimism, so I'm probably just going to go down in a blaze of fire...oh well, that's just me

geninlv1

geninlv1

untamed

I'm terrified of graduating, terrified of going to university, terrified of what might come my way. I'm also terrified of not graduating, its not that my grades are bad... but still.
I dunno, I thought I'd be relieved getting out of here, ya know, and plot my own course. But now I'm having doubts... Can I make it?

uchiha-saori

uchiha-saori

>>aRchAngeL<<

hmmm... here in the philippines, we just started the school year... i'll be graduating on march... hmmm... i guess that i'm quite excited but still nervous... i haven't picked out a course for college yet...

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

It's good to be out of high school and all, but I was still worried about how the road was just gonna get harder. I was happy until college started......lol.

yeah, i had mixed emotions when i graduated.....fear and elation....im doing the community college thing now...if i wasnt such a truant in high school, i couldve been in the university, but, eh, whatta ya gonna do? .....congratulations on the graduation, exdreamz!...forget the negative emotions man, this is your time to party :D

kawaiiguy

kawaiiguy

Objective reviewer

Quote by geninlv1I'm terrified of graduating, terrified of going to university,
terrified of what might come my way. I'm also terrified of not
graduating, its not that my grades are bad... but still.
I dunno, I thought I'd be relieved getting out of here, ya know, and
plot my own course. But now I'm having doubts... Can I make it?

Everyone has the potential. The best thing you can do is to stick with it. Even if you feel the urge to take off and go home, stick it out. It's not so bad once you get used to it. The biggest adjustment I had to make was with time. 6am suddenly seemed a lot earlier than it used to, and 1am didn't feel all that late anymore. Also, my "earliest class" threshold slowly crept up from 9am to 11am ^^;;

There's a lot of freedom to do whatever you want at College, but that tends to get people without much self control into trouble. Just be careful and you'll be ok!

Signature Image

.:Administrator and contributer of the Minitokyo-review::Proud helper of Chaos-Cross - Help make MT a better place!:.

aaron1

aaron1

air_in_1

Well, for me i had my grad dinner on May 28, 2005. I felt extremely happy that was going to graduate and also i had a date. After this event everything went by so quickly for me and didn't allow me to reflect on my 5 years in high school. Anyways on June 4, 2005 ( a week later) i had my graduating ceremony. After the ceremony i felt a little depressed about me and my friends being split apart.

Well, today is my last day of school and i feel extremely depressed. Probably after the leadership ceremony, i will probably tear up because this may be the last i'm going to see some of my classmates.

I'm not really excited for college right now just that i feel miserable and very depressed about losing some of my friends.

Signature
How many black dots can you see?

oops

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.