Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Help: how can you enlarge an image w/out making it look pixelize - Minitokyo

Help: how can you enlarge an image w/out making it look pixelize

page 1 of 1 12 total items

asta

asta

I'll wait Forever...

Help: how can you enlarge an image w/out making it look pixelized

Hello! Ummm…. Can you guys help me… coz I would like to know how you can enlarge an image w/out making it look pixelized, or how to clean it up… could you please help me? Please?

To all those who posted Thanks in advance ^^

PS: I use Adobe Photoshop 0.7 I also use Jasc software Paint shop Pro 7 but I’m more Familiar with adobe than Jasc

Oh and could someone please tell me how to smoothen edges after extracting? I’m not very Familiar with extracting so all images that I extracted aren’t good…

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

If you have photoshop CS, then when you're going to enlarge an image, I go

Image > Image Size > (insert new dimensions)

And then at the bottom of that screen, you should be able to see "Resample Image". Only in Photoshop CS do you have the option of 'Bicubic Sharper'. Use that and then resize. It only works for small amounts of resizing though. Maybe resizing to 125% of its usual size.

Tama-Neko

Tama-Neko

Invisible

There are numerous methods of smoothing edges of an extract.
Pre-extract methods (Photoshop):
With your area to extract selected, use the Select->Feather and use no more than 1 or 2 pixels of feathering OR with your area to extract selected, use the Select->Modify->Smooth and smooth by 1 or 2 pixels. Then you can copy/cut your image out of the background.
Post-extraction methods (Photoshop):
Duplicate the image layer and transparency-lock it. Then using a small soft brush (such as 3 pixels, 0% hardness) with a dark color sampled from your scan's outlines (usually a dark grey color, not quite black) and carefully brush around the outline to smooth out any imperfections.
If the extraction itself is jaggy, you can try re-masking your image - select the image layer's transparency, use select->modify->contract 1 pixel, and set it as the layer mask. Blur the outline by a small amount (guassian blur 1-2 pixels max) and then using layers or brightness/contrast, readjust the mask so you have a crisp, but not jaggedy, edge on your mask.

ex-paranoia

pWn3d by Expy

re-vector it XD But that's long and tedious.

Quote by ex-paranoiare-vector it XD But that's long and tedious.

you must kidding...

Quote by SuniraIf you have photoshop CS, then when you're going to enlarge an image, I go
Image > Image Size > (insert new dimensions)
And then at the bottom of that screen, you should be able to see "Resample Image". Only in Photoshop CS do you have the option of 'Bicubic Sharper'. Use that and then resize. It only works for small amounts of resizing though. Maybe resizing to 125% of its usual size.

that is correct. if you don't have CS version , you also can try normal sharp options, first sharp edge then sharp one by one. the quality can be improved little bit...

Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good. you'll have to ram them down people's throats.

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

ex-paranoia's advice can help but it will take you long hours. I think she's not kidding. I can do that using CorelDraw, we called that tracing. Turning bitmap into vector drawings. Another one, don't stretch the image. You must increase only the resolution. image>image size>resolution. (Sometimes this doesn't work good in blurred image) You can remove some artifacts in your image by using smart BLUR (you must use this carefully). Do you know how to use Adobe PhotoDeluxe? If you know, this will help you.

asta

asta

I'll wait Forever...

Thank you for ur help but i think i cant do it... I dont even know what vector is.,. but i also have corelknocout is that enough? but i'm not familiar with it... I dont know if i have it....

You cannot create new detail in a picture that was not there originally. Resampling can help hide this to a degree, but it remains true. Vectoring is actually tracing over the original image (essentially redrawing and recoloring it - time consuming) using lines and shapes that can be rendered to any resolution.

I've written some experimental programs for resizing drawn (ie, anime) pictures that use various algorithms to track strokes and shapes, but they have a long way to go.

shijiroken

shijiroken

Angel that finds his "Heaven"

you can go to "good-tutorials.com" for tutorial for smoothing edges after extracting and "http://www.imanimetions.net/main.php?nav=tutorial" for some tutorial on how to make your extract images for colorful....sort... I think there is some tutorials at the sites I give for making an image better or you can use what dark Ingram says, use coreldraw but I'm not familiar with corel, I only know some basics there..
but if your image is pixelated already and you don't have any nice image, I dunno how to fix that... specially when you can see the pixels of color... big square with a color...

Heaven

Shadowlinex

Shadowlinex

Game God

Quote by DarkIngramex-paranoia's advice can help but it will take you long hours. I think she's not kidding. I can do that using CorelDraw, we called that tracing. Turning bitmap into vector drawings. Another one, don't stretch the image. You must increase only the resolution. image>image size>resolution. (Sometimes this doesn't work good in blurred image) You can remove some artifacts in your image by using smart BLUR (you must use this carefully). Do you know how to use Adobe PhotoDeluxe? If you know, this will help you.

A vector means many things. Revectoring in this case means to basicly resraw the image at the proper dimensions. Vector is a form of artwork as well that doesn;t have many colors other then shades of the same colors used in the art.

"Death means nothing to me, however death means defeat. I refuse to be defeated!"
Signature

Sakura-K

Sakura-K

::+Wingless Heart+::

oh yeah! use Adobe Illustrator that's good...well we just started to learn that at school ^^ *nodz*

Signature

asta

asta

I'll wait Forever...

thanks for your help guys ^^

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.