Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Bluetooth and Windows - Minitokyo

Bluetooth and Windows

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Is it just me who thinks using Bluetooth with Windows sucks? I have a USB dongle and at first, it worked alright, if a little slowly. I'm using X.P and SP1, so everything should be fine and dandy, but no. Half the time it won't recognise my phone and when it does, the dongle has to have been in for an hour or so.

Anyone else find this? Also, if anyone says that Bluetooth works really well with Macs, I will poke them with a mighty stick ;) .

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

http://aa-chan.net/blog/

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

I wish I knew. I've been tempted to get a dongle (what a great word that is! ;) ) but eerything seems to go wrong when it comes to me a phones :p

ThePanda

ThePanda

Muffin Bucket

Everyone I know who has owned bluetooth devices for their pc has regretted buying them. I personally avoid them. The only bluetooth accessories I know of that work well are headsets for cellphones (except for the fact that you have to sync it every time you turn the phone on). USB 2.0 > Bluetooth. x_x

Signature

I use Bluetooth heavily at work (Object Push service being the sole service I use). It works flawlessly on all my Windows-based system, which means: 1) it recognises all mobile phones that are trying to access it, 2) files can be sent to the computer with no hassle, 3) the dongle can be plugged to any computers (that already has the driver installed and service running).

The only time we had trouble with bluetooth was when the dongle itself shorted out and when someone accidentally kicked off the dongle (snapping it apart). You probably have a bad bluetooth dongle (or a bad driver). Try a different one.

Regards.

Yeah, I use bluetooth ^_^ just to transfer my pictues I made on my cellphone and some other stuff, like ringtones that i use bluetooth to transfer it to my phone ^_^ its fun actually ^_^

Signature Image

Alex204

Seeking Rakuen

I have a usb BT dongle (d-link) i use with my laptop and it works fine with my phone (nokia). though i am using xp with SP2 (which has better BT support). Bemused works like a dream!
But have yet to find a way to get a BT headset to connect as an audio device... :(

Quote by Aa-chanAlso, if anyone says that Bluetooth works really well with Macs, I will poke them with a mighty stick ;) .

i will second that!

Quote by ThePandaEveryone I know who has owned bluetooth devices for their pc has
regretted buying them.

it does take some time to learn the strangeness of BT and XP, but once working it is really great! espically for bemused! (allows series 60 phones to remote control winamp via BT)

Signature
"Rules are there to make you think before you break them."

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

I'll try reinstalling the driver and seeing if it works. It tells me that my Bluetooth dongle is in a stopped state, but I don't know how to turn it on. I don't ever remember telling it to stop XD .

Any ideas?

Follow AA-CHAN as he teaches English in South Korea and enjoys his K-Pop music fandoms up close!

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

i don't use Bluetooth currently because i don't need it. I can do what i want thanks to infra red ... and it works everytime. The recognition delay is very quick and it transfers pics from cellphone in half a second.
I don't know what you use bluetooth for, but if it's only for basic function, maybe could you switch to infra red. Nearly all laptops have a built in port and usb models were about 70$ in the past.
I hope it helps

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

yamazaki

yamazaki

what the ??

im using widcomm blutut dongle with my win xp sp 1. so far it never have a problem detecting my n 6600...wokrs fine ^^ v !

Signature

signature by: k1ru ^_~ thanks alot girl
thanks to k1ru for the signature ^_~

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Quote by papyworldi don't use Bluetooth currently because i don't need it. I can do what
i want thanks to infra red ... and it works everytime. The recognition
delay is very quick and it transfers pics from cellphone in half a
second.
I don't know what you use bluetooth for, but if it's only for basic
function, maybe could you switch to infra red. Nearly all laptops have
a built in port and usb models were about 70$ in the past.
I hope it helps

Infra-red is painful. It always complains for me unless it's lined up perfectly >_> .

faiz138

faiz138

Live Free

yeah i use BT often, in work and friend's.
and my PC have a BT too.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Quote by Aa-chanInfra-red is painful. It always complains for me unless it's lined up perfectly smiley .

So true. My old phone had infrared. Never worked when I wanted it too. -_-

i have no personal experience with Bluetooth. However, my friend's Sony Ericsson phone is working just fine with Bluetooth.

I'm getting a new phone, currently shipping, that is bluetooth compatable. I will test it out and see. lol

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

I've heard some bad things about Blue Tooth in general so I don't buy them. I'm actually a little worried about the PS3 which is supposedly going to have blue tooth controllers.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Bluetooth in general sucks as an "everything under the sun" technology. It is just asking for trouble. Give me wires or secure wireless any day.

I am invincible!

IcyFyre

IcyFyre

I love WoNdeRL@nD

im very lost! what are we talking about? -_-?

Signature
~*We come to love by seeing an imperfect person perfectly*~

DarkVirus

DarkVirus

::Nobody::

I never had the wirless bluetooth earset, but i think it can be a real hassle when u have other wireless material, it just might mess up with the other wireless materials.

retire

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

Bluetooth is kind acool actually ^_^.
i used it pretty often, to uploading songs to cellphone .
I'd like to get bluttoh mouse and keyboard as well >.<
Since at the moment i only use it for cellphone >.>

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Quote by IcyFyreim very lost! what are we talking about? -_-?

Bluetooth. Clues is in the title of the thread ^^;; .

ex-paranoia

pWn3d by Expy

The Bluetooth Dongle itself works, however the interfacing between the dongle and the Windows Operating system has some bugs, and have yet to be worked by Sony and it's affiliates. One of the major problems is transfer of files from the phone to the PC, the other way around works mostly fine. Interfacing needs to be fixed up quite a bit, but now Since Sony has the new Bluray Disc Technology to work on, I dobut they will spend any time on Bluetooth technology.

suzuki

Shut up the fuck you must!

never had any problems with it
Windows XP SP2 sweex dongle

Holt

Holt

pffft

Never used bluetooth myself but I hear from friend's that the security on those things are incredibly poor.

Signature Image

Rizy123

Rizy123

*AM active now, msg me baby ;)*

All my friends at skool use their bluetooth on their fones to send videos to each other and stuff and I'm sure it works for all of them..
I never realised that there were such flaws...
Gah I have to keep my old fone..

Anyone there explain to me how bluetooth works.. I've always wanted to ask that ^_^

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Aa-chan

Aa-chan

AA-CHAN

Quote by HoltNever used bluetooth myself but I hear from friend's that the security on those things are incredibly poor.

Same, but as it's only between my phone and my comp, it's not too bad.

Quote by Rizy123
Anyone there explain to me how bluetooth works.. I've always wanted to
ask that ^_^

It's just a wireless protocol ^^ . Can transfer files wirelessly.

Rizy123

Rizy123

*AM active now, msg me baby ;)*

That simple? I'm such a n00b on new-ish technolgies..quite a few people dont know what it is though.
Didn't they do a big advertising thing for it?!

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 36 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.