Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 what program do you recommend me to replace kazaa? - Minitokyo

what program do you recommend me to replace kazaa?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 47 total items

kuzuryume

kuzuryume

~~Daughter Of The Wind~~

all this time i have been using kazaa to download my anime music/videos... now with the new version and its active/annoying gain/other spyware, i'm serously considering changing to another program...but i don't know which is better for downloading anime stuff... and that doesn't have that spyware problem as kazaa..

can you recommend me a good one?

...and remember, your dreams are the wings that will help you fly ~m^_^m~

liquidraven

liquidraven

Generic Newbie

Well, I'm using LimeWire, which is basically the same thing as Kazaa, minus the spywares and fakes and plus Open Source, but if you dare try something new, I recommend BitTorrent, wich is great for bigger files. I dare not speak very loud about this, tho- I've already seen the reactions discussions like this one tend to bring form the owners/admins of the board. Basically, BitTorrent is a client (I assume you don't know very much if you you have been using Kazaa up until now- no offence meant) that you install in your system, and then you download metafiles from a "tracker", which is the server that keeps track of all users and files. The metafile is just a couple of kilobytes and when opened with the client (I recommend Azureus- azureus.sourceforge.net) it connects to all other users down- or uploading the file you're interested in. This means:
a) you can't avoid uploading in any easy way (without modifying the program that is)
b) the transfer is much more effective then the old way (for example in kazaa, Direct Connect or FTP).
Now you just need to find a tracker. (cough, gough, google, cough, "anime+bittorrent",cough), but rember that BT is not very good for small downloads such as single songs.

If you feel you're interested and want a list of trackers- take it on a PM or something, I don't want to get banned ;)

Note to any moderator/administrator trying to ban me for teaching people how to download warez: I actually don't. Many linux distributions for example are distributed this way nowadays.

Sammael

Sammael

Angel of Death

Limewire is a good program, but I still w/ Kazaa 2 my musics...

Try downloading a program called eTomi. It surpasses Kazaa by a lot because it has no spyware and you get major search results.

I use LimeWire for music and videos so heh

chichiri1907

chichiri1907

Sweet Dreams

I love limewire but my brother says it sux so he uses kiwialpha^^
Hope that helps^^

Signature Image
Suuki <3 made the amazing avatar/sig. set

LimeWire is the way to GO :) :D

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I use Ares.

http://aresgalaxy.com/

I really like it. No spyware, easy to use, and it works fast. :)

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

I use Shareaza. It's a little harder to set up but it connects to several different networks.

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

someguy66

someguy66

The FlameHaze

I used to use Exeem but now i use Limeware and Ares.

Signature

I always use bit torrent, the only problem is more than half the people dont know how to use it and end up making everyone else lag.

inoesomestuff

because i dont noe much

o.O limewire and ares has spyware

use KLR (for kazaa network) or edonkey network or gnutella network client

~nothing to say~

Bearsharelite and emule is good.

Signature

I like WinMX or eMule.

ThePanda

ThePanda

Muffin Bucket

BT/irc/DC++. I can find pretty much everything I need within at least one of those three.

Signature

Shadowlinex

Shadowlinex

Game God

Learn the several ways of Bittorrent. :D
There are so many sites you can get stuff off.

"Death means nothing to me, however death means defeat. I refuse to be defeated!"
Signature

Laggylagger

Master Loafer/Slacker

Should use Bittorrent for large files.
Smaller files, get something smaller like Shareaza, dc++, WinMX, and some others (can't find it)

try LimeWire!!! it's awsome!!!!!!
i use it all the time
:D

kaolla-kake

kaolla-kake

Guitar Goddess

I use Limewire...it's really good

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Quote by AngelKateI use Ares.

http://aresgalaxy.com/

I really like it. No spyware, easy to use, and it works fast. :)

I use to use Ares, but now I can't get it to connect at all. -_-... SO now I use Limewire.. But torrents, is the way to go for downloadnig these days.

Signature

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

gotta go with bit torrent. its the best ive found so far

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.
Roadie of .::DarK LeaF::.

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

Quote by w00tI always use bit torrent, the only problem is more than half the people
dont know how to use it and end up making everyone else lag.

thats actually pretty funny or they pretend to be uberleechers like me

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

limewire has so many users, its easier to get small downloads..

I'm using a combination of Bittorrent (slow at times) and KazaaLite K++, which is Kazaa minus the spyware and such.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 47 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.