Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 i have cancer >_< - Minitokyo

i have cancer >_<

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 85 total items

tecnophreak

tecnophreak

retired user

yay. jsut a couple of days ago, i found out that i have papalary cancer. Although this is the most easily treated type, i will have to have surgery to take out my thyroid, (which the cancer is on) and then i will have to take thyroid hormones ofr the rest of my life. meh. what fun. after the surgetry i wont be able to drive for a week, work, or pick up anything eavy for a month. and im sure they arent tellin me something to make something worse later on, soooo.....

question: do you know anyone who has had cancer, and how did they deal with it/ are they dealing wiht it?

Signature

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

D*mn doctors that's always their plan so they can get more money out of you lol. Seriously that sucks and sorry to hear it. Cancer sucks anyway you look at it. Atleast it was diagnosed before it had a chance to do some real damage. Ofcourse I've never heard of papalary cancer before so I really don't know how dangerous it can be.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

azndude88

azndude88

AznDude88

aw that is horrible i wish u the best of luck i no nothing will happen to you :sweat: :( please get better

What Can Any One Do ?

:( thats horrible im so sorry hun, i hope you get better >_< if ya need anything just ask, nope ive never met someone who had cancer :(

Signature Image

Beccieboo

H e l l o . . .

omg!!! that suckas so much. i hope you get better. my uncle had lung cancer from smoking and dies a few monthe after diagnosed. i really hope yopu get better and that the doctors aren't hiding anything from you. well ttyl

Beccie XxX

I'm still here. . . all thats left of yesterday. . .

Kuzain

eeto...uumo...

Thyroid cancer is pretty bad but it could have been worse. Just take it easy after the surgery, always remember your hormones, and you should probably watch your diet more carefully than you did before. I had a friend that went through the exact same thing and it all worked out fine for her, so I'm sure you'll be alright too!

~*Signature
	Image*~
Osaka-san!

OracleAngel

Retired Moderator

OracleAngel

-... de lovbot-

Gahh thats not good Techno, i hope you have a good surgery and everything will be good all the way but yeah my uncle had cancer of the lungs, had Chemotheraphy but he died just a few months ago so yeah i think the smoking thing is a trend in my Moms family in the men side so ya i think im starting to smoke but im not sure anymore. Oh well good luck! :)

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Aww..how awful. :( I hope you get better soon.

My grandma had breast cancer and she survived, but my grandpa (different set of grandparents) had lung cancer from smoking, and it eventually killed him. :( Its good that yours is easy to treat though. Just remember to do what the doctors say, even it is sounds lame, so you dont hurt yourself more. Best wishes to you on a speedy recovery.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

weedy98z

weedy98z

full metal geek

that sucks cancer ithat's not cool i am glad yours is treat able
that's good
i how a couple of people who have cancer
one person my neighbor died from it aND MY UCLE DIED TO FROM IT
MY had breast cancer
but she got it treated
good luck with the treat ment i hope iut goes well
please tell me how it went
see yah around

shyxsakura

Retired Moderator

shyxsakura

poopoo

good luck with the operation ..

the only form of cancer that i know of ... is cervical cancer .... and it's in my mom's side of the family .. and my mom had it too but she's good now ... t_______t but im hella scared ..

butbut ^-^ i hope everything goes alright .. hang in there ...

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

My step-dad's sister had cancer of the face. It was too late to do anything constructive by the time they discovered it. She was incredibly strong thoughout her final years. The chemo (sp?) make her weak and sick so much. Physically she was a shadow of her former self... but damn, if you got on the wrong side of her, you'd soon know that her spirit hadn't diminshed! In the end she gave up on the chemo though. It was taking to much out of her, and even though she knew what would happen it was her decision... and there was no talking her out of it, no matter how hard you tried.

Thankfully no one in my family has any kind of cancer. Unfortunately my mom has had a lot of friends who've had it in one form or another. Some have passed away now, some have come through it, others are still fighting... but the one I feel for most is my mom. The emotional drain it's having on her to see so many friends go through this, it's as if she's going through it herself at times :(

I'm deeply sorry you're going through this Techno, but it's good news that you can come through it. I hope it's not too painful & you'll be fighting fit and back on your feet in no time :)

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

Cancer is very common in my family, so I have a lot of experience around people being treated and passing away from it. It is always a fear in my my mind because it is so common in our family's history. How old are you?, I hope that's not rude to ask.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

ayane-heine

ayane-heine

::__ToMaTO__::

hmm.. tecnophreak.. :( dont worry you will be fine later.. dont worry.. *prays for tecnophreak*

my mother got cancer when i was small.. :( she died when i'm very small.. i grow up with my precious daddy and sister.. i was always crying when i'm small becoz i cant accept the death of my mum.. but i grow up stronger than most of my friends now.. :) and here i am.. :D

__* Fresh Feelin 4eva *__
Signature

ThePanda

ThePanda

Muffin Bucket

I wish you a problem-free operation and a quick recovery. Easily treatable or not, cancer is quite an ordeal.
My mother had breast cancer, which was detected early enough to be operated on. I was amazed at how fast she healed, because the day she got home from the hospital she was already telling me that my room was a mess. Go mom. x_x

Signature

Good luck with the operation, Tecnophreak. It's never good to hear that people got cancer... I wish you the best

Be Free and Masturbate

ltnguyen

ltnguyen

LockedHeart

Oi oi people, let's stop talking about who you know died from cancer ok? I don't think you are helping at all. Really... Think about it.

tobiast88

tobiast88

No patience for fools.

I am so sorry. I hope you'll get treated fast, well, and I sincerely hope you'll stay with all of us ;) Hang on to life with all you have, cuz you only get one! :D So live long, and smack that cancer! Positive thinking! :nya:

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." Sinclair Lewis, Litterature Nobel Prize winner.
Join the groups!
http://mt-atheists.minitokyo.net/ ---> for science vs religion discussion
http://mt-gay-straight-club.minitokyo.net/ ---> for tolerant people

Answearing Ur question, yes I do know someone who had cancer, an exgirlfreind of mine, I can remember the kind of cancer she had, it had some weird long name i can't recall.
anyway she was treated, and she is alright now, she is finishing her studies, and she has an aerobics class, her life goes on.
I cannot begin to thing how it feels to have cancer tho, but one thing I'm certain, giving up and getting depressed is not the best opction, U rather have a positive way of thinking.
I know I'm no one to tell U that... but thats all I can say.
take care
un abrazo

i noe a person who had cancer. when she first found out that she had cancer, she n her family were realli worried. they did all they could, but she still couldnt get better. she took all kind of medicines, but the cancer wouldnt go away. and since she's a catholic, she went to god n prayed. and u noe wat, she's okay now ^^ i think she got better cuz of 2 things, one is cuz her love 4 god, the other is cuz eventhough she knew that she got cancer, she still lived everyday happily like she used to ^^

jeniferdono

jeniferdono

Sleepless

Chemo sucks. I hope you don't have to go on that. It'll mess up your blood levels and you'll have to take More medicine such as procrit and neupagin. I've been on both.

I didn't have cancer so I didn't get chemo but I was on a drug similiar to chemo called peg interferon for hep c, which I got as a baby from a blood transfusion.

You can get thru this. I start treatment again July 10th for some experimental stuff because peg interferon wasn't working.

Your type of cancer is highly treatable :)

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

My younger brother, grandfather, both grandmothers, a great aunt, and an great uncle have all had cancer. My brother had meduloblastoma, cancer of the medulla, my maternal grandmother had breast cancer, my paternal grandmother has melanoma, and they're all still alive. My grandfather and his brother (my great uncle) passed away in 2003 and my great aunt passed away on my best friend's birthday in 2004.

My brother was just a baby, so he doesn't remember. I dunno about my maternal grandmother, but my paternal grandmother is refusing to let it get her. Granddad, my grandfather who passed away, just lived for the day.

Cancer is my biggest fear, and it is something I hope will go away and never haunt me again. I may have never had it, but it's all over my family, so I have every reason to fear it. I wish you the best and you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Godo luck.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

Piotrek

Piotrek

Sound The Drones

Hope everything goes well with your surgery and that you`ll recover very quickly. It`s gonna be alright! Don`t worry and never ever let the bad thoughts reach you! ^_^

Signature

yuki456

yuki456

"Idiots die hard..." Kouga

ohh, yes. I too, wish you the best of luck in your operation! Thank goodness they found out about it sooner, ya know? But yes, try and take it easy after the operation and always try and think positve toughts, it helps out alot. (trust me, i stress out alot!) and once again, Good Luck! ^__^

Signature
Special thanks to May for such a beautyfull signature
and for being so kind an patient w/ me!!!
Arigato!!!! ^___~

thats so sad but I'm sure you will be fine. ^_^

page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Next » 85 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.