Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The meaning of "fail" - Minitokyo

The meaning of "fail"

page 1 of 1 18 total items

pamelaho

pamelaho

*iyellowbus...

When you say you "fail" a test (or "bomb" a test), do you mean...

- 99.9%?
- 0.1% to an "A"
- below 50%?

All my friends are telling me they "failed" their exams, and when I ask them what they got, they replied 99%. Heh, if you're that type of person, you're driving me crazy. Me? I'm probably one of those people who think "failing" is anything below an "A". Hey, "B"'s on report cards are that nice to look at, unless you have straight B's.

Do people who tell you they "fail" a test (99%) annoy you? They sure annoy me.

Signature

Latest Wallpaper: Hidamari no Tami - Vector

Jinzhou

Retired Moderator

Jinzhou

Forsaken God

I considered it this way:

Failed: Under 90%.
Bombed: Under 80%

Anything that is technically "Failing" as in, under 70%, I've never done it.

Signature
Yes, I am god. Infallibility at its greatest.

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

oy that most foul of words.
failed: anything under a 70% (Grades continuosly rieceived in math. Yes I was that bad)
bombed: under 50% (again Math grades. THe lowest a 20 >.< stupid antiderivatives.)

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Failure, in my part, is anything below 65%. However, because some people are so used to getting straight As, they think that anything less is considered failing, and it hurts them in such a way. I wouldn't complain at all if I got a B because it's at least an 85. That's good to me.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

This i what I consider failing:
Below 100% is failing for me. But that basically just sums up what annoys you.

Yeah, failed is under 70% bombed, i guess is when you do terribly. If that is the case, bombed is below 0% (got -10% once on my physics exam :) ) still passed with A.

under 60% is a failure.

Cadi

Cadi

True

under my consideration, or you can say my parent's:
fail: anything below 95%
bombed: anything below 85%
>.<.. usually its under 50% but I've never gotten there>.<

Signature Image
awsome sig made by kuai^^

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

If it's a C I say that I failed only because I know I could do so much better.

Why do you kill the joy of death?

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

To me, I only fail if I really truely did fail (60% or below). I've "bombed" a test if I get below about 75%. Anything above that and I'm usually pleased with myself.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

According to my parents-anything below a 90
Me-Below 80

oops

You guys speak American so well, I can hardly understand what is going on.

I say fail is when you don't even try/ don't rock up on the day.

If everybody knows just who you are, then your walk on role becomes a major part. Have you ever attempted to be yourself? When everybody wants you to be someone else... Going up and down and back again..

failed: below 80%
bombed: omg!!! what's my score again? below 70%???? dear earth, suck me in!!! or the truth is... suck my test!! (so that my parents can't see it...) hey... that's a good idea... why don't i bury my score to the ground?? hope the tree grow well... he he he (sly smile)

dalidadod

dalidadod

..:nya:..

Quote by AngelKateTo me, I only fail if I really truely did fail (60% or below). I've "bombed" a test if I get below about 75%. Anything above that and I'm usually pleased with myself.

yea me too ^_^'

50 is pass point for me any below is failing but i always get 70% and up which isnt that good either

aiya.

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Moe's Hunter :D

failed : Below 70%...got some.."Remedial" at my place.. Damn..
Bombed : 0% !!!! GOT THIS score AT MY economy Test!!!

Signature
Nya~~ pretty thx to PAche for this sig :P
lolz....i got the Haruhism Fever T_T

Mizuna

Mizuna

Lazy

Neither. Not showing up for tests dosen't count for either "failing" or "bombed" since i wasen't there to put any effort into it.

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity..."

"One of life's greatest gifts, the gift of making a mistake."

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.