Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Edit: Anyone here's near-sighted and how bad is that? - Minitokyo

Edit: Anyone here's near-sighted and how bad is that?

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 50 total items

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

Since I saw many people in my school and in society are short-sighted. I just wonder are you one of them? If so what you prefer to use, glasses or contact lenses and are you comfortable with what you use?
I really appreciate all the replies. Thanks *bows*

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

i think i dont understand you, but i use glasses and i feel good, i hate contact ones.^^

Signature Image

Kyo26

Kyo26

Miuseiki

glasses...contatcs too troublesome 4 me...but either is fine

Signature

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

Quote by jakudoshigirli think i dont understand you, but i use glasses and i feel good, i hate contact ones.^^

You understand me quite well indeed. Now I know that you're short-sighted and you prefer to use glasses to contact lenses ^_^
Thanks for participating by the way :)

Quote by Kyo26glasses...contatcs too troublesome 4 me...but either is fine

I know what you mean, I use contact lenses myself. I have trouble when I first use them but now I'm fine and really comfortable with them indeed ^_^

- Bill Wilson -

shinsengumi

Retired Moderator

shinsengumi

. . . remember me?

*grins* you mean near-sighted, not short-sighted. The two actually mean different things; to be shortsighted is to lack foresight and to only consider and plan for the short-term, while being nearsighted means you can see things nearby but faraway things tend to be blurry without corrective lenses.

s h i n s e n g u m i
Minitokyo Policy, Forum, Review, and Category Maintenance Moderator Emeritus

Do not expect to be applauded when you do the right thing, and do not expect to be forgiven when you err, but even your enemies will respect commitment, and a conscience at peace is worth a thousand tainted victories.

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

Quote by shinsengumi*grins* you mean near-sighted, not short-sighted. The two actually mean different things; to be shortsighted is to lack foresight and to only consider and plan for the short-term, while being nearsighted means you can see things nearby but faraway things tend to be blurry without corrective lenses.

Oh well, thanks for pointing that out but I think near-sighted or short-sighted are both ok.
Yeah, it's really easy getting confused by those terms since short-sighted can be understood as not thinking farther, just for temporary or short-term period as you mentioned. To avoid confusing here, I'll change the title just to make sure. Thanks ^_^

- Bill Wilson -

bani-kyu

bani-kyu

"The Cat's Meow"

I'm on the worse end of near-sightedness in my one eye, and to a lesser extent in the other. Personally, I don't mind my glasses - most say I look better with glasses than without, so, for me it's almost become an accessory. Plus, I could totally see myself leaving contacts in for too long and my eyes drying up.
Alternatively, if you asked any of my friends who have contacts, they'd tell you the complete opposite and say that contacts are far better for them. It's just a matter of opinion.

seiryumiko

seiryumiko

aka nike13

you have no idea, im actually just closer to blind now (originally nearsighted); i wear contacts since i hate having to puch glasses up my nose constantly; i lost my 20-20 vision in 5th grade and now its so bad that without anything to help me see i cant read anything unless its literally right in front of my face. mostly my eyesight problem is heriditary but i read a lot and am a computer science major so looking at computer screens and straining my eyes is what ill always be doing

there's always laser surgery

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

i'm pretty bad with my near-sightedness... i wear glasses, but i've tried contact lenses... for me the contacts were ok for when i was playing sports, but they were a pain to put in every morning. so i ditched the contacts and am now content with my glasses. XP

Signature Image

Dragus

Dragus

DarkDragonKnight

I can see good now but by the amount of video games i play and t.v i watch and i might have to be using glasses soon ahahha. cool thread Barbara

Signature
-DragonKnight of the Flame Kingdom-

phresh27

phresh27

"Daisuki!" -Wiz of DNAngel.

uhhh... well... i cant see half an arms lengths away and i cant really read books without them atleast ten centimeters away so i guess that makes me nearsighted. by the way, i use glasses (hi5)

Yes I wear contact lenses now, though I have worn glasses also for a few years now. I still use them sometimes, if my eyes get tired. But I'm more comfortable with contacts usually, cos theyre better for sports and for going out places.

seiryumiko

seiryumiko

aka nike13

Quote by fireflywishesi'm pretty bad with my near-sightedness... i wear glasses, but i've
tried contact lenses... for me the contacts were ok for when i was
playing sports, but they were a pain to put in every morning. so i
ditched the contacts and am now content with my glasses. XP

there are contacts you can wear to bed at night, i was having the same problem as you (definately not awake enough to put something in my eye before school) so i got the thiner contacts so my eyes can still shead and breathe without them getting irritated. and these are disposable too, so after a week, you just change your pair (sometimes 2 weeks)

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

i wear glasses...when i first got them i could only things that were near me....then i never went to my eye doctor for a year and now everything is blury even if u put it right infront of my face....*sighs* i'm never going to make the same mistake ever again.

I'm fairly near-sighted...I can't see about ten feet away without help. I use glasses, contacts worked terribly for me when I tried them. ~_~

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Oh yes, I'm very near-sighted. I can't see anything past about 5 inches in front of me.

i prefer my glasses to contacts; my eyes are very sensitive, and contacts would irritate my eyes anyway.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

Quote by bani-kyuI'm on the worse end of near-sightedness in my one eye, and to a lesser extent in the other. Personally, I don't mind my glasses - most say I look better with glasses than without, so, for me it's almost become an accessory. Plus, I could totally see myself leaving contacts in for too long and my eyes drying up.
Alternatively, if you asked any of my friends who have contacts, they'd tell you the complete opposite and say that contacts are far better for them. It's just a matter of opinion.

Yeah, I know what you mean. The thing here is when you get used to something, you find it more comfortable than the other ones. When I first used my contacts, I told myself that I just tried it for a while then would use my glasses again. But then, I get used to it and now it's terrible to have to use glasses again.

Quote by seiryumikoyou have no idea, im actually just closer to blind now (originally nearsighted); i wear contacts since i hate having to puch glasses up my nose constantly; i lost my 20-20 vision in 5th grade and now its so bad that without anything to help me see i cant read anything unless its literally right in front of my face. mostly my eyesight problem is heriditary but i read a lot and am a computer science major so looking at computer screens and straining my eyes is what ill always be doing
there's always laser surgery

Wow, sounds scary to me, my eyes are not that bad, without glasses or contacts I can see but not clearly enough. So you must wear contacts all the time then.
Laser surgery is a good idea, why don't you try then?

Quote by fireflywishesi'm pretty bad with my near-sightedness... i wear glasses, but i've tried contact lenses... for me the contacts were ok for when i was playing sports, but they were a pain to put in every morning. so i ditched the contacts and am now content with my glasses. XP

Ah...I can see many people have problems with contact lenses. I don't really have problem with putting them in but sometimes when they're getting dry, it's really irritated and I always have Lens Drops in hand whenever needed :(

Quote by DragusI can see good now but by the amount of video games i play and t.v i watch and i might have to be using glasses soon ahahha. cool thread Barbara

Oh....good for you, take good care of your eyes then you never have to touch that kind of glasses ^_^ Thanks, it's nice to know that you think this thread is cool :)

Quote by phresh27uhhh... well... i cant see half an arms lengths away and i cant really read books without them atleast ten centimeters away so i guess that makes me nearsighted. by the way, i use glasses (hi5)

I don't remember how I was near-sighted before, may be because I was watching too much TV. I actually just wear contacts when I have to go outside like to school or having party. When I'm at home, without contacts I can read book or typing on computer, no biggy ^_^

Quote by crsgYes I wear contact lenses now, though I have worn glasses also for a few years now. I still use them sometimes, if my eyes get tired. But I'm more comfortable with contacts usually, cos theyre better for sports and for going out places.

I totally agree with you, using glasses is more convenient in a way such that you can take them off or wearing them back on anytime you want. It'll take a while to do so with contacts plus it's not good for your eyes if you do so :)

Quote by seiryumikothere are contacts you can wear to bed at night, i was having the same problem as you (definately not awake enough to put something in my eye before school) so i got the thiner contacts so my eyes can still shead and breathe without them getting irritated. and these are disposable too, so after a week, you just change your pair (sometimes 2 weeks)

I don't know how good that kind of contacts are supposed to be. A whole day having something in my eyes is rather enough and I would sleep better if I have them taken off. Though night contact lenses are very convenient when you wake up late in the morning and don't have time to put them on as you mentioned above

Quote by melymayi wear glasses...when i first got them i could only things that were near me....then i never went to my eye doctor for a year and now everything is blury even if u put it right infront of my face....*sighs* i'm never going to make the same mistake ever again.

I think it's quite normal for you to check your eyes every two years. I did so and my eyes weren't getting worse until now. But well, if you feel something strange about your eyes, you should go to the doctor at once

Quote by StarryMidnightI'm fairly near-sighted...I can't see about ten feet away without help. I use glasses, contacts worked terribly for me when I tried them. ~_~

Ah...as I said, contacts are really difficult to use at first but since you get used to them, it should be fine then :)

Quote by AngelKateOh yes, I'm very near-sighted. I can't see anything past about 5 inches in front of me.

i prefer my glasses to contacts; my eyes are very sensitive, and contacts would irritate my eyes anyway.

Oh wow, I think I can see farther than you. My eyes are sensitive too but may be they somehow love contact lenses *chuckles*

- Bill Wilson -

*pouts* what a topic, my eyes are perfectly fine but I want to wear glasses, sun glasses for example *snickers*
I only wear contact lenses when I want to change the color of my eyes, hehe...........

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Yeah I'm near sighted. I wear glasses and I must say I'm going as bland as a bat during the day. My vision just keeps getting worse.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

macky

macky

The Hidden Ninja

im .. far sighted... so i can se stuff close but not far away... well... that sucks too... but i might get contacts.... but im thinking about it...

Signature
|||||||||||| SnoW-KreW | Macky-Media | TheGrungeFamily |OmegaAnime |Aspiring-Mafia |||||||||||

Representing the Aspiring Mafia in W.A.R

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

Quote by Bubbletea*pouts* what a topic, my eyes are perfectly fine but I want to wear glasses, sun glasses for example *snickers*
I only wear contact lenses when I want to change the color of my eyes, hehe...........

Always joking around, so immature *giggles* I know you're stylish, don't have to show off here XP
Just for your record, you still have one of my sun glasses over there, bring back to me soon will ya?

Quote by SpystreakYeah I'm near sighted. I wear glasses and I must say I'm going as bland as a bat during the day. My vision just keeps getting worse.

Wow, so sad to here. You should try to relax your eyes anytime possible and massage around the eyes is also very good (it doesn't help your vision be better though but at least your eyes don't get tired)

Quote by mackyim .. far sighted... so i can se stuff close but not far away... well... that sucks too... but i might get contacts.... but im thinking about it...

Yep, any kind sucks, I have some friends are far/long-sighted and they hate it too.
I think you should try contacts, it's really worth a try ^_^

- Bill Wilson -

kotoko

kotoko

~revived from the dead~

glasses.... i think i have a about a 5~6 prescription... i like glasses betta!

mishia

mishia

Angel in Disguise

Hey Barbara! I'm not nearsighted, but I have... what's it called? Estigmatism, I think! Oh geez I prolly spelled it wrong! *smacks self with book* heehee, I have glasses but I don't usually wear them, nor do I wear contacts. I usually don't have trouble with my sight, except when I'm trying to see tiny letters.

Signature
Meh~ I'll come up with a smart signature later...XD

~Shia-chan

Rai1e

Rai1e

Yay!

near-sighted means we ca't see far things clearly, right? if so, that means so do i, i wear a minus 5 glasses.

Pride comes before the fall

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 50 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.