Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Moving on in life or giving extra chances - Minitokyo

Moving on in life or giving extra chances

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Okay, I'm not targetting anyone by creating this thread. I've been hearing lately in certain situations about moving on and giving multiple chances at things.

In my opinion, I understand that moving on is quite a vigorous step, especially for unwanted relationships or even trying to get away from people you don't want to be around with anymore. It appears that there are some people who think moving on is an easy step, but they have no idea that it may affect other people. What I like to do is assess any damages or seemingly damaging things done before moving on from someone or something, and I would try to give as much time to the other person as I could to think about things as well.

However, there are some things that people are unable to move on for as quickly as other things. Turning back is one of the easiest things to do if you let it get to you, but for others, moving forward allows them to leave behind the bad things that occurred and even the good things that occurred, such as friendships, deaths, or even relationship break-ups. I would try to remember all the good things that happened as much as I can, and that will give me the strength to move on because I know some of those good things may happen again. They may happen in a different way, but they will happen.

I do think that life is about moving on because dwelling in the past on certain situations can be quite a bad thing. Sometimes, giving second chances can be a bad thing because the same things might occur the same way they occurred the first time around. Thus, it might even put a damper on the plans for the future. Everyone reacts differently, and some may want to just move on from everything and some would give chances.

I have a question:
- Would you rather move on in life or give extra chances? What makes it worth making that decision?

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I think it's a bit of both actually.

i understand your point, and yes, moving on is a very difficult thing to do. Well, at least for me. I made a big step in moving on today myself. What I did may seem miniscule to others, but for me it was a very difficult task. But I am proud of myself for doing it, for moving on, for beginning to really let go of someone who no longer wants me.

But before I moved on, I gave the same person many chances to take back what he had done. However, he ignored my efforts to forgive and forget and be friends despite everything, and never spoke to me. He still isn't. So after giving up on giving chances, I've begun to really move on, and to heal.

I guess I believe that everyone deserves a second chance, but if those chances are ignored or misused, then moving on is generally the best decision. No sense in wasting energy on someone who no longer wants you.

And I speak from experience there. -_-

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

DarkBlade-

Dream Hunter

"Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me"
I've fallen for someone, yes, someone didn't know all that well. however if i wanted to i could've put my whole heart into it, but apparently that was the wrong move to make for me. however those brief moments of happiness i wont forget, i will remember, but i will not dwell over them.

as once my friend said "those who dwell in the past will use whatever means to gain it back". Yes I've moved on but would i have given it a second chance when it was possible? Probably, being the sucker that i am. IMO it seems like a 50/50 chance...cant go either way without losing something.

Signature

Actually, i refuse to give some people second chances. Especially since they should of been careful and paying attention in the first place. Common sense>.<
I'd prefer just to move on with my life, then wallowing in worry and pitty in myself>.<
Life is short, you dont have time to bother with people who enjoying giving pain to you.

Lenne

Lenne

Warrior Girl

Both! I like to go foward in my life for some things,but also give it a second chance.

Signature
My latest work:Best Friends

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

That's a tough question for me to answer. In some cases I have had no choice, and have had to move on because other things were demanding my attention (some circumstances beg to differ, though). In others, such as with my relationships with others -- family, friends, and three romances -- I have a tendency to give second chances, because I believe that everyone deserves a second chance. Lately I have been pondering over whether or not I should believe that, because that gives the person who caused me pain another chance to hurt me again.

Looking back is good, but second chances...be careful with whom you give them to, and don't give multiple chances, ever.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

hey, there's a number of ways to do things....here's where having good street smarts pays..you gotta assess each situation before you decide what to do...sometimes moving on and not looking back is the thing to do, sometimes giving extra chances is wiser, other times moving on and looking back is whats needed.....i wish we could get a more specific situation mel-dude, eh?

Barbara

Tomorrow is another day

Quote by AngelKateI think it's a bit of both actually.

I agree with this opinion. It really depends on things and other people as well.
For example, if my friend hurts me once, I can forgive and give him or her another chance but if my bf hurts me like not being honest with me then I'll say bye to him right away. My friends told me that I was so cruel to do so but that's me, I can't change that or I don't want to change actually because I think that friends are so precious to me but they can not live with me for the rest of life, they'll have their own lives sooner or later while my bf is the one that may become my husband in the future, the one that I'll be with for many years ahead, if he can't make me trust him then no more he can do even he says that he loves me like this, he loves me like that.......
If I ask someone to do something for me, they fail then I'm willing to give them another chance, it's not a big deal really but if it's something very very important, I can be very mad but still give them chance to correct things. Just the act of admitting what they did wrong makes me want to give them more opportunities. Again, that's just about things in life, when it gets to relationship, there'll be strict rules ^_^

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
- Bill Wilson -

DarkVirus

DarkVirus

::Nobody::

Quote by melmachine18
- Would you rather move on in life or give extra chances? What makes it
worth making that decision?

tough question...
i think you would move on in life...
what happens...happens, no extra chances...
but then again, you can get a second chance because you can
learn from ur mistakes and become better than last time..

for my vote, i would chose to move on in life because giving a chance on something might make the same mistake happen again...so depending on the situation, no chances, just move on...

retire

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

for the most part i give people second chances if they are a friend. if they aren't, or depending on what they did, i'll move on--i won't forget what they did to me, but i won't dwell on it.

Signature Image

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

it will have to depend on the situation and who you're willing to walk away from or give a second chance to. but for the most part, i would rather give second chances because we will always make mistakes, stupid, frivolous ones, as well as major blunders. and i would want someone to give me a second chance, too if i was in a situation where i did something stupid. but there are times when you just have to move on because the other person is unwilling to forgive...it's hard, but you gotta walk away.

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

crewcifix

crewcifix

Christian Boy

I would suggest of moving on. There are many things in life that could hurt us but we cannot be blindly hoping that things would come out for the better. I personally find it better to move on. Forgive and forget as they always say, and I still think its proper to give people a chance if they make a mistake or two. However if the pressure builds up, just leave. I mean this is your ultimate descicion. Moving on is different from forgetting mind you. Forgetting for the fact that you do not want to experience pain is simply wrong. I hope my point went through. The moving on part is when you do not give up on life and you do not give up on yourself. There are more poeple out there with worse problems than friendship or whatever. So always think that the fact that you can surf the net and have the money to pay for it is that you are lucky enough.

Feel the Rain on Your Skin. No One Else can Feel it For You. Only You Can Let it in.
Signature Image
-=Admin&Mod=- Flip | Ice and Snow | Nippon Foods | TSubasa | Pure Light Love | Assistance Coalescence | Make a Friend | FMWS | Syaoran shrine | Filipino Comm. | Sakura | Sea | Pokemon League | SS shrine | The Real Folk Blues | English | McDonald's

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Depending on the situation, if the circle of community you go to apparently holds a grudge upon you and consider you an outcast, or that you feel that you are unwanted, sometimes it would be best to go away and obviously move on. Trying to resettle into boiling waters obviously casts a negative effect against oneself, and obviously not everyone will make at peace with individuals - that's the way the world is at times. People can't fit in to everyone, and every little thing, and how these people wish to carry on is pretty much their own wish. However, if a slight majority throws a hate upon one individual, it would be best to yes - move on as planned, forget these people from insight, and go more towards the ones you love. It's a hard feeling, but to move on, especially in a familiar corner can be quite drastic and tough at times, but you do benefit from it apparently, and things change, people change. It can make a whole lot of difference.

I moved twice and made a whole bunch of new friends along the way, especially when recently moving to TO. I have to say, that it wasn't a bad experience. Of course, going back to your past group of friends at home feels like a warm and welcoming experience, but dashing forward and taking a foothold of what life has to offer can be quite rewarding as well. Sometimes, people would fit their whole lives into a world and never want to get out of it in sheer and utter happiness. Yes, that is completely fine, but for me - when the time is right to necessarily move on, then its time to move on, of course until I can finally nest into a place I call peace at home. And hey, what's so lucky about this new millenium is obviously that people have the Internet to contact each other, so you can never lose touch, though I have to admit that its not always the same. **Giggles**

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

To be even more exacting, there are some situations in which moving on is quite difficult. If other people are supposedly involved in those types of situations, then it's likely that they'll feel indecisive, either to pity the other person or encourage the other person to move on. Spending time and thinking about a problem can help to determine what someone will do pertaining to either moving on or giving extra chances.

Signature Image

it depends on ur decision. Sometimes u have to move on and sometimes u have to give extra chances. for relationship most of them will give extra chances. But for those bad things that happenned., u may let it be the past and move on with ur life. ;)

IcyFyre

IcyFyre

I love WoNdeRL@nD

i would give extra chances....but it depends on what....XD

Signature
~*We come to love by seeing an imperfect person perfectly*~

It all depends on the situation. Sometimes it's better to forgive and forget, sometimes it's better to leave it behind you. In the end, I think it is inevitable to move one, regardless what what situation you're in. This world continues to revolve and people cannot stay in the past forever.

Be Free and Masturbate

Sakura-K

Sakura-K

::+Wingless Heart+::

Would you rather move on in life or give extra chances? What makes it worth making that decision?

I guess....it depends on the situation. If its something that happens quickly and gives me a instant shock that doesn't go away as quickly as it came, then no. I would rather move on.
If it is something that happened in my family, I will try and give them an extra chance, but most likely, I will dislike them and move on with my life as if I don't know them.

dunno....I guess it just depends for me.

anyway class is starting in 3mins...g2g

Signature

For me I would probably give extra chances coz I know that everybody deserves a chance, no matter what they did.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Lodigo

~Assasin Cross~

Hello melmachine
how are you doing? :)
Would you rather move on in life or give extra chances? What makes it worth making that decision?
i think i have to agree with Sakura-k
that it depends on the situation because i can forgive little things but if something really bad happened i would not forgive them i think
so i think it depends...
well..
see you later and have a nice day
bye bye

DarkSavior

DarkSavior

~Death's Adversary~

I believe... chances are never want it to be in life. In that moment of time, thinks you said or want to believe might not be as strong as the emotions it self. So I don't really know...

I'd rather be hated for who I am rather than loved for who I pretend to be...

KyoFan368

KyoFan368

I'm going to take a...zzzz

Quote by AngelKateI think it's a bit of both actually.

I agree with that also!!! I believe that everyone deserves a second chance but after that it is better to move on with life!!If you don't give everyone a chance to make up for themselves how will any one ever be able to give you a second chance.

-The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. ~Helen Keller :D
Signature

YugureKaze

YugureKaze

The Lost Wanderer

i think that i would rather move on...to me extra chances seems like more chances of messing something up in different ways....i'm not sure why i'm thinking like this though.... ^_^'
but many things have to be taken into consideration when deciding between the two...

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

The severity of the situation can also depend on what decision will be made...if it's too much to handle, then it's probably better to move on, and if it's not as severe, then I may ask for another chance depending on the kind of situation it is. :)

Signature Image

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.