Suggestion: The "Vector" Category

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

I really like that there's a Vector category, but I think it's so odd that this category is placed in the image Subject Matter (Anime/Game/Studio/Series) area and not the image Style (Wallpapers, Doujinshi, Scans) like it SHOULD be, especially since Vectors should be able to be classified in their respective series instead of having a "series" category of their own and having to be classified as "Doujinshi" for their style because "Vector" is a style category and not a series category...

You understand what I'm asking? I tend to have difficulty making myself clear ^_^;

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

Cancel

I agree with you and I want to add my opinion too: I think vectors should not only be in the series category they belong in but also not be classified as doujinshi because they are no doujinshi.

Cancel

Not sure about them being pulled out of "Doujinshi"; some vectors were modified by the members because the original scans were missing ilmbs or other neat details. So they're actually working from imagination. Get my drift?

Anyways, I had trouble looking for Vectors from certain series. Perhaps I wasn't looking at the proper place, but shouldn't there be something that groups them according to series?

Terra-chan

Terra-chan

Crazy Lazy Workaholic

Cancel

Quote by RevueNot sure about them being pulled out of "Doujinshi"; some vectors were
modified by the members because the original scans were missing ilmbs
or other neat details. So they're actually working from imagination.
Get my drift?
Anyways, I had trouble looking for Vectors from certain series. Perhaps
I wasn't looking at the proper place, but shouldn't there be something
that groups them according to series?

Yes, the biggest problem is that vectors are based on original works that are edited/modified/cleaned up/enhanced from a scan or screenshot and there's no way to denote where they originated from in the current set-up.

I understand that there is a lot of "doujinshi" about some aspects of vectoring (heck, I do my "vectors" the same way I do any other computer artwork, only difference is that I'm tracing over something else instead of drawing completely from scratch)

But with the current set-up there is no way for there to be the possibility of "Vectors" being classified as "Doujinshi" and still be classified in association with their respective series. Which is the matter I'm asking to be addressed.

Signature
~ Deviant Artist ~ Comic Spriter ~ | ~ Are you UNDERAPPRECIATED
~ Come see the wonders of the Host Club ~

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

Cancel

hmmm... I made a forum topic awhile ago about where vectors should really fit under, and I agree: I do not think vectors should be classified under 'doujinshi' for several reasons:

doujinshi is for fanart/indie art usually drawn with an art medium. I realize there are alot of fantastic CG'ed doujinshi as well, but I believe there is a difference between custom original CG'ing and vectoring. The first obvious note is that a vector is a trace of a pre-existing image, which is essentially used to improve the image, either for size, clarity or many other aesthetic reasons. In this sense a vector is different than a doujinshi submission because a doujinshi submission is considered 'hand made'. As in, an image can be used as a reference for the artwork but not necessarily traced.

Of course, one must point out that vectors take alot of time, skill and patience. By saying they are mearly traces is a tad of an understatement when considering the amount of work involved- yet they should not be considered doujinshi mearly because of its work value.

One thing which dissapoints me about its current category is that whenever I am browsing for new potential doujinshi artists under recent submissions, doujinshi- I will click on thumbnails of what appears to be a fantastic drawing or CG only to find it a vector. I must admit I do get dissapointed. I think it would make alot more sense to just give it another category.

I'd like to throw in an idea which should make everyone happy: how about making a new category under art as vectors since vectoring has become such a craze lately. We definately have enough vectors to do this :P

Essentially we have three categories: scans, doujinshi and wallpapers- I don't think vectors fit under any of these. The closest is obviously doujinshi, but it is also misleading.

if you would like to view my previous thread conserning this topic, please go here:
Vectors- A discussion

Signature
Anime wallpaper/Female Scans/Group Scans Moderator
-
rippers and duplicates beware of belly's button! XD [ermmm... o_o]

calisqo

calisqo

::RERAITO::

Cancel

yeah vector and doujinshi thing, does get confusing >.>
i agree with vector as a type rather than category.
U can't credit the author (the original title)
Say anime wallpaper and then it is vector >.> bad combo.

belmikry

Retired Moderator

belmikry

belly-button

Cancel

great point calisqo- currently the category is considered vector so there is no place to put them under the proper classification as to which anime/game/studio etc the vectors character is apart of. Allowing vector to become a whole new category will remove that ;)

Signature
Anime wallpaper/Female Scans/Group Scans Moderator
-
rippers and duplicates beware of belly's button! XD [ermmm... o_o]

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.