Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 The Things In Life You Feel You Need - Minitokyo

The Things In Life You Feel You Need

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Evanrued

Evanrued

Here and there from time to time

The more I think about the title of the thread, the more ways I see it can be answered in. I guess there are more then one view upon what one thinks they need, and what they want. But I'm asking from the "need" point of view.

It could be the simple things in life you feel make your day complete, or just make you feel whole. Or maybe things that "would" satisfy you if you knew you had them. And if so, how would they and why do you feel you would need them?

For what would those needs represent, and how would they help you? What simple things would make your day complete, simple or not. What do you feel you need in your life? Or, do you have what you need already and how it is helping you?

The list goes on and on of possibilities. For me, its hard to say.

Note: Searched the Forum for these following phrases or words and did not find a thread relating to this. "things in life"/ good things/ need/" and many other phrases and words.

Signature

"contentedness" will make my day anytime in my life. Cheers!

love, is the most important thing in life for me.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

To tell you the truth, I can live without many things, but there's one thing I know that everyone needs...and that is the will to live. There's only one life, and if you don't use your life wisely, it will be made useless and that will be it. Being given this life makes me think about how I'm going to use it wisely because, though the time seems short, there's a lot to do if you apply yourself and are willing to live life to the fullest. Just waking up each day thanking God that I will be living another day is thanks enough to live, so my willingness to live becomes stronger and stronger knowing that I can take on the day and ready myself for the future; thus, it makes me happy to know how much I actually have going for me when it could be much worse. However, it seems that the willingness to live is the most forgotten need. Luxuries are just luxuries; they just evaluate our value as people in my honest opinion. Other needs are important as well, such as shelter and some natural resources.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Evanrued

Evanrued

Quote by Enchanter"contentedness" will make my day anytime in my life. Cheers!

Excellent XD

Quote by SaschaClove, is the most important thing in life for me.

Well agreed.

Quote by melmachine18To tell you the truth, I can live without many things, but there's one thing I know that everyone needs...and that is the will to live. There's only one life, and if you don't use your life wisely, it will be made useless and that will be it. Being given this life makes me think about how I'm going to use it wisely because, though the time seems short, there's a lot to do if you apply yourself and are willing to live life to the fullest. Just waking up each day thanking God that I will be living another day is thanks enough to live, so my willingness to live becomes stronger and stronger knowing that I can take on the day and ready myself for the future; thus, it makes me happy to know how much I actually have going for me when it could be much worse. However, it seems that the willingness to live is the most forgotten need. Luxuries are just luxuries; they just evaluate our value as people in my honest opinion. Other needs are important as well, such as shelter and some natural resources.

Yes, that is why I was asking for posters to think on the "need" point on view. And not the want, which is the luxuries that you spoke of on your opinion. I as well agree the willingness is an important factor in how we live our lives everyday, and how it would play out. Of course you would need to have the willingness to live day after day. Well spoken Mel. And a good point of view.

Signature

joycev

joycev

the PS3 with boobs & personality

Of course other than the given things like food, water, and my computer I think one thing I wouldnt be able to live without is an imagination... Could you imagine having to live in a place where everything is the same?? Your entire life would be as grey as the MT skin...

Signature Image

Jiwoo

Jiwoo

the trashiness never ends.

i think for me, i can't live without an open mind. in order for things to go on/advance or whatever, stuff like ideas and stuff need to be tolerated or accepted. if not, then we would not advace or move on.

I retarrrd.

Aetherdragon

Aetherdragon

White and Nerdy

Quote by joycevOf course other than the given things like food, water, and my computer
I think one thing I wouldnt be able to live without is an
imagination... Could you imagine having to live in a place where
everything is the same?? Your entire life would be as grey as the MT
skin...

Well said, life without imagination would be dull. The world would be less advanced, mundane, and probably uniform if it was not for the imagination of many throughout the ages. And LOVE is definetly another, because it's what drives us sometimes to do more than we would normally do and keep us from giving up when we probably would otherwise. Both a need.

"They see me strollin'...they laughin' and rollin' their eyes 'cause I'm so white & nerdy" - Weird "Al"

Signature Image

Evanrued

Evanrued

Quote by joycevOf course other than the given things like food, water, and my computer I think one thing I wouldnt be able to live without is an imagination... Could you imagine having to live in a place where everything is the same?? Your entire life would be as grey as the MT skin...

lol XD I agree

Quote by Jiwooi think for me, i can't live without an open mind. in order for things to go on/advance or whatever, stuff like ideas and stuff need to be tolerated or accepted. if not, then we would not advace or move on.

Excellent concept. For the most part I agree with your word.

Quote by Aetherdragon

Quote by joycevOf course other than the given things like food, water, and my computer
I think one thing I wouldnt be able to live without is an
imagination... Could you imagine having to live in a place where
everything is the same?? Your entire life would be as grey as the MT
skin...

Well said, life without imagination would be dull. The world would be less advanced, mundane, and probably uniform if it was not for the imagination of many throughout the ages. And LOVE is definetly another, because it's what drives us sometimes to do more than we would normally do and keep us from giving up when we probably would otherwise. Both a need.

Words of truth indeed. Spoken so well I cant reply XD

Signature

Seran

Seran

Whimsical Dreamer

I think for me that would be the ability to care. It can be towards anyone, who is important or just kind. Even towards someone who you dont know so well, if there is no one else. If there would be no people or animal around me who I could care, then my life would be pointless. Beeing loved is not somthing I couldnt live without, but more likely to give away careness. That is what I think right now.

CryingTiger

@$+RO=|}()`/

a master once sed: the greatest art, is the art of living!
i 'love' my art and culture.

AstroBoy posting as CryingTiger

Lodigo

~Assasin Cross~

hmmz
i think ill agree with seran :)
yeah and my friends and family ^^

My dog.
Nahh... my mom.

CrimsonShade

~Never Knows Best~

To me it's Hope. Whether hope is real or not, I believe it is what gives us the will to live knowing there is something to live for... if that makes any sense at all.
I thrive on hope, false or real.

Signature Image

I see you staring, but don't worry.
I don't mind at all. Look at me if you wish.

my girlfriend
my weapons
my pc
my consoles
my muscles
my money
my mind

acid-awakening

acid-awakening

Ore Hitori De Juubun Da

Something that is impossible to do..... Want time to turn back to be done the better way
Hobashidie is just wierd but
ohh never mind

Rakuei

Rakuei

Evanrued's apprentice!

I guest for starters I would need my friends, and for the biggest part of it water, shelter and food. Material possessions are nice but I don't think they are really needed. If you were stuck in a card board box on the street you would really need about 4 things. Someone kind enough to reach out to you who would then provide you with the other remaining three things, Food, shelter, and friendship/love.

During my life, I've noticed that peoples' desire to want often over powers their desire to want something. And that my friends is how most people bury themselves in debt. In most cases the desire to want something is just desiring what other people have in order to make yourself feel as lucky as they do just by having something. In my opinion anyway. But then again many people are different. And since life is different for most people, I guess wants and needs can sometimes be the same thing.

Signature
Don't smoke yo!

Firefly

Firefly

Elegant Eyes

u need a meaning... some sort of aim...
and i guess, hope, to let u think u can reach ur dream...

minimouzo

minimouzo

Papaya

if we talk about "needs" , i studied last year a thing called the pyramid of needs from some sociologist ^^' there were 5 steps. From the survival needs to the recognition needs. Weird thing trying to understand the human system of needs but it was quite true.
I think the thing i really need is not to be alone ; always have somebody to talk with.

Eat a papaya everyday and everything will be ok Signature Image

Support section

I have to agree with CrimsonShade. If there's one thing I can't live without is the will to live and the hope, the hope that tomorrow can be a better day, and the hope that many other things can happen. I think is hope the one that gives me the will to live. ^_^

Evanrued

Evanrued

Quote by SeranI think for me that would be the ability to care. It can be towards anyone, who is important or just kind. Even towards someone who you dont know so well, if there is no one else. If there would be no people or animal around me who I could care, then my life would be pointless. Beeing loved is not somthing I couldnt live without, but more likely to give away careness. That is what I think right now.

I highly agree with you. I have heard of people that have been living all alone. And usually those type of people I see as big business people in movies. XD But I do agree with what you are saying. ^^

Quote by CryingTigera master once sed: the greatest art, is the art of living!
i 'love' my art and culture.

How true ^^;

Quote by ChampagneMy dog.Nahh... my mom.

Very good choice.

Quote by CrimsonShadeTo me it's Hope. Whether hope is real or not, I believe it is what gives us the will to live knowing there is something to live for... if that makes any sense at all.
I thrive on hope, false or real.

lol Ne-san you would say that ^^

Quote by Hobashidiemy girlfriendmy weaponsmy pcmy consolesmy musclesmy moneymy mind

It that all...you sure know them very well...

Quote by acid-awakeningSomething that is impossible to do..... Want time to turn back to be done the better way
Hobashidie is just wierd butohh never mind

oh no your fine. ^^;

Quote by RakueiI guest for starters I would need my friends, and for the biggest part of it water, shelter and food. Material possessions are nice but I don't think they are really needed. If you were stuck in a card board box on the street you would really need about 4 things. Someone kind enough to reach out to you who would then provide you with the other remaining three things, Food, shelter, and friendship/love.
During my life, I've noticed that peoples' desire to want often over powers their desire to want something. And that my friends is how most people bury themselves in debt. In most cases the desire to want something is just desiring what other people have in order to make yourself feel as lucky as they do just by having something. In my opinion anyway. But then again many people are different. And since life is different for most people, I guess wants and needs can sometimes be the same thing.

Some goods points. First "friendship" I've seen ^_^

Quote by Fireflyu need a meaning... some sort of aim...
and i guess, hope, to let u think u can reach ur dream...

I agree.

Quote by papyworldif we talk about "needs" , i studied last year a thing called the pyramid of needs from some sociologist ^^' there were 5 steps. From the survival needs to the recognition needs. Weird thing trying to understand the human system of needs but it was quite true.
I think the thing i really need is not to be alone ; always have somebody to talk with.

I deffinatly agree with you. Being alone is not very pleasing to some people. I had a talk about this with a friend, and she said all she needed was a mirror >_>

Quote by Angel-Akira2004I have to agree with CrimsonShade. If there's one thing I can't live without is the will to live and the hope, the hope that tomorrow can be a better day, and the hope that many other things can happen. I think is hope the one that gives me the will to live. ^_^

I agree with both of you, good reasoning.

Signature

I am not entirely sure if i need anything, i am sure that i sometimes want and crave.
but i don't live my life based around my wants and needs. I can get through the day knowing and appreciating i've got what i have.
But i'm not sure if that is a proper answer
Although i'll put some thought into it, and if i think of anything i've forgotten, i'll edit my post.

Things I need?

Peace of Mind
My close friends
Something to read
Chapstick

Evanrued

Evanrued

Quote by KeeadoI am not entirely sure if i need anything, i am sure that i sometimes want and crave.
but i don't live my life based around my wants and needs. I can get through the day knowing and appreciating i've got what i have.
But i'm not sure if that is a proper answer
Although i'll put some thought into it, and if i think of anything i've forgotten, i'll edit my post.

Yes I do agree with what you are saying. A friend of mine had a hard time because she claimed what I was asking for was too deep. So I kinda understand what you are saying.

Quote by shadowplaygirlekoThings I need?Peace of MindMy close friendsSomething to readChapstick

Chapstick lol. I agree >.> I'd be lost in the winter without it..but usually my lips dont get to the point of needing it. I like your choices. ^_^

Signature

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 27 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.