Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Read or die oav... question - Minitokyo

Read or die oav... question

Tagged under Read Or Die

page 1 of 1 18 total items

macky

macky

The Hidden Ninja

Ok. You all rememebr the read or die oav....
@ the end there in nancy in the hospital.... (or whatever that place is)..
now my brother and i have had a long standing argument about which nancy that is.... is it her evil clone.. or the "good" nancy...?
what do u think

Signature
|||||||||||| SnoW-KreW | Macky-Media | TheGrungeFamily |OmegaAnime |Aspiring-Mafia |||||||||||

Representing the Aspiring Mafia in W.A.R

It's the evil one. The good one was killed when the rocket exploded. There are various clues littered about that explain which one she is. Discussions of prosecution if her memories returned, for instance. And Yomiko saying she was a friend of the living Nancy's sister.

macky

macky

The Hidden Ninja

i know.. i explain that... .. ill have to show him this forum....lol

Signature
|||||||||||| SnoW-KreW | Macky-Media | TheGrungeFamily |OmegaAnime |Aspiring-Mafia |||||||||||

I don't agree that it was the bad one who Yomiko saw at the end.

I think it was the good one. Take some of the same evidence presented about why LordStyphon thought it is the "bad one". First of all they mentioned that Nancy's memory was lost due to asphyxiation. Now that means it was lost due to a lack of oxygen getting to the brain in a manner similar to being smothered.

The only true way that could have happened for either of the two Nancy's I think is if she somehow fell back to Earth from outerspace, and that is one of the dangers that goes with any place with little oxygen, especially since the rocket had a huge hole in it from the door missing. Remember this too, that even if the rocket did come back to earth (I don't think it ever exploded that was never mentioned and I don't remember seeing that) "good" Nancy would have been the only one alive aboard it.

Also I think Yomiko said she was a friend of Nancy's older sister as not to try and reawaken Nancy's memories. I mean if she had said "Oh I'm you're friend" Nancy would have likely been full of questions and all of that might have allowed her to get her memories back which would have been trouble for Nancy. It was best to say she was a friend as not to risk awakening her memories. I also think the "good Nancy" was truly the only one that had seen Yomiko's paper powers and yet that Nancy was obviously remembering something as she tried to fold the paper perhaps in what she remembered Yomiko doing for her earlier on.

Lastly, remember the "good" Nancy also was in a way a "traitor" since she was not the "real" Nancy. Both Nancy's were also very close to the main bad guy so even the "good" Nancy might have to stand trial since I think prior to meeting and getting close to Yomiko she likely worked against the "good guys".

Sure the "good" Nancy helped defeat a few of them early on and was a major help to Yomiko in the end, but that too could have been a way to ensure she was trusted enough to get all the books that were needed and remember she was a slight trader when Yomiko was caught toward the end before she made her final choice of sides.

----------------------------
"It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison" - Michelle Chang R.o.D. the TV

"Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he always wanted . . . he lived happily ever after." - Willy Wonka

FallingAwake

FallingAwake

Seafaring Swashbuckler

I want to believe it's the good Nancy, but it could really go either way. But the way the series goes, you're inclined to believe it's the twin...er clone I mean.

About the paper folding at the end of the OAV, I think it was just symbolic to show that Yomiko's friendship will be for Nancy II.

And then there's the asphyxiation explanation- it can only be true if you take Joker's word as truth.

Signature Image

macky

macky

The Hidden Ninja

but rmuyo the asphyxiation could also be cause from being drowned... n and you see the scene where u see one of the nancy's float up to the top of some water. now that could be the "bad" nancy, and ofcourse she was left behind when the rocket left into outta space...
part two..
i know asphyxiation can also happen in high Altitude, but to get from.. the space ship thingy to the ground she would have needed to have fallen.. "but she can go through solid objects!" you might say, But she would have been asphyxiated.. im assuming Unconscious. that just equils splat.

Signature

Yes it could come from being drowned, but I always thought that given when that Nancy floats up, if I am thinking about the right time, she was the good Nancy. I also think the "good Nancy" killed the bad Nancy.

Oh I think the rocket itself was not programmed to stay up in space, and eventually came back down, or the Library brought it back down instead of leaving it in orbit where as far as they might have known the book still could have been with the knowledge to start it all over again.

I also think Joker was telling the truth at that point. For that issue he had no reason to lie or mislead Yomiko, and if he truly wanted to keep them apart then he could have simply said Nancy was dead. Yes she had come back to Earth either way, but at the same time she did not recover and died. If he was going to lie I think it would have been that way.

I also think both Nancy's were clones, remember the real one was already dead for about 2 years before these events took place.

----------------------------
"It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison" - Michelle Chang R.o.D. the TV

"Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he always wanted . . . he lived happily ever after." - Willy Wonka

WWLAOS

DOMiT

I hesitate to call either Nancy "good," but my two cents is that the Nancy who survived was the less-scrupulous one. That was certainly evil-Nancy you see floating in the water...but a similar (if not worse) thing had happened to the good-Nancy. She had been seriously injured only a few minutes earlier at the hands of evil-Nancy and sent...umm...down...somewhere. Heck, the previous episode she had survived that little trick with Genjo's staff (or whatever that guy's name was). No matter which shoulder she pops up on, I think that Nancy proved that she was one tough cookie. I highly doubt that evil-Nancy was actually dead.

As for the good-Nancy in the rocket...well, I doubt even Nancy could survive that kind of decompresion. :) Regardless, with the note on the bookmark at the end to the extent of "Please look after my sister," the good-Nancy basically confirms that evil-Nancy isn't dead, while she herself is well on the way to becoming so.

Also, there is one other peice of evidence I would like to present...but this is a heavy spoiler for r.o.d the t.v., so if you don't want to read it, skip the rest of this paragraph. Also, being that it is from the next series, it could certainly be considered invalid data. Also...it's still kinda speculation on my part. Anyway, don't forget that the Nancy who survived was pregnant...she had a child while in the mental institution...place. Back in the OVAs the good-Nancy was on missions for the British Library and hangin' out with Yomiko, and gettin' her gut's scewered, and...well, lots of stuff that kept her far away from loverboy. Evil-Nancy, however, would have been right at his side for who-knows-how-long, and would have had ample time and opportunity to...er, become pregnant.

Well, that's just my view....I may be completely right or (more likely) completely wrong...or somewhere inbetween. Take it for what you will.

You see this kind of thing all the time...it invariably ends with eating people. - Dr. Dale L. Reuss

Shagmar

Shagmar

Resident NERD

It was the bad Nancy...easily explained.

First of all the asphyxiation is easily explained in that Nancy's power CAN be negated by someone else with the same power. This is proven in the ROD TV series when Nancy grabs Junior's wrist and he can't meld out of it. Now you will say if that's the case the two Nancys should have been able to hit each other, but neither of them were shown grabbing. At the end of the fight I seem to recall seeing them fall into the water and then one climbing out while the other started floating...there is your asphyxiation and memory loss.

As to the possibility of them not wanting to awaken her memories...no one but Yomiko survived that witnessed TWO Nancys so they will automatically asume that the one they have is the Good one that had been around from the begining.

The last thing...the Good Nancy gave Yomiko the book mark back to her before she jumped out of the rocket. On the back of the bookmark was a note written to Yomiko that said, "Take care of my sister."

I think we'd all like to believe that it's the Good Nancy that survived and yes it seems that it could go either way, but when you start to look closer at things you realize it was the bad one. That's my opinion, I'm sure if you google it or search the web long enough you can find out for sure...

Signature

macky

macky

The Hidden Ninja

also in the series "junior", nancys son... well he had 2 clones(or egin) for parents... now i thought the original nacy was just pretending the be nancy matahara.... she wasnt a clone.... thus... proving my point again... bad nancy was the one thatr lives....

Signature

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

I believe it was the good one because the bad one would never betray Ikkyuu.

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

Good Nancy.

I always thought it was the good nancy that survived (after watching the OVA) ......I really overlooked the clues. Good one, bad one, who cares....the memory was lost. This occurred at the end of the OVA, and in the series there was only emphasization on the relationship between Junior and Nancy. But after watching the series and looking back, I realized it has got to be the bad Nancy who survived....

I'm pretty sure its the bad nancy, because if it were the good one what happened to the bad one....I mean if the bad one did die, wouldn't someone have found her body?

renegadepsyche

renegadepsyche

Notoriously Hysterical

It doesn't make much sense if it was the good one. That bookmark that good Nancy gave back to Yomiko saying "please take care of my younger sister" says it all. If the good Nancy KILLED the evil one I highly doubt she would have written that on the bookmark. I'm sure the good Nancy knew that the evil one wasn't dead, just unconscious.

Seriously, if you killed your clone would you leave a message to a dear friend of yours telling her to take care of your clone? O_o That's a bit morbid.

Signature Image

watch the shows. near the 22 episode it shows yomiko and nancy. i wasn't paying much attention but it might answer some questions.

Its the evil Nancy. The good Nancy went to space in the rocket with the man she loved

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.