Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Guilty Conscience - Minitokyo

Guilty Conscience

page 1 of 1 12 total items

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

Does anyone else here have a guilty conscience or paranoia about thier internet downloading habits? I torrent animes that aren't released in the states and I still feel guilty sometimes. I used to do music and released anime, but I got really paranoid about the feds busting down my door to seize my anime collection... is that just silly or am I not alone here?

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

It's so funny how security watches the downloads from IP addresses, but it's actually not our fault that the animes were put up anyway. They really should be the ones who are guilty, but they do place up a policy or an agreement as to what the rules are. Usually, for torrent sites, you're downloading at your own risk. I don't have the same thought as you do because it just might be that in due time, some of the torrent sites will be ignored as people have to go on with their lives. That's my thought about downloading like this.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

Aetherdragon

Aetherdragon

White and Nerdy

shame ON you!!!! ....kidding, yeah I've DL music for a while then kinda slowed waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down after all that crap started happening. One or two here and there doesn't hurt ..right??? :)

"They see me strollin'...they laughin' and rollin' their eyes 'cause I'm so white & nerdy" - Weird "Al"

Signature Image

Don't worry, no one will bust down your door -.-
Trust me , the fed's would of shut down that site if they had a problem with it, and trust me, i've seen a lot of sites being shut down with federal government warnings on them...

Dragus

Dragus

DarkDragonKnight

I download everynight using the wire and i don't feel guilty, u are sharing what anime u have with someone else who have the anime u want, right now i am watching Elfen Lied and Naruto so everything is good.

Signature
-DragonKnight of the Flame Kingdom-

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Sometimes I get a bit paranoid, but the feds actually busting your door down is a rare occurance. So many people download things from Kazaa, Ares, Limewire, etc., and from BitTorrent that it would be impossible for them to keep track of everyone. I generally don't worry about it.

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

Nope! I just feel happy about it! :) But I'm afraid I might download too much stuff and my comp will blow up again. Then I had to re-install everything.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

esmerga

Imperfect and Real

i have to agree with melmachine, it really also depends on you, if you want to support the anime and its creators, then go buy the original stuffs. but if you think that is the best way to somehow support the anime, then thats your decision, its optional i think.

Signature

I look for a new world.
I want to meet you, but I can't.

I tremble wearing them but..
..these awakened wings won't fade away.

daos

daos

Dark Angel Of Silence

Last time I checked, downloading anything in the States is illegal. With that said, I think you should feel really guilty. As for a bad consience in general, I haven't done anything bad or stupid to be guilty about. "^^

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

Quote by daosLast time I checked, downloading anything in the States is illegal.
With that said, I think you should feel really guilty. As for a bad
consience in general, I haven't done anything bad or stupid to be
guilty about. "^^

Thanks....(------)

I usually don't feel bad, because I rarely download stuff. If I do, I just download a few at a time, and I go looking for a specific band. The only time I've ever really been paranoid about it was when I had one of my downloading sprees, then my ISP called me the next day looking for my mom. It ends up they were just trying to sell us stuff, but it really got me paranoid. Your ISP will do anything they can to protect your anonymity and protect you. They almost have to. If they don't, word will get out and people will stop using their services. Also, like with Kazaa lite, they're taking more steps to try and protect you and erase your IP address. It'll never completely go away (your IP address I mean), but people are trying to protect you. Also, you have less chance of being found if you use mp3 rotation sites or whatnot, instead of large p2p programmes, because they're being targeted. Also, a lot of the companies won't go after you unless you have large quantities of music/anime/movies downloaded, because there's always someone out there with like 20gigs of music that they're sharing. If you just have a gig or so, they'll most likely pass you up for someone with 15 gigs, get what I'm saying?

I also heard somewhere, though I have no idea if this is true, that companies can no longer go after individuals that are downloading, but only after the dispensers... Anyone know anything about that?

fooblued

fooblued

British Fetishist

I hadn't heard that, I know that many service providers have gotten squeezed by the government for user information (talk about money that could go to better use), I mean the musicians that are being downloaded make thier primary income from concerts, so nobody cry for Britney and her personal jet just yet. I think mass media likes to keep people paranoid though. It covers up the fact that people are download because CDs are not as affordable as they could be, and that the countries wages are falling into a trap. Companies paying less to the average worker, instead pouring money into entertainment personalities for promotion and CEOs that can raise thier own salary, and as a result most people are just getting by. There is also a pressure on the people projected by mass media to live above thier wages abilities. I would feel bad, but I'm afraid this is a situation that cannot be fixed as easy as people would like and it is definitely not easy to point fingers as to who is right and who is wrong.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.