Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Warning message before uploading too much - Minitokyo

Warning message before uploading too much

page 1 of 1 5 total items

I've just tried to upload another scan (what has taken long enough) and received the error message " Wait 24 hours until making more submissions.".

Please, can you make this message appear *before* the user uploads something?
I.e. directly after one has hit "Submit Gallery Item"?

I believe, this will definitely decrease your bandwidth-usage (images which won't be used won't be uploaded) and stop frustrating greenlings like me.

uchan

uchan

Mostly Harmless

the upload limits can be found in the faq... Its easy to keep in mind.

Quote: What are the uploading restrictions, and why are they there?
» For users under level 10, there is a maximum of 3 scans a day. For under level 20, the limit is 6. For above 20, there is no limit. This is to save bandwidth, and to prevent new users from spamming to gain levels.

[ My latest wallpapers: Ritsuka <-> ZERO Love v2 <-> Autumn cold night ]
[ Please visit my gallery for high quality and resolution pictures or sign my guestbook.]

Signature Image

Well, and what's the big deal about displaying that warning before one uploads an image (which gets deleted, anyway)? You've just to check that counter one page before and it saves much traffic.

By the way, counting to 3 or 6 is not hat hard - but remembering when you did the last upload... Let's say, 24 hours are a lot of time.

Vance

Vance

Sojourner

I would also appreciate it if the query was moved up to a more reasonable (and logical) location. I don't mind waiting to upload more scans, but it's nonsensical to put such a check after an upload and not before it.

As the quote in the FAQ stats, this is to save bandwidth, and with the current situation it does not have that effect. If I forget when I can submit a new scan and try to upload another and get the "you must wait message", it means that in 5-6 hours I will try again and have to use up all of that bandwidth over again.

Few will see this as much of a concern but it's in the best interest of the site and ease of use. Moving this check will have no effect on preventing upload spamming, it will only save bandwidth of those attempting to spam.

Sheqel

Administrator

Sheqel

fair enough. Mt3.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.