Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Making Parents Happy - Minitokyo

Making Parents Happy

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Do you try to make your parents happy? And if you do then why?

I was just wondering if you guys try to make your parents happy? I mean I know a lot of you try to but sometimes you try to make them happy so much you forget about yourself. I've had friends in the past where they've always done what there parents told them to do but it seems as if there never happy. Or that there some how lost in a way.

I try to make my parents happy but not to the point in where they take control and you don't get to do what you want. Sometimes they don't try to control you life but you still do what they want cause your just simpley trying to be the best for them. And sometimes that means you don't get to your goals cause it's not what your parents want. Like the jobs you want or being in something like spots just because it's not what your parents want.

I think that you should still try to make your parents happy but don't let that stop you from doing what you want in your life.

So what do you think?

I...can never seem...to make my parents happy...for some reason... I...don't know...

Quote by VisisI...can never seem...to make my parents happy...for some reason... I...don't know...

Yeah I know what you mean. Parents are always like that. XP Everything you do never seems to be enough for them.

Quote by Alisha

Quote by VisisI...can never seem...to make my parents happy...for some reason... I...don't know...

Yeah I know what you mean. Parents are always like that. XP Everything you do never seems to be enough for them.

It...is almost like...they don't want me around...even if...it means...that they would not be able...to get what they wanted...through me...

ayane-heine

ayane-heine

::__ToMaTO__::

Quote by AlishaI think that you should still try to make your parents happy but don't let that stop you from doing what you want in your life.

yeah alisha.. i totally agree with you.. you should make your parents happy but you shouldn't give up your goals because of that..

i make my parents happy too but not in this way.. my father respect me in whatever i do.. as long as i dont do something that is far too crazy like "taking drugs, stealing etc.." keke.. :D

__* Fresh Feelin 4eva *__
Signature

Yeah I agree with you... I try to make my parents happy but sometimes I do what I want because that's what I want for myself. I know that they want what's best for me but I can't always please them. So yeah *shrug* sometimes we argue over things but that's life.

Signature Image

Bee69

Bee69

Bee-GFX

sometimes i do why when theyre in a bad mood

Quote by VisisIt...is almost like...they don't want me around...even if...it means...that they would not be able...to get what they wanted...through me...

Yeah same here. Sometimes it seems as if they where better off with out me but I've learned that it's not true. ;)

Quote by ayane-heinei make my parents happy too but not in this way.. my father respect me in whatever i do.. as long as i dont do something that is far too crazy like "taking drugs, stealing etc.." keke.. :D

Yeah that's how my dad is also. He's more layed back them my mom. She's the one who's always worrying about things.

Quote by Alisha

Quote by VisisIt...is almost like...they don't want me around...even if...it means...that they would not be able...to get what they wanted...through me...

Yeah same here. Sometimes it seems as if they where better off with out me but I've learned that it's not true. ;)

Yeah...you...are right...

kaolla-kake

kaolla-kake

Guitar Goddess

I used to...but now, I've just stopped trying to please them....rather...my mom. I'd do everything she wanted me to do...because I thought it was for "the good of my future"...but everytime I did something, It would be wrong. I'd play the piano wrong....I even didn't play the right guitar....she wanted "acoustic" but I don't like acoustic...so that was wrong. Finally, I just decided...I'm not living for her...I'm living for myself....and I'll do what I see fit and if I make mistakes...I make them on my own grounds.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Quote by kaolla-kakeI used to...but now, I've just stopped trying to please them....rather...my mom. I'd do everything she wanted me to do...because I thought it was for "the good of my future"...but everytime I did something, It would be wrong. I'd play the piano wrong....I even didn't play the right guitar....she wanted "acoustic" but I don't like acoustic...so that was wrong. Finally, I just decided...I'm not living for her...I'm living for myself....and I'll do what I see fit and if I make mistakes...I make them on my own grounds.

Yeah parents always want what's best for you but they don't even know that sometimes it's no even what we want. -_- Why must they be that way? I don't know.

Quote by kaolla-kakeI used to...but now, I've just stopped trying to please them....rather...my mom. I'd do everything she wanted me to do...because I thought it was for "the good of my future"...but everytime I did something, It would be wrong. I'd play the piano wrong....I even didn't play the right guitar....she wanted "acoustic" but I don't like acoustic...so that was wrong. Finally, I just decided...I'm not living for her...I'm living for myself....and I'll do what I see fit and if I make mistakes...I make them on my own grounds.

I...feel the same way... I mean...if I do manage to please them...it...is either not enough...or not right...

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

Heh, yeah, I "try" all the time. Key word there being "try", since nothing I do ever seems to please them. -_-

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

moonlight-shawdow

moonlight-shawdow

@riddle roses@

I try sometimes but aren't parents happy just cause ur wit them and is alive.hhmm....well i do try

I am a member of colorfull wallies. free--wallers vectory sakura--cb
nugeneration timeless--rain celestial-luminesse

Tias

Tias

Slither slither on the ground

i know how i can make them happy but aint doing it...only the stuff with school...they whant me to stop using so much time on my computer and go outside instead.....but i aint doing it...they think if they close my internet i will go out...but i told them that that whould be the worst thing to do....
they whant me to be mister perfect(do evething and be best in anything)...they just whant and whant whant...they are not happy with what i am allready giving...(and i am even the best in the class)..they are sooo greedy....

It is time for you to drown

maverickmechanic

maverickmechanic

Absurd Insanity

you should make your parents happy. even sometimes at the cost of your own happiesness, but there is a limit...

Signature ImageThere was glitter everywhere! It looked like somebody stabbed a pixie.
Roadie of .::DarK LeaF::.

cardmage

cardmage

After you

My parents have more or less grown to respect that I'm capable of doing things and stopped worrying what would become of me for some time now. My mom did use to nag me for every single thing in the past because she thought I couldn't take responsibility of myself but I've shown them I can... I suppose I can make my parents happy now by just being myself, so its not so bad... I guess I'm kinda lucky to have such understanding parents...

Life is tranquil, Death is peaceful...
Signature
Its the transition that is troublesome...

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

i used to do everything my parents told me to make them happy...i left my friends in high school to go to a private school, i studied diligently and earned good grades, i even cut my time with my friends because my parents wanted me to stay home to study, and i tried majoring in pre-med because they wanted me to become a doctor. but after jumping through all of these hoops for them, i just told myself that this is not making me happy and it's ridiculous trying to live my life for them. i know they are a bit disappointed that i'm not wealthy (my family pretty much only cares about money), but they still respect me because i'm basically a good person and turned out just fine without me having to make them happy at my expense.

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

lol, make my parents happy. that's easy,
all you have to do is be commited and open with them. Parents it when their children aren't happy. also If you say this following declaration (not exactly like this)

Declaration

Mum + Dad, I am going to create the possibility for us to have a better relationship with each other and i am going to be commited to what i do from now on.

I a giving up being self centred(eg) (all the negative points you think you about yourself)

And i acknowledge you for all the things you have done for me and that you've always been there for me even if not literally (eg)

sometimes this declaration can make your parents burst out crying with happiness, My mum did. Cause i did a self empowerment course and now my relationship with my parents is uber. but you don't have to if you don't want to.

Celessa

Retired Moderator

Celessa

Okaerinasai - Welcome Home

Quote: Do you try to make your parents happy? And if you do then why?

In any case, I don't evidently try to make my parents happy by being unhappy along the way. Of course, pleasing my parents is not apparently what I have in mind. It would be better to warrant self-focus and never to let things go in the way of your goals and dreams. **Nods** In any case, my parents would be proud of my accomplishments, and I'm sure any parent would be happy seeing their children growing up and supporting themselves in their own little ways. You know, making a family, or finding a secure job. I also realized [which is quite obvious, by the way] that as long as you remain a good person, they'll really like you down the road in the long run.

Then again, I know some friends whose parents hardly even care for them and turn their lives completely upsidedown. Thus, I'll just state this from my side, and from my point of view here.

"No matter where you go, no matter how tough life may be, just remember that always in your heart, you will still be loved."

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Yeah, sort of. If they are happy then I'm happy but if I don't make them happy...

Gulp...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

Tias

Tias

Slither slither on the ground

Quote by bblsi used to do everything my parents told me to make them happy...i left my friends in high school to go to a private school, i studied diligently and earned good grades, i even cut my time with my friends because my parents wanted me to stay home to study, and i tried majoring in pre-med because they wanted me to become a doctor. but after jumping through all of these hoops for them, i just told myself that this is not making me happy and it's ridiculous trying to live my life for them. i know they are a bit disappointed that i'm not wealthy (my family pretty much only cares about money), but they still respect me because i'm basically a good person and turned out just fine without me having to make them happy at my expense.

...lucky you...when i have to do somthing stuff like you and i whould say it dosent make me happy and i dont whant to they just ignore it.... and they whant me to be mister perfect...and when i ask WHY i have to get good grades...they just say :its for your future...its not for us your doing it...
LOL if i didnt get godo grades they get mad...so when i become 18-19 i am gonna go away from my home....and live somwhere els

It is time for you to drown

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

Quote by Tias
...lucky you...when i have to do somthing stuff like you and i whould say it dosent make me happy and i dont whant to they just ignore it.... and they whant me to be mister perfect...and when i ask WHY i have to get good grades...they just say :its for your future...its not for us your doing it...
LOL if i didnt get godo grades they get mad...so when i become 18-19 i am gonna go away from my home....and live somwhere els

i'm sorry that you feel the way you do...but i understand where you're coming from. it all started when i turned 18, too, and peaked at 20, that i just started doing what i wanted to do. my parents couldn't do much because i was an adult...so i understand about you wanting to leave when you're 18. you're an adult so you should be able to make those decisions freely. but i also learned that my parents mellowed out with age, so hopefully your parents will do the same and won't be too controlling over you later on. and i think when they see what a good (and hopefully responsible) person you've become, they'll realize that they can trust you to make your own choices to make yourself happy.

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

AnimeAlchemist

AnimeAlchemist

The Alchemy Mystery of Anime

it's called "Filial"

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.