Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Japanese or not? - Minitokyo

Japanese or not?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

(reads minitoyko guidlines) yep yep, i believe this fits within the guidlines, nope not doing anything wrong here (almost walks away without telling the topic) oh yah! okay, wich do you think is better? japanese music where you can't understand the words or american music? me, i like both to tell the truth, but sometime i think japanese people can really rock!! ^^ all opinion are welcome!(walks away whistling and trying to avoid [bot]chii) duu di duu di duu.........

hiddensnakehands

hiddensnakehands

Captain Obvious

well american music if they have some ood singers, i mean, britney spears????????, please, i like BoA more

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

getten

getten

Ever Promise (yakusoku)

acutally i cant understand japanese or english in music.......
i know i know, that sound stupid or something, but really, i need lyrics to know what are they singing~ so when i listen to music, i pretty much listen to the melody, if it sound good, then i like~
ps: that sound pretty lame right!? ^_^'

I like both. But a lot of people like only Japanese music for the wrong reasons. They think it makes them all "exotic, strange ,underground and away from the mainstream". Those people just are too lazy to take the time to find a lot of the good english bands out there. Most of them are underground and aren't played on the radio. There are over 20 different genres of metal, 24 breeds of electronica, including the crossover darkwave and not to mention tonnes of indie bands spanning genre upon genre. It bugs me, the people who say they only listen to japanese music because american music sucks, they're just being superficial and shallow because they fail to look beyong MTV and the radio, most of which is crap. I've found a lot of great Japanese bands. My fave being Dir en Grey. I'm incredibly into Visual-Kei and a lot of J-rock, however there are a lot of them just in it for the look, and I don't like that. I also adore Miyavi, Moi Dix Mois, Nightmare, Schwarz Stein and many others. So to all the people who say Japanese music sucks...."Listen to the quality of the music, go beyond the language barrier." And to the people who think American music sucks.." Go beyond mtv."

Fighting for peace is like having sex for virginity.

Rakuei

Rakuei

Evanrued's apprentice!

Quote by eeveeblazeI like both. But a lot of people like only Japanese music for the wrong reasons. They think it makes them all "exotic, strange ,underground and away from the mainstream". Those people just are too lazy to take the time to find a lot of the good english bands out there. Most of them are underground and aren't played on the radio. There are over 20 different genres of metal, 24 breeds of electronica, including the crossover darkwave and not to mention tonnes of indie bands spanning genre upon genre. It bugs me, the people who say they only listen to japanese music because american music sucks, they're just being superficial and shallow because they fail to look beyong MTV and the radio, most of which is crap. I've found a lot of great Japanese bands. My fave being Dir en Grey. I'm incredibly into Visual-Kei and a lot of J-rock, however there are a lot of them just in it for the look, and I don't like that. I also adore Miyavi, Moi Dix Mois, Nightmare, Schwarz Stein and many others. So to all the people who say Japanese music sucks...."Listen to the quality of the music, go beyond the language barrier." And to the people who think American music sucks.." Go beyond mtv."

:smiles: So true. I can remember back to when I was 9 listening to groups like Bewitched and the Back Street Boys. It wasn't until about 14 that I gained an interest in Japanese music. I grew up to it, and I have taught myself Japanese, but then again I also like American music. So as eeveeblaze said "go beyond mtv" :laugh: There's no problem in experimenting. You may even find the meaning in Japanese music that you couldn't find in American music.

Signature
Don't smoke yo!

Personally, I prefer Japanese music. There's quite a bit of good American stuff out there, but on the whole I think that Japanese music is better. The performers are more interesting too - take Gackt for example. Does America have a mainstream singer who claims to be a 400 year old psychic homosexual vampire?

Signature

wolfsfreak09

wolfsfreak09

humans are foolish

i like both of them they're both awesome plus you can learn to sing the songs and people not know what your talking about

Errr...I like both English and Japanese....I like Laruku, I also like Linkin Park,....shortly, both english music and japan music has their own taste...

well, i like J-pop K-pop C-pop and english. My favor singer is BoA =]. but i also like good english songs. =]

himan

~~ItAcHi MuSuMe~~

i like both there r very good ones in english as well as in japanese like avril n linkin park n Boa of course but japanese drives my folks mad coz they dont understand it.

Avi and signature made by CherryBlossomSakura
Thanx!!!
url=http://groups.minitokyo.net/day-dreamerz/]~Day-Dreamerz~[/url
Signature

tokyomichael

tokyomichael

Japan's Best Samurai

i like em both

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

crystalbluedragoon

crystalbluedragoon

withing the darkness;;

i like both of them.
I still listen to Japanese songs even though i don't know the lyrics!! Sometimes when I listen to English songs it is also kinda hard to make out the words though..

SebastianvonKane

SebastianvonKane

Omniversal lone traveler

I like West music (for me the English term does dofien almost nothg).
And even when I know some japanese, as well as some of this music (sigers like Maaya Sakamoto and composers like Yoko Kanno), it's still being a full more misc of music in english.
I've never heard a janapanese Marilyn Manson or a Rammstein.
If does exist, sorry, but I haven't herad it yet.

"You have a job to do, and so do I. Yours is to sell socks and suspenders. Mine is to cross-examine people like you and crush them".

niffer08

::Blossoms In The Wind::

I tend to go either way, but I like Japanese music better. With American music, I find that a lot of the artist put out CDs that only a few of the songs are worth my while. I find, though, when I listen to a Japanese CD I tend to like all of the songs for the most part. I just think we glorify the artists more than the music and I don't tend to find a lot of American music that is exceptionally well done. I mean, a few songs here and there are ones I can listen to over and over again, but it happens more often with Japanese music then American. I also find Japanese singing voices to be very 'interesting'. Such as Gackt's voice for instance; any time I listen to one of his songs, his voice just sounds so beautiful and carries me off. I rarely witness this same feeling with American music for some reason.

Signature
::Falling in love, giving it everything::
::With a wish that this is the last heartbreak::
::Even the cherry tree, swaying through time::
::Will eventually blossom::

listening to japanese music would be for me. And yes i do understand the words....afterall..i am...well
XD
anyways..
I feel japanese music still keeps its traditions in tact...unlike english music nowadays doesnt..its much more disgraceful now.>.>

chau-chan

chau-chan

Lonely in lost memories

I listen to asian music, but mostly japanese music, even tho I can't understand the words, I just like the beat in the background and the song..

TLTw804

TLTw804

TheLostTimberwolf

I have always loved listening to female japanese singers (regardless of comprehension of the language), to me their voice becomes another part of the music, almost like an instrument. Ive never heard love songs expressed with such emotion as the japanese do. And maybe its just cause it sounds 'fast' to me when i listen to jpop it really fits in to the beat well.

So i guess you could say i love listening to japanese music, however i do like music from other countries.

Signature
One day I will find Myself, but when I do will I like what I have found?

DaNuke

DaNuke

Punio de Hierro

Well, after 10 seconds of listening to a Do as Infinity song, I was feeling a compulsory and urgent need to put in Tupac Shakur.

Quote by people from the Irrompibles forumsDaedalus: i can imagine Rince's mangas
plater: ECCHI!
Pollo: Pure vile hentai.

Listening: Vengaboys - We Like to Party (The Vengabus)

I like them both. Especially if it's heavy. Sometimes I have to listen to English music though because lyrics are usually very important to me. I listen to non-English/Spanish lyrics if I'm somewhat distracted, otherwise I have to be able to understand what I'm listening to.

I like listening to japanese music better than english music even though I don't understand much japanese. I find that the tunes in japanese music tend to be nice than english music and it is the same with the voices

i like both

maya7

maya7

~SilentzKiller~

i will say i like listening to both japanese & english music but mostly (80%) i listen to japanese music. i dunno why i listen to japanese music even tough i dont understand much but i like the tune & how the song goes. i still prefer japanese music (especially jpop) ^^

Is this working..?? testing ..tesing...1..2..3.. ( lolz ^ ^x)~

i like the music that i dont understand more xD

Umm I like both the same o__O, but I personally think that Japanese idols are sexier XDD

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 25 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.