Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Are you posessive of "YOUR" anime? - Minitokyo

Are you posessive of "YOUR" anime?

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Similar to my computer posessiveness thread a while back; are you overly-posessive about certain anime series? There are some series, mostly the ones that I buy in full DVD entirety, that I just don't like other people (mostly those I know) watching. I feel like everything about that series, the feelings it brought me, are mine and mine alone; my feelings attach themselves to the characters and happenings of the show. I'm a bit strange in that I love looking forward to anime so much that I sometimes leave it un-opened on my shelf for a few days, just to know it's there when I need it (I get preassured to open them by peers and it makes me very angry). I also get the feeling sometimes when I get attached to a character that "this is MY character, and NOBODY else in the WORLD loves them more than ME!" I could just be way out of my mind, or do some of you feel similar?

Signature
"Eloi, Eloi, lema... sabachthani..."

sylven

sylven

Hentai Sage

I know how you feel, I only like my friends to know lol.

Signature

slsfavanime

slsfavanime

Akitsuki_sama no kotoba

Em... i'm not too posessive but i will b very angry if some one said that anime/manga is only for small little kids... also to anyone who doesnt appreciate anime/manga. My fren once lost my CCS dvd ... i got too angry until no words came out n too hard to cry out... but some how i bought it again at a cheaper price. But still i really treasure all my anime stuff as if they r living things... talk to them like frens ha ha ha...i'm weird!!!

Odysseus

Odysseus

Still searching...

Indeed I feel the same way. I feel like it's my series (Even though I know obviously there are plenty of people who watch it.) and wan't it to be mine and mine alone.

Oh My!! it's sooo good to know that someone is as posessive as me with anime ^__^, hahaha lol you're like my soulmate, It's like if you were describing me XD

EvoIIICE9A

EvoIIICE9A

Got Dango?

*clings onto Keisuke Takahashi* he is mine mine all mine mwahahahah. I am very possessive of my anime specially when it come to Initial D. I have gotten into very heated arguments over it, I will defend it specially when my sister's friend calls Keisuke a sissy boy and I wont let anyone touch my dvds. For other series I like if its something that I really really like I wont say nothing to other people about it so they wont want to go out and watch it. At least I know now there is a couple of people the same as me now *dances around*

enriquetntcagua

enriquetntcagua

wisdom gives you wings

Nope, quite the opposite i backup my originals, or backup my DLs, and lend them to as much friends as i can, a got a lot of them hooked, and now they buy and Dl anime too, which of course i also get, sure some of the disc get lost or damaged, but their all backups so i dont care i expand the fanbase, i get a lot of extra anime via friends, so i recommend everyone to lend, LEND more, GET more, VIEW MORE (it can take several tries to get some hardheads into anime, but keep lending eventually youll hit a softspot, by the way girls fall like flies whit heavy shojo like AIR, and kiminozo, and guys you can get whit gory ones like gantz, and elfen lied, then hook them whit great plot ones like gungrave or berserk, i dont recommend long series as great as they are itll be very hard to convince someone to se 20 DVDs of single thing)

the difference betwen mediocre and average is practice
the difference between average and great is dedication
the difference between great and excellent is genius

Quote by TranceAionSimilar to my computer posessiveness thread a while back; are you overly-posessive about certain anime series? There are some series, mostly the ones that I buy in full DVD entirety, that I just don't like other people (mostly those I know) watching. I feel like everything about that series, the feelings it brought me, are mine and mine alone; my feelings attach themselves to the characters and happenings of the show. I'm a bit strange in that I love looking forward to anime so much that I sometimes leave it un-opened on my shelf for a few days, just to know it's there when I need it (I get preassured to open them by peers and it makes me very angry). I also get the feeling sometimes when I get attached to a character that "this is MY character, and nobody else in the world loves them more than me!" I could just be way out of my mind, or do some of you feel similar?

I feel and think the same as you ^^

When I buy anime or manga I get very angry when other people watch or talk about them, and sometimes I only watch a few minutes of an anime and I feel like it is mine, and of course I get really angry when people talk about the characters...
... so yes I'm possessive VERY possessive with my anime (my treasures)

Well here in MT is different, here I like to talk with people about anime and manga ^^

It's relieving to see people with the same feelings! About defending series; I recently had the urge to see Sailor Moon from the beginning to end and well, lets just say I haven't been supported by my friends at all in my interests. I really love the feeling of watching such a classic for the first time, it's like I missed out when I was watching DBZ (I guess I'm so developed in otakudom that I love everything now =) ). But anyway I got the first season box set and my friends think I'm crazy, maybe it's because of the reputation the English TV version gave it, but I'm having a great time damnit! Back on subject, I really don't mean to be offensive about my posessiveness, also, when I talk about this, letting my friends actually borrow my DVDs is almost out of the question (lol). Getting anime to as many people as possible is admirable, but that's another thing that I have strong feelings towards: I don't actually want to see anime get really popular. I remember what happened to video games, I was proud of being a "geek" but now everyone plays games and it's not special anymore to be a big gamer. I know I sound selfish in all this, but at least the MT community lets me know I'm still not a bad person (am I?). Lol.

Signature

Kazuki-Shikimori

MT-U Anime & Manga Consultant

i know exactly what you mean^_^

Quote by TranceAionIt's relieving to see people with the same feelings! About defending series; I recently had the urge to see Sailor Moon from the beginning to end and well, lets just say I haven't been supported by my friends at all in my interests. I really love the feeling of watching such a classic for the first time, it's like I missed out when I was watching DBZ (I guess I'm so developed in otakudom that I love everything now =) ). But anyway I got the first season box set and my friends think I'm crazy, maybe it's because of the reputation the English TV version gave it, but I'm having a great time damnit! Back on subject, I really don't mean to be offensive about my posessiveness, also, when I talk about this, letting my friends actually borrow my DVDs is almost out of the question (lol). Getting anime to as many people as possible is admirable, but that's another thing that I have strong feelings towards: I don't actually want to see anime get really popular. I remember what happened to video games, I was proud of being a "geek" but now everyone plays games and it's not special anymore to be a big gamer. I know I sound selfish in all this, but at least the MT community lets me know I'm still not a bad person (am I?). Lol.

I don't think you are a bad person

A few years ago no one know anime, neither manga, but now many people know them and like it, and it is getting very popular, honestly I don't want that happen... but the only thing I can do is... accept it... You are right, the same happened to the video games

Sorry for my bad English -_-

FallingAwake

FallingAwake

Seafaring Swashbuckler

Hmm. I don't think I'm that posessive of anime. I do get upset when people diss a series they've only seen a few episodes of or diss a character without a valid reason. But it's not like I can force someone to enjoy or understand a series the same way I do.

i also don't obsess and become posessive of a character. Well I might obsess, but I don't get posessive because to me it's silly. It's like how many of the millions of anime fans can declare a character for themselves only. Well I haven't met anyone serious about that, so it's all fun and good.....

I also get very upset when I lend out anime, and the person I lent it to has lent it out to someone else without my permission. Then I don't get it back for months. I frickin hate that. It's like a lost pet or something. :(

Signature Image

well .. now that i think about it .. i'm kinda possessive in a way .. only the ppl i trust with my anime stuff can touch them ^_^' .. or if not, i'll have to watch the person as he/she goes through my stuff XD

O.O ::hugs all managing to stay away from anything anime related:: I am the same my brothers and sisters come!let us rise up!we shall do something ::shrug::I unno

BOO! muhaha I scared ya huh? ^^ asorry ::hug::
Im me I'm bored and lonely ::sniff:: ;.;
ro rocks ehehe

Silverwolf12

Silverwolf12

Ed's love

YES! Of course I'm crazy too so that adds to it

" Do what she says Ed, drink the dumb milk."

Mizu-kun

Emotionless Baka

I'm only possesive of my DVD's and manga. With downloaded anime (damn, I'm evil ... >.<) it's more the opposite. Oh, and of course I'm really possesive of my artbooks.....because they're too expensive ^_^'

I'm like that. x3 If I see an episode of an anime, I become obsessed and need to buy the series. Like with Fruits Basket and Rozen Maiden... x_x; And I obsess over anime guys, and have weird fights with my friends about some anime guys.. Like Ritsuka from Loveless.. x3

Not me... I prefer to get more people to know the anime(s) that I love.... That way, there're more people to talk to about it... More people to share the cute times and the good fight scenes.... More people to LOVE the anime as much as I do.... :nya:
But I do get 'possessive' of the characters I love XD

It makes me feel good to know there are other people who love the same anime and think it's the best...!
Not only that, I got my friend hooked on Naruto now she loves it more than the one SHE intro'd me to, Saiyuki, and she tells me she loves me for sharing it and kept thanking ME every time she gets to watch a new ep. I actually feel really happy.. At least I did a good 'deed' XP

i don't like to 'make' people like the animes I like... But I like to expand the animes' fanbase by simply introducing them to friends, cousins, college mates even certain lecturer's kids ^_^'

But I DO NOT appreciate people saying 'things' about my fav animes.... So I would say I'm possessive in a way that if other people were to watch it, they better like it and say so or don't and NOT say anything about it :D

Quote by enriquetntcagua i dont recommend long series as great as they are itll be very hard to convince someone to se 20 DVDs of single thing)

On the contrary... I actually like to do that XP
And a friend of mine actually ended up buying the whole Prince of Tennis set.... 9 vcd sets at one go... Even I was :\ ^_^' o_0

Yes... and no. I'm not so high-and-mighty that I refrain from sharing something so great as my favorite anime (Gundam Wing) with my friends, family, or acquaintances. If I could, I would easily take the chance of sitting everyone down and having them watch all together. It would be great! Actually, when I get the chance, I'm going to have some of my friends watch Gundam Wing. It's because I love it that I want to share it with them.

i will always have those first impressions of when I first watched the series and such feelings will never leave me (even considering how long ago Gundam Wing aired). At times, when I'm watching alone, I have this nostalgic feeling - it's great! It lets me know that I haven't forgotten that despite whatever new anime may come, this will always be a part of me. Sharing it with others won't erase my memories of it, nor will it dillute my love of it... if anything, it will only serve to create new memories, new allies, and a greater understanding through different perspectives of different people all in conversation about the same anime series.

However, I absolutely cannot permit anyone to -borrow- my GW dvd box set, the EW dvd, the mangas, or anything else related to it. Sure, they can read it, look at it... whatever; but under no circumstances am I going to leave the room.

@}>- "When nothing makes sense, I'll fight believing in myself."
|| Gundam Haven || Doujinshi Support Club || Deviants || Final Fantasy X/-2 || FLIP ||

Well I probably don't have the right to judge, but it's more that I end up thinking some people don't deserve something so great. That sounds really really bad, but there are just some people that see it and aren't afraid to tell you how it's not that great, or don't respect it the way they should. A lot of hard work is put into anime and manga and I think that hard work deserves respect. But when I really think about it, the people who do all that hard work probably want the most people to see it as possible... though it's hard to change how I personally feel. On another note, I did lend out my entire Trigun series to a freind; they were "stolen" (all 8 or 9 DVDs) and I have never seen them again. My friend offered to get me some cheap bootleg stuff off Ebay but I refused. Now is that a horror story or what?

Signature

page 1 of 1 20 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.