Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Hospitality! - Minitokyo

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 50 total items

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

How do you treat your guest/s in your home?

As you see, I'm from Philippines and it's normal to treat our guest/s like that their our own family. We treat them like it's their own home they are on.

How about you guys?

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

Lodigo

~Assasin Cross~

same like you :D

It kills me when we have unexpected guests at home.

No, really, it does.
I leer at 'em from the second floor of our house (makes me look like a vulture, I've been told). They, in turn, do not take in any food/drink we serve especially when they see me hanging around in the kitchen. Sure way to force them to finish their business quickly. My mother says I've been like that since I was little and really need to change that habit. After all, I sure want to be treated well when I'm the guest.

Feh, I'm a selfish bitch and could care less.

Quote by MrSixkiller89same like you :D

Yup its the same.....

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

We most definetly do not treat them like our own family. Otherwise there would be a lot of shouting and being mean. hehehe. So we treat them like they were really special, try to fill all their needs, and have a lot of patience for them.

lapuk

lapuk

spidey is gay

depends on the guests.. if they are in our house for the time, we give them special treatment.. but if they have been visiting us for quite sme time already, for example my friends, of course itll be less special but still warm nonetheless. i guess filipinos are the best in treating their guests..

KyoFan368

KyoFan368

I'm going to take a...zzzz

Since, I live in a small town everyone knows everyone so its treat them like family or nausty roomers!!! But if it is a complete stranger I'm not all that friendly I don't really trust people at first!!!^__^ :) :D :pacman:

-The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. ~Helen Keller :D
Signature

AngelKate

AngelKate

~*Lady Sweetness*~

I just do my best to make our guests happy, and feel at home. ^_^

Signature
Not really walling much anymore D: Feel free to browse my gallery, though!
Thank you for the siggy and avy, Kitten! ^_^

keter

keter

Drow

I try to make them feel as comfortable as i can, but that means they are going to eat everything inside my fridge ^_^U

Evil creatures cannot sing.- Drizzt Do' Urden

Just because soldiers are on the same side now don't mean they always will be. Politics determine who you face on the battlefield. A soldier is a political tool, nothing more. There is a saying in the orient :"Loyalty to the end". Devoting yourself to your country. People aren't the ones who dictate the missions but the times.People's values changes over time, and so do the leaders of a country. The enemies we fight are only enemies in relative terms, constantly changing along with the times. Yesterday's evil might be tomorrow's evil. As long as we have loyalty to the end there's no point in believing in anything, even in those we love. The only thing we can believe in with absolute certainty... is the mission

Quote by AngelKateI just do my best to make our guests happy, and feel at home. ^_^

Same here.

i love it when beloved guests drop by and its very nice when they feel loved enough and confortable enough to stay and i like curious sweet people....but the only thing i don't like is unexpectadly walking in or not giving me atleast 5 min to make sure i'm decent lol.

Quote by RevueIt kills me when we have unexpected guests at home. No, really, it
does. I leer at 'em from the second floor of our house (makes me look
like a vulture, I've been told). They, in turn, do not take in any
food/drink we serve especially when they see me hanging around in the
kitchen. Sure way to force them to finish their business quickly. My
mother says I've been like that since I was little and really need to
change that habit. After all, I sure want to be treated well when I'm
the guest.
Feh, I'm a selfish bitch and could care less.

lol, yeah! thats exactly how i feel inside! but culture and karma get the best of me....i act cordially and entirely hospitable to our house guests (which we have ALOT of)..because i want them to treat me the same when i go to their houses

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

As you see, Filipinos are really hospitable on their guest/s but sometimes when that particular guest/s is/are being abusive, we'll just say that it's not their own house they are to...

Quote by lapuk i guess filipinos are the best in treating their guests..

You're right there bud. Filipinos are the best in treating guests. Many foreigners experienced that kind of culture in the Philippines and they say it's great. ^_^

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

I'm nice to people, usually. If they're unexpected and not for me, I usually just stay in my room and out of their way, especially since I usually look really sloppy. If I'm looking nice and I'm supposed to entertain, I'm pretty nice. I usually try and have the TV on mute, because that way it breaks the awkward silences. I've noticed that if we're in the living room and there's nothing to talk about really, if the TV's on, the other person tends to kinda watch it, then it sparks another conversation. However, with friends, especially mine, if they've been to my house more than five times, they're not considered guests anymore, and they get to see me in all my sloppy glory. Most of my friends know their way around my house just as much as I do, and help themselves to whatever they need. I have friends just come over and shower then leave. It's kinda just what we do to each other.

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

It's customary for Germans (like me), to treat everyone with the utmost respect and to offer hospitality to anyone who should ask. :D

Why do you kill the joy of death?

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by shadowplaygirlekoI'm nice to people, usually. If they're unexpected and not for me, I usually just stay in my room and out of their way, especially since I usually look really sloppy. If I'm looking nice and I'm supposed to entertain, I'm pretty nice. I usually try and have the TV on mute, because that way it breaks the awkward silences. I've noticed that if we're in the living room and there's nothing to talk about really, if the TV's on, the other person tends to kinda watch it, then it sparks another conversation. However, with friends, especially mine, if they've been to my house more than five times, they're not considered guests anymore, and they get to see me in all my sloppy glory. Most of my friends know their way around my house just as much as I do, and help themselves to whatever they need. I have friends just come over and shower then leave. It's kinda just what we do to each other.

Hmm... I do that too. I always go to my friend's house like it's a normal day but if he's the one going at my place, we treat him as a guest because he only often go at mine.

I also agree with what you said earlier...
If that guest is not mine, then I'll just help to entertain them and if I'm finish doing that then I'll just sit back or go outside...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

lthnadml

lthnadml

Chasing shadows . . .

I try to make them feel as comfortable as i can. :)
I'm nice to people, usually. :hmpf: But some times i need my space. :)

A nocturnal concerto,Candlelight whispers me where to go,Hymn of gathering stars as my guide,As I wander on this path of the night

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by sjolleyIt's customary for Germans (like me), to treat everyone with the utmost respect and to offer hospitality to anyone who should ask. :D

And in the Philippines, people are treated very well if they're a guest...

But it's only natural for other countries to do the same...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

BossMac

BossMac

BRBFBI

Just let them come in and do whatever they want. It's my house. My visitors should always remember that I have a self-service policy....

Signature

We pour them tea, seat them down and then the political discussion begins. *big shigh* I can't stand a whole night of why or why nots so I usually escape to my room.
After I produce a platter of fruit, complete with toothpicks. =3

- This Free Life Crisis -

DarkIngram

DarkIngram

Urzu 7

We're both Filipino, same like you^ ^

Quote by AkaikenHow do you treat your guest/s in your home?
As you see, I'm from Philippines and it's normal to treat our guest/s like that their our own family. We treat them like it's their own home they are on.
How about you guys?

Kwadjo

zionist

Treating every one hospitibly is a part of being a good and respectable human. With material attachment aside a house is a house, where all is equal.

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by KwadjoTreating every one hospitibly is a part of being a good and respectable human. With material attachment aside a house is a house, where all is equal.

That makes sense...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

redblitzkrieg

redblitzkrieg

Greatness, at any cost

I welcome visitors since im the only one living in my big house..
The only matter is "Food". They must provide me some..

â??Eye of twilight, give us sight.
Take our offer, give us might.
Make our power tears of night.â??

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 50 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.