Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How to expand RAM memory? - Minitokyo

How to expand RAM memory?

page 1 of 1 5 total items

kuzuryume

kuzuryume

~~Daughter Of The Wind~~

if you have a pc with 256 MB RAM, but it's only using 224MB, how can you make it use the hole 256MB?

...and remember, your dreams are the wings that will help you fly ~m^_^m~

hongrboi

hongrboi

getting pwned by school

I don't think you can change it. 256mb refers to the maximum that it can operate at under certain conditions and stuff. I think its like when you buy a computer and the advertisment says 80gb hardrive, its actually like74gb because the OS takes up like 6gb and theres no way to get that 6gb back unless you delete your OS(which would be a bad thing)

"Once two star have collided and return to their orbit, the chance of colliding again is infinity small, for there are many other possible collisions."
Signature Image
Latest wall ::A Void in my Heart::

maybe u're using the wrong tool to check ur ram? with regards to wot hongrboi says, its true, but a 32mb ram difference seems a bit high...doesnt it, considering its only 256mb ram?

Quote by hongrboiI think its like
when you buy a computer and the advertisment says 80gb hardrive, its
actually like74gb because the OS takes up like 6gb and theres no way to
get that 6gb back unless you delete your OS(which would be a bad thing)

The difference between advertised hard drive space and the hard drive space reported by the OS is mostly caused by different definitions of the units. Windows uses 1GB = 2^30 but hard drives are usually advertised with the GB = 1000 MB or something. The partitions do use space but only a few megabytes. You can learn more about this problem here.
Edit: The OS does use a significant amount of space but my C:\WINDOWS folder only uses 3.35 GB.

Quote by kuzuryumeif you have a pc with 256 MB RAM, but it's only using 224mb, how can you make it use the hole 256MB?

What did you use to get measurement? It might have only been measuring the amount of RAM currently being used. That doesn't mean that you don't have access to all of it if you wanted to.

Also to nitpick a little: "ram memory" is redundant because RAM is an acronym for Random Access Memory so "ram memory" would mean "Random Access Memory memory".

It might be bcuz you have an integrated graphics chip on your mother board that has 32MB shared memory which means 32MB gets dedicated to the graphics chip and doesnt count towards your ram. Thats probably my best gues.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.