Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Chivalry has died... - Minitokyo

Chivalry has died...

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 71 total items

I believe chivalry isn't dead. I do most things on my own without help but I've had gentlemen come over and ask me if I need help if I look like I'm really really struggling. With which I usually turn them down but I much greatly appreciate their concern. But I think it doesn't hurt to have chivaly around.. just not too much of it that it becomes offensive.

I don't believe there should be a thing called "Chivalry" at all. It states to use good manners towards women, where in fact people should just use those manners and do good deeds to everyone. Not just women anymore. If anyone is struggling with something, isn't it your obligation, not only as a man, but as a human being, to help them? No matter their gender?

Fighting for peace is like having sex for virginity.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by eeveeblazeI don't believe there should be a thing called "Chivalry" at all. It states to use good manners towards women, where in fact people should just use those manners and do good deeds to everyone. Not just women anymore. If anyone is struggling with something, isn't it your obligation, not only as a man, but as a human being, to help them? No matter their gender?

That's right but chivalry isn't only counted to women but also to men.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

jeanie727

jeanie727

J E A N i E

Yea chivalry = R. I. P. x.X
Ahh, but some guys at school are gentleman..I guess..there were a couple of times when I would be the first to get to the door when I'd be walking with my guy friends. I'd open the door and go, "Ladies first.." I was just joking with them and they would just stand there and wait for me to in before they did. Good times..

The important thing was to love rather than to be loved. // W. Somerset Maugham
Signature

Chivalry nowadays seems outdated and is considered sexist is why.
It's a willing undertaking, being or not. But it should not be expected of someone.

i don't think that its dead, it just depends on what you beleave and how you are raised..

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by jeanie727Yea chivalry = R. I. P. x.X
Ahh, but some guys at school are gentleman..I guess..there were a couple of times when I would be the first to get to the door when I'd be walking with my guy friends. I'd open the door and go, "Ladies first.." I was just joking with them and they would just stand there and wait for me to in before they did. Good times..

Hmm... seriously? That's good...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

It's not definitely dead actually.

It's just men don't act like one these days.

Quote by MilieuIt's just men don't act like one these days.

that means it's dead?

well, i don't think it's dead. there are a few here and there, but that makes it all the more valuable to have as a trait. i mean, help a girl sit at a dinner table, and she'll swoon. ;)

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by nekkid

Quote by MilieuIt's just men don't act like one these days.

that means it's dead?

I think that's not what he meant by that...

I think that he just said that because many people just don't act like one but at least there are still some that act as one.

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

It's not that chivalrous men are gone but you may call it "rare".

Anyone can practice chivalrous acts but I think they are just lazy doing so...

RainOfStars

RainOfStars

Elusive Dream

Quote by MilieuIt's not that chivalrous men are gone but you may call it "rare".

I agree with that. Nowadays, males aren't as cultural. They are all too corrupted by the media. Basically, they are mindless violent idiots.
There are still some men the are polite to people. (For myself, I try to be as polite as possible, but some people just pisses me off).

Signature

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by RainOfStars

Quote by MilieuIt's not that chivalrous men are gone but you may call it "rare".

I agree with that. Nowadays, males aren't as cultural. They are all too corrupted by the media. Basically, they are mindless violent idiots.
There are still some men the are polite to people. (For myself, I try to be as polite as possible, but some people just pisses me off).

Yeah, that's right but there are certain things that men consider these days... I think...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

Quote by Akaiken

Quote by RainOfStars

Yeah, that's right but there are certain things that men consider these days... I think...

Hmm... I merely saw such things these days and I think I'll agree!

cifiryn

cifiryn

~ Erase & Rewrite ~

Quote by Akaiken Yeah, that's right but there are certain things that men consider these days... I think...

Are you sure? Nah, just kidding :)
I know a lot of guys that are polite and nice.
I for one, do not like guys that are too polite and act as "gentleman" all the time... It can be annoying...
In Denmark, chivalrous men are rare, really rare. You can still find some though... ok, that was a wild guess ^_^'

it's not dead in all of us

Signature

when you look into the shadows you will find a friend

Thanks DREAM for the great sig

i respect the girls who im friends with and help em whenever they need it. though i do piss off my sis by opening the door for her whitch she hates and i do it just cause it annoiys her. i beleive for the most part chivilry is dead and i am ashamed to be a guy in this day and age..

pervertfox

pervertfox

bot KILLER!! -->ragnarok<--

cant see why they think its dead?? i still practice such...

women should be respected like how you see youself.. considering you dont want to die yet AND you still respect your being...

i believe in it.. and one shouldnt see it as imaginative or way too old...

Signature

MY SUBMISSIONS:
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/134417/ - makin more! bout a naruto pic made in MSPAINT duh!!! -_-
http://gallery.minitokyo.net/view/153325/ - GOTEN WALLIE by me of course!! not MSpaint anymore.. it wont be a burden to look.. and comment on a little! ^_^ thanks

IM A MOD AT:
http://groups.minitokyo.net/make-a-friend/

IM A MEMBER OF:
http://groups.minitokyo.net/photobucket-users/
http://groups.minitokyo.net/Filipino-Community/
http://groups.minitokyo.net/theunderappreciated/

wolfco

wolfco

Prelate

Chivalry isn't dead it has just evolved to suit modern culture. Chivalrous behavior is nothing more than being considerate. There are plenty of men who are considerate. Sometimes you just have to look hard to find one.

If you would challenge me, then you must first stand before the Darkness. You must look into it and become it. You must fall before it and then reach out to encompass it. When it is joined to your heart, you must overcome its insidious temptation. You are ready to face me when you can betray even your own heart in service to your cause.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by pervertfoxcant see why they think its dead?? i still practice such...
women should be respected like how you see youself.. considering you dont want to die yet AND you still respect your being...
i believe in it.. and one shouldnt see it as imaginative or way too old...

I also practice it but merely...

Quote by wolfcoChivalry isn't dead it has just evolved to suit modern culture. Chivalrous behavior is nothing more than being considerate. There are plenty of men who are considerate. Sometimes you just have to look hard to find one.

Agreed...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

cryingwolf

cryingwolf

Chivalry is thought to be dead because of the players out there who mentally and physically abuse the women they are "with". Chivalry is not dead, however, if the hearts of the good men out there would stand up and show the women who have been hurt that they deserve alot more in life - then chivalry would not be on it's last legs as it is today - I'm doing my part.....are you?

what is all the pain and agony of life for/ yet all of us decide that it's good and come for more/it's better to have loved then never loved before/I'm not sure if this is true especially when my heart has been crushed into the floor/

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by cryingwolfChivalry is thought to be dead because of the players out there who mentally and physically abuse the women they are &quot;with&quot;. Chivalry is not dead, however, if the hearts of the good men out there would stand up and show the women who have been hurt that they deserve alot more in life - then chivalry would not be on it's last legs as it is today - I'm doing my part.....are you?

Chivalrous man indeed. I do my part...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

PwnOXz0r

PwnOXz0r

The One

I've seen this first hand and chivalry may as well as be dead considering how little there is. Personally I am very gentlemanly.

Join us. There is no option but Green.
Be bold, think Green www.limerockcafe.net

Limerockcafe.net

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by PwnOXz0rI've seen this first hand and chivalry may as well as be dead considering how little there is. Personally I am very gentlemanly.

Hmm... considering how poor chivalry is now, might consider it dead...

Poor world!

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

page 2 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 Next » 71 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.