Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Chivalry has died... - Minitokyo

Chivalry has died...

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 71 total items

RahX101

RahX101

is it any wonder i cant sleep

i try my best at being a gentleman so i guess i do my part. i do have male friends that can care less about chivalry so i assume it all comes down to personal opnions or others. if they dont believe in it then why bother i am told by them so it may just be endangered as someone said earlier on not completly dead as many think.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by RahX101i try my best at being a gentleman so i guess i do my part. i do have male friends that can care less about chivalry so i assume it all comes down to personal opnions or others. if they dont believe in it then why bother i am told by them so it may just be endangered as someone said earlier on not completly dead as many think.

That's a good explanation. Just as you said, it's on the opinions of others, right?

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

I 'm lucky, my boyfriend practices chivalry >.< he's always giving my his coat when it's raining, he makes sure he's the one walking closes to the road, he opens doors for me... so it's totally dead

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by feoraI 'm lucky, my boyfriend practices chivalry &gt;.&lt; he's always giving my his coat when it's raining, he makes sure he's the one walking closes to the road, he opens doors for me... so it's totally dead

Many men do that when it comes to their loved ones...

But sometimes when other people is involved, they care less...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

RahX101

RahX101

is it any wonder i cant sleep

Quote by AkaikenThat's a good explanation. Just as you said, it's on the opinions of others, right?

well thats how i see it now.

Quote by feoraI 'm lucky, my boyfriend practices chivalry &gt;.&lt; he's always giving my his coat when it's raining, he makes sure he's the one walking closes to the road, he opens doors for me... so it's totally dead

totally dead? i thought he practice's it on you??

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

totally dead? i thought he practice's it on you??

I think she meant for others...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

Duty? The only duty I'll accept is a duty I invent or adopt for myself.

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned for myself, Chivarly is dead. That does not mean I don't go around disrespecting people and being dishonorable, but I don't have a specific code to live by. I do what I think is right and that is all.

And I love to help people out, but only if they ask...

ghaleon1103

ghaleon1103

layer 11: INFORNOGRAPHY

I don't feel that chivalry is entirely dead, not at all. I would consider myself quite chivalrous, as a matter of fact. I treat ladies with respect, I open doors for people (men too, actually), and just today at the hurricane shelter (Hurricane Dennis - I live in the Florida panhandle) an older woman using a cane came into the room where I was sitting comfortably in a chair. Seeing that there were no other chairs available, I offered her my own, and did so gladly.
It may not be as popular as it was in the past, but it's still very much alive in individual people... some may simply call it courtesy.

This signature violates the signature guidelines, thus it has been removed.

annex

annex

evolve

well, just the other day i was in a crowded building......and some boys were all smunched up in a cluster, so i was trapped.....
but one of the guys shoved his friend outta the way for me. like really hard, ouchy shove type.

so i guess it's just different now......people have less manners and are more lazy, but it's sad when that IS the nicest thing that has been done for me in awhile.

Have a nice day!

I am a member of COLOFULL WALLIES!

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by ghaleon1103I don't feel that chivalry is entirely dead, not at all. I would consider myself quite chivalrous, as a matter of fact. I treat ladies with respect, I open doors for people (men too, actually), and just today at the hurricane shelter (Hurricane Dennis - I live in the Florida panhandle) an older woman using a cane came into the room where I was sitting comfortably in a chair. Seeing that there were no other chairs available, I offered her my own, and did so gladly.
It may not be as popular as it was in the past, but it's still very much alive in individual people... some may simply call it courtesy.

Yep. It's not popular now but it's still being practiced.

Quote by annexso i guess it's just different now......people have less manners and are more lazy, but it's sad when that IS the nicest thing that has been done for me in awhile.

Yeah but what do you mean by you're sad when it's the nicest thing that has done to you?

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

Quote by ghaleon1103I don't feel that chivalry is entirely dead, not at all. I would consider myself quite chivalrous, as a matter of fact. I treat ladies with respect, I open doors for people (men too, actually), and just today at the hurricane shelter (Hurricane Dennis - I live in the Florida panhandle) an older woman using a cane came into the room where I was sitting comfortably in a chair. Seeing that there were no other chairs available, I offered her my own, and did so gladly.

Yeah, and to see is to believe...

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by MystfyreDuty? The only duty I'll accept is a duty I invent or adopt for myself.
Anyway, as far as I'm concerned for myself, Chivarly is dead. That does not mean I don't go around disrespecting people and being dishonorable, but I don't have a specific code to live by. I do what I think is right and that is all.
And I love to help people out, but only if they ask...

Hmm... I think you don't like to brag with others, do you?

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by XymorIt's the feminism fault... :x

Feminism itself is a fault.

I am invincible!

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by BorisGrishenko

You think so?

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

champ0342

champ0342

Anime's Beeotch

Chivalry isn't dead, its just not practices as much today

Signature
www.transluscent.net/perspective/
Gain a little Perspective

SamuraiHaruko

SamuraiHaruko

Butterfly

ofcourse there's another thread about this! it's mine! lol No chivarly has not died thats can be viewed as a godd thing or bad....I'll part take on it's good side. It's honest and polite but there aren't that many people in the world like that

Magically Delicious, yo.

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by Akaiken

Quote by BorisGrishenko

You think so?

I do. I could write an extensive article about it, and I even might at some point. I have read several too.

I am invincible!

aog506

~Burn It All~

Chivalry isn't comepletely dead. But yeah it is less common. If I didn't open doors for my girl and stuff she'd probably be pissed off at me.

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by BorisGrishenko

Quote by Akaiken

Quote by BorisGrishenko

Quote by XymorIt(...) the feminism fault... :x

You think so?

I do. I could write an extensive article about it, and I even might at some point. I have read several too.

Please do tell us...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by Akaiken

Quote by BorisGrishenko

Quote by Akaiken

Quote by BorisGrishenko[(...) the feminism fault... :x

You think so?

Last time I came even close to making a gender-related post it was closed really fast. Remind me some time, I will post it in my blogs when I have more time to write it properly. Fire school takes too much of my brain right now.

Please do tell us...

I am invincible!

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by BorisGrishenko

Quote by Akaiken

Quote by BorisGrishenko

Quote by Akaiken[(...) the feminism fault... :x

You think so?

Last time I came even close to making a gender-related post it was closed really fast. Remind me some time, I will post it in my blogs when I have more time to write it properly. Fire school takes too much of my brain right now.
Please do tell us...

That's bad but okay... I'll wait...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

I think it is becoming misunderstood and people are now calling what never would have been considered chivarly years ago to be chivarly. Basic things that should just be common sense and done out of common courtesy to other people, such as holding doors open.

Truth told people don't seem to care anymore, when driving recently I notice no one obey's yeild signs any more and as such almost causes accidents. Then they get angry at me if I honk my horn at them for almost causing a crash (worse they are doing this with kids in the car).

That (at least to me) is one sign chivarly is dying, common courtesies and paitence are vanishing quickly and with them the role of chivarly is shrinking to only what use to be common courtesies and signs of people actually being paitent and understanding of another person.

I also think people are becoming more paranoid and taking that paranoia and fear out on the world. It's hard to find chivarly when people are scared and channeling that fear into anger toward others and taking out that anger for the smallest thing the other person does which they see as being wrong, or as being directed against them.

----------------------------
"It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison" - Michelle Chang R.o.D. the TV

"Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he always wanted . . . he lived happily ever after." - Willy Wonka

Akaiken

Akaiken

Ike, Fin Funnel!

Quote by rmuyoI think it is becoming misunderstood and people are now calling what never would have been considered chivarly years ago to be chivarly. Basic things that should just be common sense and done out of common courtesy to other people, such as holding doors open.
Truth told people don't seem to care anymore, when driving recently I notice no one obey's yeild signs any more and as such almost causes accidents. Then they get angry at me if I honk my horn at them for almost causing a crash (worse they are doing this with kids in the car).
That (at least to me) is one sign chivarly is dying, common courtesies and paitence are vanishing quickly and with them the role of chivarly is shrinking to only what use to be common courtesies and signs of people actually being paitent and understanding of another person.
I also think people are becoming more paranoid and taking that paranoia and fear out on the world. It's hard to find chivarly when people are scared and channeling that fear into anger toward others and taking out that anger for the smallest thing the other person does which they see as being wrong, or as being directed against them.

Now this is a post...

Signature
Unit No. - RX-93
Unit Name - Nu Gundam

page 3 of 3 « Previous 1 2 3 71 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.