Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 racial issues... - Minitokyo

racial issues...

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

fawna-chan

fawna-chan

butterfly ghost

um...i did a search on this...but i could find anything...so i was just wondering whether you or anyone you know has been mistreated because they are a certain race. i haven't but i'm annoyed by every guy stranger say to me, "Ni Hao" or "Gwo Sen" or "How you doing, Chino...?" actually i've heard that New York (where i live) has the most segregated schools in the nation. but that's another story...

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Oy where to start. First off I'm Chinese so basically every stereotype out there I have been taunted by. Added to the fact there was this jack*** at high school that always and I do mean always "pretended" to speak in chinese. This really pisses me off.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

i think this could be along the same lines as the stereotyping thread... but anywho...yeah, i've had that happen to me once... i was walking around in San Francisco with a couple of my female (asian) friends and some african american dudes were calling out "ni hao" and some other stuff in chinese...

Signature Image

never been mistreated because of my race. Although i hear them jokes about it but actually i do not feel ofended, i laugh at those. I've actually made comments but in a funny way i do not do it seriously. Joke a lot.

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Most of the racial mistreatment you see these days is against whites.

I am invincible!

I think racist people are just stupid...they should be placed into a mental institution, like come on, everyone is the same...-.- i get angry because i see this sort of thing everyday..
and dont worry your not alone..
im half japanese/portuguese....thats a bad combination and i get taunted because of it all the time..

faceofspades

faceofspades

Risk Your Life

against whites? that's debatable >_>

I've been sorta lucky in such matters, i'm of mixed decent so ppl can't tell my nationality just by looking at me =/

When my day comes, I want to be buried face down so whoever doesn't like me, can kiss my @$$

I'm also of mixed heritage, but I look German, and seeing as how I live in a mostly German town, I haven't seen that much racism (although, of course, me not seeing it doesn't mean it doesn't exist).

soujiokita

soujiokita

Super Kawaii

I don't like racist ppl. There are these ppl in my Chinese school who think the teacher is racist. But he can't be, cuz the teacher himself is Chinese. Okay, i didn't really understand that.

Signature
My LJ
currently not[/not] accepting avatar/sig/graphic requests

racism isnt always all in my face..its also the way people treat you...if i was to go to the valley(predominantly WASPs livin there), people act scared of us or treat us differently than the way we see them treating eachother....but as for my own neighborhood, everyone gets along...California is very diverse

Quote by BorisGrishenkoMost of the racial mistreatment you see these days is against whites.

ok...so, when was the last time some one was lynched for being white?

Sunira

Sunira

www.sunira.net

Yes, I have seen rampant racial mistreatment especially towards all the hispanics in our area. Also, some black people are treated odd because of the way they dress( the regular FUBU baggys). I too have been asked if my father owns a gas station or a Motel just because Im indian. That is highly offensive to me because a helluva lot more Indians are doctors and engineers than hotel and gas station owners. My father, personally, is a mechanical engineer. People need to stop allowing stereotypes rule their perception.

bbls

bbls

Lazy days...

i haven't experienced racism here because where i live is quite diverse and the majority are asians anyway. i think the caucasians, especially the military personnel that are stationed here, are a little shocked that they sort of become the minority. so i'm thankful that i haven't been mistreated, but of course we all tease each other about our ethnicities just for fun...like because i'm korean, sometimes my friends tease me by saying that i should work at a korean "buy me a drinkie" bar. i guess i could be offended, but it's all in jest because we're all asians and minorities anyway.

Don't worry about tomorrow, don't think about yesterday,
don't live in the future, just make it through today!

Signature Image

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by ThaIsland212

Quote by BorisGrishenkoMost of the racial mistreatment you see these
days is against whites.

ok...so, when was the last time some one was lynched for being white?

When did I mention lynching? In fact, the government has mandates against white people in the form of affirmative action.

I am invincible!

MetalFire

MetalFire

where is my head

i have done this but it is a joke really. all my friends make fun of our other friend because he has one ear. we just plain ol insult him and stuff. but he know's were just playing.

annex

annex

evolve

sorry, but to me mandates aren't that bad.

but yeah, im native alaskan, and i get and hear so many horrible remarks all the time.
maybe its because diversity is so rare here, but many people are proud to say they are racist of arabian people because they might be "terrorists". too often i hear people degraded because of their race, and no one even seems ashamed.

once tho, when i was little, my friends parents wouldn't ler her play with me because i was "mexican".

it just goes to show you that hate is everywhere in this world......and i guess it will alwasy be this way, but i think there are a lot of good people too, so who even cares about those jerks?

we should just treat everyone as equal as possible, and try not to hate.

Have a nice day!

I am a member of COLOFULL WALLIES!

im referring to what the Boris-duude said:

sorry...i was comparing the "racial mistreatment" of whites to that of...all other races, lol! basically, thats the worst racial mistreatment you could come up with? affirmative action? try being murdered because you're....well, any race but white!....thats what i meant by that comment, homes...so, when you think about it, white folks dont really have it that bad, stop complaining XP

i'm the only asian girl in my town and i never faced racial issues for some reason. don't know why.

to me people are just taking racism to seriously. if they say something rude about your skin color or race you should better than that to let it affect you.

Quote by curiouslittlevixeni'm the only asian girl in my town and i never faced racial issues for
some reason. don't know why.
to me people are just taking racism to seriously. if they say something
rude about your skin color or race you should better than that to let
it affect you.

I agree with this. People are extremely race-sensitive nowadays, especially in the U.S.

Be Free and Masturbate

I 've experience racial tauntings in my life .. Went through alot of it during middle and high school. heck this lil 12 year old bunch of girls yelled out "Chinc" while I was talking to a bunch of my friends.. I 'm not even Chinese.. I mean if they at least want to insult my nationality they could at least get it right.
I'm Filipino, Spanish, Irish ,French,and Native American.

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by ThaIsland212im referring to what the Boris-duude said:
sorry...i was comparing the "racial mistreatment" of whites to that
of...all other races, lol! basically, thats the worst racial
mistreatment you could come up with? affirmative action? try being
murdered because you're....well, any race but white!....thats what i
meant by that comment, homes...so, when you think about it, white folks
dont really have it that bad, stop complaining XP

Red herring. Lots of people get killed just because they are white. Just because you don't hear about it much on the news doesn't mean it isn't going on. Frankly, though, I don't see a lot of racial killings going on in the United States at all, which makes your whole point moot.

I am invincible!

sjolley

sjolley

A vision of annoyance

I have actually grown up in a very predjudice environment... I grew up in Birmingham, Alabama, and watched as my fellow classmates spat racial comments at African Americans. Now I was taught never to do that, but most of the families down there are racists, and it's not just the African Americans who are being messed with, I grew up in an all black neighborhood, as the only white female on the block (and I loved it there), and was the object of racial comments. I hate racism and predjudice, and I don't know why we all can't tolerate each other... To be intolerant is to fear.

Why do you kill the joy of death?

Quote by BorisGrishenko

Quote by ThaIsland212im referring to what the Boris-duude said:

Red herring. Lots of people get killed just because they are white.
Just because you don't hear about it much on the news doesn't mean it
isn't going on. Frankly, though, I don't see a lot of racial killings
going on in the United States at all, which makes your whole point moot.

its not on the news because it doesnt happen much, lol! if it did happen, im sure it would be on the news....and how can you deny the civil rights movement?! or slavery?! or japanese internment camps?! i know its not happening now, but come on! compare all that terrible bloodshed and imprisonment based on race to not being aloud in college because the white quota's filled (that really is unfair though, man).... i have had a family death because of some neo nazi punks in the Cali boonies, so how am i just gonna let it go?! although i realize they are only misguided youth who live in fear, i cannot forgive murder based on the color of some one's skin...but i have now realized that it must happen to white folks too, so i can see where you're commin from

BorisGrishenko

BorisGrishenko

send spike

Quote by ThaIsland212

Quote by BorisGrishenko

Quote by ThaIsland212im referring to what the
Boris-duude said:

Red herring. Lots of people get killed just because they are white.
Just because you don't hear about it much on the news doesn't mean it
isn't going on. Frankly, though, I don't see a lot of racial killings
going on in the United States at all, which makes your whole point
moot.

its not on the news because it doesnt happen much, lol! if it did
happen, im sure it would be on the news....and how can you deny the
civil rights movement?! or slavery?! or japanese internment camps?! i
know its not happening now, but come on! compare all that terrible
bloodshed and imprisonment based on race to not being aloud in college
because the white quota's filled (that really is unfair though,
man).... i have had a family death because of some neo nazi punks in
the Cali boonies, so how am i just gonna let it go?! although i realize
they are only misguided youth who live in fear, i cannot forgive murder
based on the color of some one's skin...but i have now realized that it
must happen to white folks too, so i can see where you're commin from

The civil rights movement was forty years ago. The Japanese internment camps were over sixty years ago. Slavery was more than 140 years ago. If you have as much faith as you seem to in the news media, I pity you.

I am invincible!

SilentMasamune

SilentMasamune

I'm all washed up. . .

Quote by toxictea23I think racist people are just stupid...they should be placed into a mental institution, like come on, everyone is the same...-.- i get angry because i see this sort of thing everyday..

I agree. Racism should be a thing of the past. Some people are so intent on trying to defile others because of their appearance instead of liking them for what they present from the inside. Whenever I hear an issue with race, I become quite upset because there's a good chance that something racist could even be directed towards me, being that I'm African American.

Signature Image
Support Limerock Cafe - full feature forum and gallery

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 53 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.